Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2021, 09:29 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Why work when you can get free money? Why make good personal decisions when poor ones are rewarded?
You hit that one on the head! I am a 1099 salesman without debt. With less sales and enough business deductions, I should qualify for the next gravy train Stimuluses, possibly even free healthcare. O Happy Day. This could be the beginning of an easier life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2021, 09:57 AM

6,744 posts, read 3,360,889 times
We already have our Covid money and if the Dems are in control I want the rest of it. I want to help the Dems bankrupt the country more than it already is. If they can borrow billions of dollars from Bungalow Joe's best buddies in China to give to their useless causes overseas, they can find a few billion more to give to the rest of us.

Might as well get it while the getting is good. The Democrats will never learn that you can't legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating money away from those that have it.

Last edited by Camaro5; 01-06-2021 at 11:10 AM..

Old 01-06-2021, 10:04 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
In the end of the day regardless of who gets what..the broke people will still be broke and people with savings will have more in savings and people that are rich will still be rich.
Exactly.

Old 01-06-2021, 10:34 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,672,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
We already have our Covid money and if the Dems are in control I want the rest of it. I want to help the Dems bankrupt the country more than it already is. If they can borrow billions of dollars from Bungalow Joe's best buddies in China to give to their useless causes overseas, they can find a few billion more to give to the rest of us.

Might as well get it while the getting is good. The Democrats will never learn that you can't legislate the poor into prosperity but legislating money away from those that have it.
I'm so happy I have my money safe from the envious greed crazed leftists. This country is doomed.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:11 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Don't forget the red face and stomping feet.

Welcome to the devalued dollar... devalued exactly because of things like this free money handout.

How about rather than handing out dollar-destroying free money, we knock this covid BS off and all get back to work? Protect the vulnerable, let the rest live again.

I'm already working. Let's not (you can though).

If you want to knock it off we have to make sure a new normal is in motion first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Only the left complains about the national debt and then complains about not getting free money. Can't make this sh*t up folks.

At least people like the OP is in a situation that makes a 2k check enough. I wish it was that simple with me.

Though I do know it would be almost enough to pay off the credit card but that's not enough because all it really attempts to do is relieve a strong desire to beat oneself up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlblkrubi View Post
I don't want $600.
I don't want $2,000.
I want businesses open. I want people working. I want society back. ·
Instead of stimulus I say the government stops shutting down or regulating business attendance. Are we really all so afraid of something with a less then >1% population mortality rate that we give up capitalism and look to the government to suckle from?
Let businesses reopen. Let the people decide who they want to patron. Allow the people that want some level of independence from the government earn their way. These will pay taxes, buy goods, pay their bills and this will be overall uplift to the economy. An uplift that has longer-term benefits than handouts.
If stimulus money is needed, it should be put it into the businesses that have been harmed by the government's actions so they can get back on their feet. Restaurants, movie theaters, local stores and shops, the list is quite long. These businesses need the help and this I happily support.
There will always be those that chose to live on handouts. Perpetuate the social ills under the gluttony umbrella. Just outright be lazy. So many feel justified to take money they didn't earn. And the irony of it all is these people will hug me and tell me they love and appreciate me, all the while doing nothing but live off of the hard work of people like me. It is what it is. The strong will carry the weak. I chose strength.
I empathize with people that are struggling. Their lives have been turned upside-down due to government overreach. I keep hearing something is better than nothing. Can that be true when there is no solution? Isn't it the same repeat of insanity?
I want to earn my way. I want to look at the person the mirror each morning and be proud of who I see. I do not want to coattail ride, panhandle or rely on the government to keep a roof over my head. I will take advantage of all opportunities to care for me, my kids and those that rely on me.
People need to work. If you chose to live off of a government check instead of work, our values are not in line.
You are welcome for my work ethic.

I'm not interested because I'm already working and I would lose that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, what a bunch of lying liars in here....â€I don’t want that check. I don’t need it. I won’t cash itâ€.

It's not good enough so no that's not what I need/want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
So people are not expected to adjust their eating habits when their income drops significantly?

Who are you to tell someone that a food product that's passed whatever regulations needed to be sold is "inedible"?

Is it not true that in the time it takes to prepare any packaged mac n cheese on the stove that you can do the same from "scratch"?

And of course I've been to a supermarket deli. Sometimes I've had to wait - gasp! - 10 minutes!!

What's the hate for packaged mac and cheese? I mean I like some restaurants more but I'd also take packaged over KFC anyday. Other than that crap, mac and cheese is (generally) mac and cheese.
I thought I was a picky eater. I guess some people aren't as into mac and cheese as I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
I agree and have never seen so many greedy people in my life. I watched the news and they interviewed people who didn't get their $600 yet. You would have thought they cut their arm off. Wheres my check, good God no one owes you jack squat!

Meh you should live where I live. One person would top all the greedy people you've seen.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:36 PM

50 posts, read 24,249 times
Our country is broke $27T in debt. Why do you need another handout. GO TO WORK!!

Old 01-10-2021, 09:42 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,490,983 times
I see a lot f republicans against the stimulus and as a liberal i agree . I have posted many time that only those without a job should get any aid. What i find lacking is any republican condemnation of trumps deficit spending policy. What say you GOP?

Old 01-10-2021, 09:50 PM

850 posts, read 795,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwy View Post
Our country is broke $27T in debt. Why do you need another handout. GO TO WORK!!
You have told that to all the hooligans storming the capital.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:51 PM

18,716 posts, read 7,595,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I have posted many time that only those without a job should get any aid.
I quit.

Where's my stimulus check?

Old 01-10-2021, 09:53 PM

507 posts, read 187,307 times
On Jan 20th this should be the first order of action without question. I don't want to see any political bull**** almost 80% of the country supports them, so I expect republicans and democrats to get this done, Americans need relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies