Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 02:31 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I couldn’t care less. And it’s so interesting how cops will never call out their own. The whole brotherhood thing is a joke, forgive me for dismissing your thoughts on something like this.
Couldn't care less.

Then why do you post in this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2020, 04:15 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If its that easy to fool seasoned law enforcement officers, I feel bad for the citizens of that city.
https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click

Which is the real gun from 40 feet away ?

Old 12-31-2020, 04:37 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click

Which is the real gun from 40 feet away ?
I've posted a couple different times with a comparison. No one answers.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:15 PM

23,593 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If its that easy to fool seasoned law enforcement officers, I feel bad for the citizens of that city.
The cop who shot him was a rookie. Neither cop saw the toy gun until after he was shot.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
No he was actually a former Police Officer who was dismissed from another department. He may have been
"new" to that department, but not to Law Enforcement.
Nope.

July 2012: Hired by Independence PD.
December 2012: He was going to be terminated but he resigned first.

December 2012-March 2014 he applied with numerous PD's and was rejected.

March 2014: Hired by Cleveland PD.
November 2014: He shot and killed Rice.

He was a rookie.

The following link has the info from his personnel file with the Independence PD, showing how horrible he was as a cop ....
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...e-Cleveland-PD

Old 12-31-2020, 07:27 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Nope.

July 2012: Hired by Independence PD.
December 2012: He was going to be terminated but he resigned first.

December 2012-March 2014 he applied with numerous PD's and was rejected.

March 2014: Hired by Cleveland PD.
November 2014: He shot and killed Rice.

He was a rookie.

The following link has the info from his personnel file with the Independence PD, showing how horrible he was as a cop ....
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...e-Cleveland-PD
It looks like he did not pass FTO training phase with Independence PD before he got hire by Cleveland PD. Not all FTO are created equal. One of my classmates from the academy failed FTO program with LASD. He lateral transfer and got hired with a much smaller agency in Orange County. He blossomed with his new agency and even made detective.

Now if you got terminated after you completed FTO and probation, then that’s a whole different story. You probably did something ****ed up to get terminated

Old 12-31-2020, 07:32 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I am a seasoned cop and an Army combat veteran.

Yet, I can’t tell the difference between a BB gun and a real gun, especially from a distance.

Can I borrow your Superman X-ray vision?
Ive seen many an old man slap their kid if they acted before they think.
I am old school.

The cop acted before he thought.
Would you pull right up in a car next to a shooter or from a distance to analyze the situation?

Old 12-31-2020, 07:36 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
Quote:
Fellow brother in blue, I feel like explaining things like this to people is like conducting a MV Stop on a Sovereign Citizen, you can talk to them until your blue in the face, but you get no where.
Fellow Brother in Blue you say?
Well, that speaks volumes..

Old 12-31-2020, 08:14 PM

264 posts, read 100,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yep.

The colored tip was broken off before the kid who owned it gave it to Tamir.

Interesting news that the caller indicated that it appeared to be a toy gun!

It is also reasonable to assume that the caller also realized that there were maybe young boys playing in the park.

I as a young boy also played with toy guns - from the ones that fired caps to water pistols, etc.

Also wanted a BB gun as well.

If I recall correctly, there was another incident in a store where a Black customer picked up a toy rifle and was shot dead by the security guard.

(Note, I was in a department store a few months ago and there was a toy rifle close to the check out line. As I walked closer, I reached for it and picked it up and immediately thought of the incident where the Black customer was shot and quickly put it down - within about 15 seconds of picking it up. I made a mental note to never ever do that again!)

What we have now is when a Black boy plays with a toy gun, there is a double standard - an opinion that he deserved what he received based on a de-sensitization of Black life.

The other thing that is quite clear is that other people can call the police on Black people, make a false accusation and the Black people have a higher probability of being seriously harmed.

The bottom line is that one must be beyond reproach and not ever pick up a toy gun, not ever walk toward the police, always have both hands visible, never argue with police, have drivers license and proof of insurance available as soon as one is stopped for an alleged traffic violation and drive well within the speed limit at all times!

Of course, the police have a tough job and I believe that the majority of them perform in an exemplary fashion.

Truth be told, teachers and police should receive a 25% to 40% pay raise and community policing should be implemented! Upon raising the pay scale, the requirements should also be raised and training enhanced. Consequently, the quality of teachers and police would increase. Coupled with this should be stiffer penalties for certain offenses as well.

Last edited by SpeedThink; 12-31-2020 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: Completeness

Old 12-31-2020, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Yes it speaks volumes about real world experience, not people Monday morning quarterbacking like they ever been in a situation as a Law Enforcement officer.

Just like I am not a Doctor and would not Monday morning quarterback a Doctor if a Doctor accidentally killed someone which they do, often, and guess what we both take oathes, except Doctors have malpractice insurance. Where's the hyprocisy?

Are there bad cops? Absolutely. Do I condone it? No. Do I think people are fixated on a child dying for displaying and pointing a realistic looking firearm, yes, you don't want facts, you want feelings.
A firearm that those two cops never saw until after shooting him. For all they knew the 911 call could have been a prank call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies