Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 11:33 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Silly. The tv and Internet you typing on has parts made in China. My son is a tech -supervisor for cable n phone etc and is a Democrat- maybe the cashier at your grocery store is too and the box your cereal came in is from China which has been in our world from over 40 yrs ago. Might as well grow your corn -get a cow grow a garden and move into a very rural area. Stop typing on that Chinese key board now!!
It is possible to eliminate Liberalism, and China, from most of what one consumes, but not all.

If I can eliminate 90% of it, I'm hurting them, & the more that do what I do, the more they'll feel it.

I'm not buying the $70k Volvo, or the $46k Buick due to China. Next time I buy a keyboard, China's fired!

I research all large purchases prior to buying. I keep getting better & better at squeezing Libs & China.

In 2021, they'll get even less from me, & my company than they got in 2020. I've got their heads in an economic vice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 12:25 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
It is possible to eliminate Liberalism, and China, from most of what one consumes, but not all.

If I can eliminate 90% of it, I'm hurting them, & the more that do what I do, the more they'll feel it.

I'm not buying the $70k Volvo, or the $46k Buick due to China. Next time I buy a keyboard, China's fired!

I research all large purchases prior to buying. I keep getting better & better at squeezing Libs & China.

In 2021, they'll get even less from me, & my company than they got in 2020. I've got their heads in an economic vice.
Do what you must - to feel better - most products we buy from China are less that $100 in large quantities. What phone do you use?
Car prices are set here in the USA, but don’t delude yourself. And capitalism to include the entire earth is Wall Street and corporations which over 1/2 are republicans. They hold the money strings. But you are free in the USA - so buy or not buy at will. But your other millions of consumers have the same freedom. Good luck

Old 01-01-2021, 02:22 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Vitamin View Post
I'm in LA and the only ones are lockdown are the shut-ins and hermits. I've been living my life as normal... go as I please without restrictions.
Do you like eating warm take-out food instead of eating in a restaurant ?

Do you like working out OUTSIDE at the gym ?

Do you miss stopping by the neighborhood sports bar to watch the game ?

Do you enjoy paying your barber to come to your house to cut your hair ?

Not sure you're really in LA or maybe you're the hermit.

Old 01-01-2021, 03:06 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,166,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedonism View Post
I know, for most people, 2020 has been pretty awful. But what makes people think the new year will be any better?
Covid and the lockdowns aren't going away any time soon and I'm not very confident our new leaders have tax-paying Americans best interests at heart.

Despite who's leading the country, at some point things have to get back to normal. Right?
We have two nitwits heading for the WH who will raise taxes, are in bed with China, are puppets of Obama, hate conservatives..........NO things will not be better this year

Old 01-01-2021, 03:19 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We have two nitwits heading for the WH who will raise taxes, are in bed with China, are puppets of Obama, hate conservatives..........NO things will not be better this year
Here is a bonus for small business owners (as if they haven't suffered enough already). The IRS plans a 50% uptick in audits of small businesses
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...sses-next-year

Old 01-01-2021, 06:05 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That's an improvement, right?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
He did cause the Covid crisis though, which has caused far more suffering than any liberal boogeyman you can think of.
It's a shame that Americans are a bunch of partisan hacks who lack the capacity for objective thought.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:39 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,198,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump's gone and that is an immense improvement as we go back to boring and competent government. Along those lines, covid will be better addressed by Biden and will be pretty much a memory by summer. That will be followed by the Biden Boom which will be the most rapid, strongest economic recovery in decades.
Lmao if you think Biden will improve things ...sorry you will be mistaken. He won’t be there veyr long and the democrats will get rid of h8m.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:53 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
since we know for a fact from his actions that the current leader didn't have tax paying Americans' best interests at heart, and only lining his own pockets and those of his rich, tax evading cronies, I have no doubt that things will improve

It won't be immediate because there is so much damage to repair but at least we will be heading in the right direction again

Old 01-18-2021, 04:34 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
I doubt it'll be better, especially with Dementia and Kommiela in the White House. Because remember:

2021 is pronounced "2020 won".

2022 is pronounced "2020 too".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies