Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2020, 09:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I wonder if Ukraine got their $453M direct deposit already....
The Trump Admin proposed budget for fiscal year 2021 was the same as the prior year. No cut.

The Stimulus and 2021 Appropriations bills were merged. The Ukraine thing is a part of Appropriations, not Stimulus.

Why did the Trump Admin ask for money for Ukraine? It could have withdrawn the request at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 10:21 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The Trump Admin proposed budget for fiscal year 2021 was the same as the prior year. No cut.

The Stimulus and 2021 Appropriations bills were merged. The Ukraine thing is a part of Appropriations, not Stimulus.

Why did the Trump Admin ask for money for Ukraine? It could have withdrawn the request at any time.
Same reason why it continues to fund the Dept of Ed, the Dept of Energy, and the FDA: they talk out of both sides of their mouths.

Old 12-30-2020, 10:41 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
You have a Social Security Number so trust me when I say the Government already knows who you are.
Haha...anybody with a smartphone or a computer with a built in camera should know they are "not alone"..

Old 12-30-2020, 11:04 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The downside is the last time the stimulus checks went out, everything increased in price, especially food. The $2.50 Chips Ahoy were suddenly $2.99.

I told my husband they'll be partying tonight in town with drugs and alcohol, so $600 won't go far.

The only thing that will save the country is for people to get back to work! Of course, what is happening is the exact opposite of trying to save the country.

So, how much toilet paper, rice and beans will $600 buy?
People are not going back to work UNTIL there is a demand for the goods and services they produce. That’s how the market works. The virus and the economy are inextricably connected. Ex: I’m NOT going into an establishment that is packed with people. PERIOD. I will leave (as I already have) establishments that do not enforce mask requirement. So, I just avoid people whenever possible. As a result, I have not spent a lot of money in the past few months.

So, I don’t expect the economy to get back to normal until the virus is REALLY under control.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:21 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
What a waste of money. Support should be going to the unemployed and those that lost NEEDED income due to Covid.
There is some money for that in unemployment benefits. But the republicans rather all poor starve and die in the streets during winter

Old 12-30-2020, 11:35 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
There is some money for that in unemployment benefits. But the republicans rather all poor starve and die in the streets during winter
Hmm...I rather people go back to work so they don't have to starve. I bet they want that as well.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:42 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Really? Who are the Republicans who say that?

Old 12-31-2020, 01:58 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,214,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
A few minutes ago I received a direct deposit of $600 from the treasury. That was quick!
That's shockingly fast. The last one seemed to take forever.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:19 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
A few minutes ago I received a direct deposit of $600 from the treasury. That was quick!
ballerz

don't blow it out all at once

Old 12-31-2020, 02:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I hate to tell you this, but the Trump tax cuts were always going away for individual taxpayers - it is part of the original bill. If anything, Biden and a D congress would be more likely to make them permanent.
Most Trump supporters already knew that the personal earned income tax cuts were going away starting next year.

They have been planting stories to make it look like Biden will be to blame for the inevitable increase. 'Priming the pump' so to say with bad information. It is disingenuous of course, but it is the kind of claim intended not to inform, but to poison the well on a Biden presidency and hold the disaffected Trump base together.

We all know the the small (as it turned out) tax break most individuals received is not the main cause of the serious budget problems we have been witnessing in the Federal budget. It is the estate tax elimination (Huge for families like Mercer, Adelson, Trump and Kushner), the enormous and unmerited corporate tax cuts and the business expense tax break which benefit foreign firms as well as domestic firms and very wealthy investor families and which represents the lion's share of the new deficits.

~

Just Got Stimulus Check-revenue-impact-trump-ryan-tax-plan

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies