Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 10:29 AM

17,635 posts, read 13,452,818 times

Advertisements

Moral to the story for this girl. Never use the hard "R" at the end of that word. If you end it with an "a" you be OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2020, 10:31 AM

16,322 posts, read 10,339,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This young man will get his some day. Oh yes he will.
Karma. What goes around comes around. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Whatever you want to call it, I firmly believe that it is true. He will get his. And when he does, I will laugh my head off.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:33 AM

12,606 posts, read 21,753,315 times
Quote:
You seem rather defensive about his sexuality being discussed. Perhaps if he had not filled the internet with photos of himself posing in very feminine ways nobody would be discussing it ... just exactly how if this girl hadn’t filmed herself using the n-word we wouldn’t be discussing that, either.

Are you understanding now how this whole thing works?
If you think my asking "why are your perceptions about his sexuality relevant to this story?" is being "defensive about his sexuality," you're clearly not understanding what's being asked. My question is simple, why are you so concerned with a teenage boy's sexuality in a thread about a girl who was punished for a racial slur she made when she was 15? It's pretty simple to answer and for some reason you're really dodgy about it.

Yes, he's drawn national attention to himself; but that doesn't mean we all have to take a deep dive into his sexuality. I've managed to read this story and have yet to see these photos, nor do I care to. If that's what you're into, that's fine. As you said, he has made himself the subject of national scrutiny. It's just not relevant to the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
for holding this stupid grudge for three years and ruining someones life.......... he should be dissected on a lab table...... literally........
No. Neither of them should have had their lives ruined. She should have been able to go to school, cheer, and live the rest of her life. He should have been able to continue on with his, grudge or not. The bigger issue here is that there is a system in place that allowed his revenge post to be effective. She shouldn't have used the n-word when she was 15, but the punishment does not fit the crime.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:42 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,450,172 times
I read this article a few days ago, and it disturbed me. Cancel culture is a problem. God only knows where I would be if videos of all the stupid things I did in my teen years existed. It is not that they were completely outlandish, but I think most of us probably did something at some point in our teen years that we would prefer the world did not see. It is not fair to damage a teen’s life because they said something stupid once. The punishment hardly fits the crime in this case.

It is hard to be a parent these days and coach your kids on knowing that every single video they record or every picture they take can live forever.

One of the biggest problems I see is that this constant barrage of shaming desensitizes us to the real issues when they are exposed. It is unlikely that a guy like Trump could have been elected if we were not used to seeing videos of every nitwit out there saying outlandish things.

I will say that I do not agree with the narrative the the NYT made this happen. It had already happened and they ran a story about it.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 12-29-2020 at 11:07 AM..

Old 12-29-2020, 10:45 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,454,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
If you think my asking "why are your perceptions about his sexuality relevant to this story?" is being "defensive about his sexuality," you're clearly not understanding what's being asked. My question is simple, why are you so concerned with a teenage boy's sexuality in a thread about a girl who was punished for a racial slur she made when she was 15? It's pretty simple to answer and for some reason you're really dodgy about it.

Yes, he's drawn national attention to himself; but that doesn't mean we all have to take a deep dive into his sexuality. I've managed to read this story and have yet to see these photos, nor do I care to. If that's what you're into, that's fine. As you said, he has made himself the subject of national scrutiny. It's just not relevant to the story.

No. Neither of them should have had their lives ruined. She should have been able to go to school, cheer, and live the rest of her life. He should have been able to continue on with his, grudge or not. The bigger issue here is that there is a system in place that allowed his revenge post to be effective. She shouldn't have used the n-word when she was 15, but the punishment does not fit the crime.
Concerned? No. I’m discussing this story with the same tone and tenor as I would any other thread here. Maybe a good question to ask is why are YOU so concerned with MY opinions?

I enjoy the psychology of human interaction. It often explains much of why we interact with others the way that we do. After reading this story and thinking about it I developed a hypothesis that this young man possibly spent his high school years suffering from his own identity, and seething with rage over a classmate who had more poise, confidence, and popularity. This is the number one reason why children this age commit acts of violence and other misbehavior towards one another. After seeing numerous photos of him posing like a female, it seems a possibility that he hated this girl for being a girl. You may not realize this, but these type of feelings, and the dangerous validation that some seek, is quite real.

He chose to make himself a public figure by virtue of his “outing” of this girl. That choice comes with consequences, one of them being armchair psychologists like me discussing potential reasons for his vindictiveness. You can choose to not participate in this part of the conversation if it makes you uncomfortable, but your attempts to belittle and scorn me won’t have any effect on my end in this discussion.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:48 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,980,272 times
Quote:

and just which "N" word was it?? censorship does not even allow us to know...........one ends in an "a" another in an "r" The internet is turning into a huge bunch of secret "codes"

Old 12-29-2020, 10:52 AM

7,473 posts, read 3,980,272 times
Quote:
Concerned? No. I’m discussing this story with the same tone and tenor as I would any other thread here. Maybe a good question to ask is why are YOU so concerned with MY opinions?

I enjoy the psychology of human interaction. It often explains much of why we interact with others the way that we do. After reading this story and thinking about it I developed a hypothesis that this young man possibly spent his high school years suffering from his own identity, and seething with rage over a classmate who had more poise, confidence, and popularity. This is the number one reason why children this age commit acts of violence and other misbehavior towards one another. After seeing numerous photos of him posing like a female, it seems a possibility that he hated this girl for being a girl. You may not realize this, but these type of feelings, and the dangerous validation that some seek, is quite real.

He chose to make himself a public figure by virtue of his “outing” of this girl. That choice comes with consequences, one of them being armchair psychologists like me discussing potential reasons for his vindictiveness. You can choose to not participate in this part of the conversation if it makes you uncomfortable, but your attempts to belittle and scorn me won’t have any effect on my end in this discussion.
Here is another dangerous point to ponder..... this idiot was shown that his "revenge" worked for him. Now I'm sure he sees this as a tactic he can use against people his whole life...........what a despicable trait to have re-enforced.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,454,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Here is another dangerous point to ponder..... this idiot was shown that his "revenge" worked for him. Now I'm sure he sees this as a tactic he can use against people his whole life...........what a despicable trait to have re-enforced.
Indeed. Imagine the power one feels after successfully canceling someone else’s life course. It’s unlikely one wouldn’t attempt the same later in life.

Old 12-29-2020, 10:58 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,499,406 times
****** is a joke word - it's funny to see people calling themselves that...... people really can be trained to eat ****.

er or a, it's the same word..... smart people know this.

Old 12-29-2020, 11:02 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,207,014 times
Quote:

I’d be willing to bet a thousand dollars had this been an obviously straight frat boy type of kid that the NYTimes would not have printed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies