Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 11:49 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’m curious why is California Covid cases spiking?

https://thepostmillennial.com/us-cov...rnia-increases
Your Orange God said it was a hoax.

Just leave it at that.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:04 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times
1) No one is "locked down".
2) No one wants to see businesses closing or people losing their jobs
3) One state alone cannot be blamed for increases in infections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
at worst they are attacks on freedom and capitalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
It fairly obvious lockdowns don’t work. They haven’t stopped or slowed anything. As soon as they’re lifted, it comes back.
Contradict yourself much?

Old 12-31-2020, 12:05 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
It's enough to make one think it comes and goes in waves notwithstanding our best efforts.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:42 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Sadly, because a few don't follow the rules California will have no choice but to go on a full 4 week lockdown.
On top of their 10 month lockdown?

Old 12-31-2020, 01:03 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
1) No one is "locked down".
2) No one wants to see businesses closing or people losing their jobs
3) One state alone cannot be blamed for increases in infections.

Contradict yourself much?
Make no sense much?

Old 01-01-2021, 09:30 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’m curious why is California Covid cases spiking?

https://thepostmillennial.com/us-cov...rnia-increases
....articles about stay-home orders and other restrictions, (do not) not emphasize enough that few people comply and there is no real enforcement.

Many people traveled for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other end-of-year holidays. Malls did not comply with capacity restrictions. Many people do not wear masks.

It is misleading to report California has a surge despite the restrictions, when the restrictions are not followed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-e...110011244.html

Old 01-01-2021, 10:28 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,152,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
....articles about stay-home orders and other restrictions, (do not) not emphasize enough that few people comply and there is no real enforcement.

Many people traveled for Thanksgiving, Christmas and other end-of-year holidays. Malls did not comply with capacity restrictions. Many people do not wear masks.

It is misleading to report California has a surge despite the restrictions, when the restrictions are not followed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/letters-e...110011244.html
I am not seeing any of that in my corner of West LA where people retreat across the street if someone becomes visible and open their doors hold their shirts in front of their mouths as an improvised mask. Months into the advice it is only homeless on their shop lifting trips o the supermarket who I see unmasked in public.

But then the spread is said to be from multigenerational families living in the San Fernando Valley and South LA. I imagine if one essential worker gets infected bang you are talking about multiple nuclear family members get it as well. Since relatively few are gathering for holidays since they were gathered to begin with.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:32 AM

8,233 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Thank god Biden will be your president in 21 days, he'll take swift action nationwide and do a much better job controlling the virus.

Yes, by continuing to force masks and social distancing. The masks and social distancing has failed because Biden hasn't been president yet.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:41 AM

1,199 posts, read 734,644 times
Quote:
We have some of the toughest restrictions in the nation and we’re the hot spot of the country now. Tell me again that lockdowns work.

These so called lockdowns are a farce. This isn't no lockdown. This is just feckless leaders saying "pwetty please, follow the rules m'kay"

We have absolutely NO ENFORCEMENT of the rules. Millions still gathered together over the holidays inside people's houses in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
That is because they hate the lockdowns. Most Americans who are not far left types despise all this and have never supported it. We all can see that there is no difference in rona rates and deaths between strict states and no restriction states. The lockdowns and mask rules are feel good measures at best, at worst they are attacks on freedom and capitalism.

Americans everywhere hate and defy the lockdowns.
As someone who is on the left, I HATE LOCKDOWNS, I HATE THE RESTRICTIONS AND I HATE WEARING A MASK..... BUT I know I need to keep doing these things not just for myself. I know the actions I take have an impact on others. As such, I don't need feckless leaders to tell me to do the right thing.

I have enough foresight to know that what I do helps ensure we don't burden those who already have burdened too much: our essential workers and especially our front line healthcare workers.

It is unfair to our healthcare workers to flaunt the rules because "mUh fReEdoMs" while they now have to make heart wrenching decision of who lives and who dies because the resources are drained. None of these healthcare workers signed up to watch people drop like flies all around them and to see people all round them suffer needlessly, knowing of these were normal people could be treated but now can't.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:04 AM

6,225 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
We have some of the toughest restrictions in the nation and we’re the hot spot of the country now. Tell me again that lockdowns work.

Thanks for the laugh....lockdowns and close contact is the leading cause of the Wuhan virus..case in point, California. Well except the when your governor goes out to eat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies