Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 06:33 AM

4,385 posts, read 4,389,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
wonder if china behind deliverate covid and election fraud, because trump really **** china off with the tariffs. they want obama back bad
Well, they're about to Obama light so there's that

Old 12-30-2020, 06:35 AM

7,368 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Are you a shill for them? Serious question. [Note to mods: I am *NOT* accusing anyone. Just asking.]

Ok Kristina, dazzle us with your intelligence. Describe the threat that Russia poses. I'll have another question for you after you answer this one, if you actually do.
You really haven't heard about Russian election interference? Trumps ties to Russia? The whole Mueller probe? Special Counsel Mueller said himself that Russia poses a threat to our democracy and he is the former FBI director. Trump has even publicly praised Putin. I don't know what else you need as proof.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Based on your use of the language, the points you [try] to make, the threads you choose to participate in and the constant subject changes, always in the direction of China being all rainbows and unicorns, I'm making a direct accusation: You like chocolate.

On an unrelated side note, there are things I can't type here without risking the wrath of the forum gods. Just thought I'd point that out, 'cuz there are people who don't know, or something.
I'm just saying that there are worse threats than China. Just having Trump as president has been a great threat to our norms and traditions and democracy

Old 12-30-2020, 06:58 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
You really haven't heard about Russian election interference? Trumps ties to Russia? The whole Mueller probe? Special Counsel Mueller said himself that Russia poses a threat to our democracy and he is the former FBI director. Trump has even publicly praised Putin. I don't know what else you need as proof.

This is an example of what the OP is talking about. The Russian election interference, the Mueller probe and the rest were all Left wing "news" media talking points that were pounded into the American psyche to denounce and trash Trump.

There are some people that believe every word the media says.

During the 2012 campaign for President when Obama was debating Mitt Romney, Mittens said that Russia was our greatest threat and Obama said, the 1980's is calling and they want their foreign policy back. Everyone had a good laugh at that so what changed in the following 4 years that made Russia the greatest enemy ever?

The media has become the the Propaganda arm of the Democrats. Do you like ice cream? In 2016 the media made it a big deal that Trump was served 2 scoops of ice cream at a WH dinner where everyone else only got one. They tried to make it out like he was putting himself above everyone else like he was the King which fit into their narrative that he was going to tear up the Constitution and make himself an emperor. Today when the media should be hounding Biden for answers to the Hunter scandal they kindly ask him what his favorite ice cream flavor is. The media asked Hillary that same question and she didn't want to offend anyone, mainly the Lefty snowflakes, so she said she liked them all.

The point is, Trump is right, again. The media is the enemy of the People through their bias and favoritism. They are doing us all a real disservice by only reporting the news they think we should hear.

China is the threat and the media is complacent in it.

Old 12-30-2020, 07:03 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Dinners’, ‘Sponsored Trips’ From Chinese Communist Propaganda Front.

https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusi...dinners-trips/

Would you happen to have a more reputable source? https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-national-pulse/

"Overall, we rate The National Pulse Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as affiliation with a known questionable group, and failed fact checks."

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence

Old 12-30-2020, 07:07 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
Whether or not the source is credible information is up for debate, but what I want to know is why the right wing sees China as so bad? There are greater threats to our norms and democracy such as white supremacy, Russia, and people afraid to bake a cake or host a wedding venue for LGBTQIA+-. So I ask again, what is so bad about China? If anything, they provide us with all of the conveniences and products we enjoy today at a reasonable price.
You think not baking a cake for an LGTB couple is worse than the threat from China?

Old 12-30-2020, 07:10 AM

21,933 posts, read 9,503,108 times
Quote:
I'm just saying that there are worse threats than China. Just having Trump as president has been a great threat to our norms and traditions and democracy
I can't wait to see what you say when you are in work camps or shot because you spoke out against the government. Here's a hint: Tiananmen Square. Ever heard of it?

Old 12-30-2020, 07:24 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
I said dazzle us. Repeating talking points doesn't demonstrate any intelligence.

What do you actually KNOW about the threat Russia poses?

What ORIGINAL THOUGHTS do you have on the subject?

WHY does "election interference" matter? What does that accomplish? What are they trying to accomplish? Did they achieve it?

Do you have ANY ideas or opinions that aren't assigned?

Dazzle us, Kristina.

Old 12-30-2020, 07:29 AM

Quote:
I said dazzle us. Repeating talking points doesn't demonstrate any intelligence.

What do you actually KNOW about the threat Russia poses?

What ORIGINAL THOUGHTS do you have on the subject?

WHY does "election interference" matter? What does that accomplish? What are they trying to accomplish? Did they achieve it?

Do you have ANY ideas or opinions that aren't assigned?

Dazzle us, Kristina.
Okay, where do you get your news from? I get my information from WNYC and CNN which are pretty well respected news organizations.

Old 12-30-2020, 07:34 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Would you happen to have a more reputable source? https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-national-pulse/

"Overall, we rate The National Pulse Questionable based on extreme right-wing bias, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories as well as affiliation with a known questionable group, and failed fact checks."

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence
How about Axios? If you'd bothered to actually go looking for whatever the article is talking about, you'd have discovered that they're largely just referencing the Axios piece from June.

https://www.axios.com/chinas-influen...c1593d444.html

As I said to someone the other day, in another thread, the Left NEVER does any research. Never. They dismiss a thing entirely, based on a domain name. It's shocking that so many have completely forgotten, if they were ever taught in the first place, how to read the news.

I have a newsflash for ya, buddy. If you're still playing the "sources" game, you're nothing but a cog in the machine you hate. All sources are biased. All sources give incomplete data. You gotta learn HOW to read the news, and focus less on where you're getting it. If you do it right, you'll almost never end up on the page you started with.

Most articles reference some other article or document, but you guys never, ever follow the links. Ever. If you bother to read the piece in the first place, of course...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies