Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 10:27 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Keep those trigger words out there 'voter suppression' and that's all she is trying to do. Just because there is a process and procedure to voting doesn't mean it's 'suppression'.
Just because it is part of the process doesn't mean it isn't voter suppression. I've seen it first hand in my area. I live in the South. In 2008, I happened to live in a poorer area of the town. The town's voting districts were gerrymandered to put all the people renting apartments or in poorer areas in one district. Whereas the more affluent were in other districts.

My voting district had thousands of people directed to vote there by the state. The line was out the door, snaking through the parking lot and out to the sidewalk. It took 4 hours to vote. There was no voting machine issues to cause delays. Just volume. I didn't think anything of it at the time.

Four years later, I moved to another part of town - the more affluent part of town. Our entire voting precinct is 300 voters. They have just as many machines as my other polling place did. There's no lines. There was no line in 2012, 2014, 2016 or 2018. In 2020, the only line I saw was before the polling place opened. But anytime after 8:30am was clear.

All of those years, I've driven by my old polling place on my way home from work. So I drive by on Election Days too. That line is out the door around the corner every time. But my polling place in my more affluent area is nice and short. Plenty of parking. No lines. The other polling place has very limited parking. Even worse - somehow in the very early morning when I drive by the old polling place - nearby businesses have cars parked in every single spot - forcing voters to walk much further.

That's probably the LEAST of the voter suppression that goes on.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:37 AM

2,774 posts, read 902,328 times
That gap between Tracy Abrams teeth runs between the left and right side of her brain also.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:41 AM

5,740 posts, read 4,694,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
Voter suppression is real and here is the latest attempt but a judge blocked it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...ad-of-runoffs/

Republicans cheating and accusing Democrats of doing that.
That wasn't just a random judge.

The judge is Stacey Abram's sister. Says so in the 3rd paragraph.

Conflict of interest much????????

Old 12-29-2020, 11:50 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
sad but true. Every strategy they put forth involved making it difficult for people to vote.

Old 12-29-2020, 03:21 PM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
A North Carolina Republican operative and several others have been accused of ballot tampering in connection with a 2018 congressional race. GOP operative Leslie McCrae Dowless was arrested in February 2017 and charged with illegal ballot handling and obstruction of justice. Republican Mark Harris led slightly when an investigation into an absentee ballot operation on Harris' behalf suggested that Dowless had improperly collected and possibly tampered with ballots.

“Let them send it in and let them go vote, and if their system’s as good as they say it is, then obviously they won’t be able to vote, If it isn’t tabulated, they’ll be able to vote.” “That’s the way it is, And that’s what they should do.” Donald Trump encouraging people to vote twice

Sen. Lindsay Graham of South Carolina asked the Georgia Secretary of State about tossing ballots.

In North Carolina, Republican lawmakers have spent the past decade pushing for measures that make it harder for black voters to vote.

Republican Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick offered up to $1 million for evidence of voter fraud. Pennsylvania Democratic Lt. Gov. John Fetterman offered up three cases of voter fraud where dead people voted for Trump. Patrick’s reply was ‘Get real’.

"Tip of the iceberg" is real and there is the start.

Old 12-29-2020, 03:26 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And democrats do not know how to win without voter fraud. BTW..Stacy for someone that keeps complaining of white privilege and racism in America...it seems you’re eating well these days “Fatso”..sorry to mean spirited but I can’t stand the woman.

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...er-suppression
True.

Old 12-29-2020, 03:57 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Stacey/Oprah/Michelle. Same woman, or man?

Old 12-29-2020, 04:04 PM

9,414 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
And democrats do not know how to win without voter fraud. BTW..Stacy for someone that keeps complaining of white privilege and racism in America...it seems you’re eating well these days “Fatso”..sorry to mean spirited but I can’t stand the woman.

https://thepostmillennial.com/watch-...er-suppression
I can't stand her, she has an extremely stupid face and God help Georgia if the people or the cheat system ever installs her as governor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
It happens all the time. Republicans love to hang out at inner city polling locations and try to intimidate people of color from casting their vote for the party that cares about them. Such evil.
That is utterly absurd, but typical of the left's 180 degrees off M.O. Everything the lefties say is true of themselves.

Old 12-29-2020, 04:23 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,024 times
Republicans prefer "states rights" which is code for go ahead and run you elections any way like like and discriminate at your own discretion. Republicans know that if every registered voter was given an equal opportunity to vote they will never win another election.

Old 12-29-2020, 04:27 PM

955 posts, read 744,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
It happens all the time. Republicans love to hang out at inner city polling locations and try to intimidate people of color from casting their vote for the party that cares about them. Such evil.
Most stupid thing I've read today, Congrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies