Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2021, 03:19 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Canadians take serious critiques on our healthcare by entities that do not have an agenda. Fraser Institute has an agenda. It is clear from their stance on pubic education, to public healthcare.

There methodology has been analyzed and questioned on many of their talking point as being faulty.

That is why no thinking Canadian takes them seriously and will continue to call them out when citied as a legitimate source.

It's really as simple as that.

Who would criticize you without an agenda?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 03:22 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Oh dear!!! An American offered their opinion of Canada, and it’s NOT FAVORABLE!

Assemble Team Canada, and let us respond with fury to these words spoken by an American!

Toot toot toot TOOT!

Seriously though: get over yourself. There are a handful of you Canadians who park at this board and make free to criticize America and Americans on a very regular basis. I’m not sure why you are so convinced that your poo is scented differently, and luxuriously, but it isn’t.
There is solid criticism and then nonsense.

Criticizing a US policy that affects Canada, is not the same as calling us silly names.

Defending the falsehoods about Canadian healthcare is not a critique of US healthcare, unless you want it to be.

Neither is defending other falsehoods about Canada, criticizing the US.

It appears to me, that you are the fragile one.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:33 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:

Criticizing a US policy that affects Canada, is not the same as calling us silly names.

Defending the falsehoods about Canadian healthcare is not a critique of US healthcare, unless you want it to be.

Hahaha. You guys always have a loophole, some justification for why you regularly insert yourself into American affairs. There’s always a reason why it’s ok for YOU. At the same time, you complain like little children about any criticism of Canada posted here. You guys are on it like it’s a paid job, in fact. I’m not exaggerating this. Everyone here knows it.

So, as I see it, if you are going to hang out in a primarily-American forum, you can either grow some tougher skin and learn how to accept a little criticism in the same light that you dish it out, or you can go back to your little circle jerk Canada forum and have 50 pleasant discussions about poutine and Bachman Turner Overdrive. Americans, I have always noticed, are far more respectful in your space at this forum than a few of you Canadians are here in ours.

Old 01-04-2021, 04:13 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:

Nope. Not to me. The myth of the breathtakingly polite "I'm soory" Canadian has been busted for quite some time. Gone and replaced by the modern smug snarky Canadian whose self-bestowed mantle of superiority feels so weirdly brittle it reminds one of the puffed up ego of an insecure underachiever who's attended way too many self-help seminars. Kind of like some character out of On Becoming A God In Central Florida ... only with less vitamin D.

There's no competition here. I won't debate policies or politics with Canadians because there isn't any point.
You're not even in the ring. Your tiny population huddles at our border more closely than Honduran refugees. Texas has a bigger GDP than you do and without a doubt a better military. You are America's pulp mill and .... well apart from a handful of decent power trios I can't think of anything else ... and btw you owe us penalties for Celine Dion. So for us this is a mind over matter thing. We don't mind you because you don't matter.

I would have held onto some decorum but your smugness earned you this. Soory.

Old 01-04-2021, 04:52 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:

There is solid criticism and then nonsense.......
This thread is all nonsense. Mainly I'm making my post because it will make it easier for me to find this thread again for future reference about a couple of the more bitterly abusive and pompous participants who are living their entire lives and lifestyles under the gun.

But the reason I'm doing so by responding to your above post is because I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that I think you and other protagonists - both Canadian and American protagonists - posting in this particular type of thread are wasting your time defending Canada against a cess pit load of antagonistic nonsense. The entire thread is full of nonsense, it's gone all over the place, none of it has been actually important, and there hasn't been a single bit of solid and knowledgeable criticism or decorum or dignity coming from any of the antagonists. Anything said to them in response just goes in one ear and out the other through the vacuum of empty space in the middle.

I don't think they can help themselves, I truly believe some of them are feeling mentally stunned silly into shock and incomprehension right now over the events of the past year.

This thread is just like that thread from a couple of days ago about the illegal house party gathering in Quebec that was broken up by the police on New Years Eve. I think the antagonists here, just as on that other thread, are using the thread simply as a medium for picking at straws and screaming in desperation at another country so they can avoid thinking about the much more dangerous and incomprehensible problems that they have created for themselves at home in recent months. Probably any other country would have done for their venting needs but Canada happens to be closest.

A lot of people are mentally unstable right now because of recent events and I have no doubt that P&OC will continue to be full of this kind of desperate and nonsensical cess pit crap and venting for quite a while longer. At least until well after the inauguration on January 20th and into late spring / early summer when more people have started getting their vaccinations and people begin to feel a bit more secure. I think feeding into the mental instability is kind of mean and it may be best to show some of that Canadian compassion that one of the antagonists here abhors so much, and just ignore any of the real nonsense threads and, if one must participate, then focus on participating only on any solid, substantial threads that have real meat on the bones.

Last edited by Zoisite; 01-04-2021 at 05:00 PM..

Old 01-04-2021, 05:16 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
So many words to say the same thing as always.

Aaand Toot toot toot TOOT blows the smug horn of the Canadian. Again.

Old 01-04-2021, 05:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Ask virtually any Canadian if they prefer Canadian style healthcare over US and they will always say Canadian. Ask a majority of Americans the same question, and THEY will say Canadian, enviously.

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...e-payer-system

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/06/93199...th-care-system

Old 01-04-2021, 05:36 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Ask virtually any Canadian if they prefer Canadian style healthcare over US and they will always say Canadian. Ask a majority of Americans the same question, and THEY will say Canadian, enviously.

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...e-payer-system

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/06/93199...th-care-system
That is not the truth; as far as my boss hates it. Once in a while, he flys to FL for treatment Don't get me wrong, most of us love it, just that it is too level playing field unless you are in power or so.

Old 01-04-2021, 05:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
There is a familiar cadence to this delusional mantra. Yeah it's coming back to me now .... I heard this old tune back in 1968 -

"Ask virtually any American if they prefer American style democracy over communism and they will always say American democracy. Ask a majority of Vietnamese the same question and THEY will say American democracy, enviously."

And you're going to keep repeating that tone deaf narrative to yourself right up until the wheels come off and you're hanging from the skids of the last chopper out of ... Toronto? LOL!

Old 01-04-2021, 05:57 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Nope. Not to me. The myth of the breathtakingly polite "I'm soory" Canadian has been busted for quite some time. Gone and replaced by the modern smug snarky Canadian whose self-bestowed mantle of superiority feels so weirdly brittle it reminds one of the puffed up ego of an insecure underachiever who's attended way too many self-help seminars. Kind of like some character out of On Becoming A God In Central Florida ... only with less vitamin D.

There's no competition here. I won't debate policies or politics with Canadians because there isn't any point.
You're not even in the ring. Your tiny population huddles at our border more closely than Honduran refugees. Texas has a bigger GDP than you do and without a doubt a better military. You are America's pulp mill and .... well apart from a handful of decent power trios I can't think of anything else ... and btw you owe us penalties for Celine Dion. So for us this is a mind over matter thing. We don't mind you because you don't matter.

I would have held onto some decorum but your smugness earned you this. Soory.
Nothing smug about any of that, eh?

Escaped your notice that this thread was created by an American and instead of debating the points raised in the title we get these responses:

post #3\ "Forcing other people to pay for your compassion is always great!" with a reference to Canada's healthcare delivery having nothing whatsoever to do with the title or topic of the thread.

post #5\ "They also don't need to budget for defense, since we mostly do it for them."

post #12\ "Right, as long as other people are forced to pay for your expenses."

post #25\ "Of course you would. Anybody who loves slavery would."

Forcing other people to pay for your expenses is already great for the slave owners!

I guess it never crossed your mind that you should be responsible for your own expenses?"

post #41\ "Of course you would. Anybody who loves slavery would."

Forcing other people to pay for your expenses is already great for the slave owners!

I guess it never crossed your mind that you should be responsible for your own expenses?"

And, as yet, in spite of these "smug" and "snarky" posts, no snark smug push back from Canadians.

Onward to post #45 when this one comes along: "Mm hmm. It's easy to be Canada. Their national pastime is criticizing the US. It makes then feel superior comparing apples to oranges." when in fact it was an American performing the comparison.

And the polite response, still with no snark or smugness is this very accurate rejoinder: " Hilarious.

Once again we have a thread started by an American in Houston, Texas, comparing stimulus packages, and then another blames Canadians who correct misinformation, as if that is criticizing."
Right on the money!

What's the common theme and the point I'm attempting to make here you ask? Just that it's the pot calling the kettle black to suggest it is Canadians being "smug" or "snarky". Those endowed with any common sense would deduce from this thread and many others mentioning Canada, that on the contrary; it's been more than adequately demonstrated; it's some Americans (a lot of them) suffering embarrassment from what the world has come to know as factual about the American weak psyche unable to accept even fellow Americans giving credit where credit is due to another country's policies they think are better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies