Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2021, 09:42 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Naaah! You give yourself far more credit than you're worthy of. Especially when it comes to the "wrecking" of anything. I'm still enjoying myself.

Rebuttal of nonsense posted is not indicative of cultural insecurity. Those Americans who would wear a Canada patch on their back packs while abroad would be emblematic of an obvious inferiority. Probably before your time.

You just spent at least ten minutes formulating your response as condescendingly as you could. That's at least equal to any effort I've yet expended on here. Perhaps there's more than one cranial cavity on here occupied by foreign visitors.

As you say; I'm old, so am off to bed now, you'll have to assume both sides of this exchange. I know you're more than capable.
I forgot about those Canadian flags on Americans backpacks. They were there all over Europe "back in the day". I proudly wore mine, but I wasn't a poser.

To be fair, I understood why Americans wore them, INCLUDING serving military members out of uniform. The US was so looked down upon, many Americans just didn't want to be known as one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 08:11 AM

2,953 posts, read 992,084 times
Quote:
Naaah! You give yourself far more credit than you're worthy of. Especially when it comes to the "wrecking" of anything. I'm still enjoying myself.

Rebuttal of nonsense posted is not indicative of cultural insecurity. Those Americans who would wear a Canada patch on their back packs while abroad would be emblematic of an obvious inferiority. Probably before your time.

You just spent at least ten minutes formulating your response as condescendingly as you could. That's at least equal to any effort I've yet expended on here. Perhaps there's more than one cranial cavity on here occupied by foreign visitors.

As you say; I'm old, so am off to bed now, you'll have to assume both sides of this exchange. I know you're more than capable.

Hey are you up and down at Denny's chewing the fat with the big prostate gang? Of course you are. Old men can't sleep in. Gotta go, gotta go. I bet you didn't order canadian bacon with your Farmer's Slam. Yet another inferior canadian contribution to the world. Nobody orders canadian bacon if they have a choice of real American bacon. You never see a "Babes, Canadian Bacon and Bullets" t-shirt. Nope. Nobody would either be intimidated or impressed by that. Both the high end restaurant and the drag strip would laugh at you for that. You sullenly eat Canadian bacon on a road trip when only McDonalds is open and they're out of everything but McMuffins.

Pick a topic. Any topic and I can show you how it's better in America but of course you already know that. Deep in your heart the inferiority complex bubbles. I see why you're here six months of the year. Canada is bleak. It's all boredom, frigid temperatures, wife beating and depression. Hell even your geography is boring and derivative. It's California in the West, New England in the East and alllll Siberian Taiga in between. Bleh. Ok, Alberta and BC are alright but it's all about the trout. If the locals were airlifted out I'd be back for the trout.

BTW you have no idea how old I am.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:20 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Wee-bey is correct. Canadian bacon is awful. It’s cheap rubbery ham with the flavor profile of processed lunch meat. Terrible stuff.

Canada is definitely not known for its cuisine. I lost weight staying in Waterton.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I forgot about those Canadian flags on Americans backpacks. They were there all over Europe "back in the day". I proudly wore mine, but I wasn't a poser.

To be fair, I understood why Americans wore them, INCLUDING serving military members out of uniform. The US was so looked down upon, many Americans just didn't want to be known as one.
Lame. America has weakling liberals in it. Duh. We know this already. It's what powers the lights at City Data. It's why Texas. This contemptible type of American is afraid of weakling Euros so they disguise themselves as weakling collectivist canadians when they're visiting Paris. As if they had anything to be worried about. Stamp your foot loudly at a Frenchman and he scurries like a cockroach when the lights come on.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:40 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Canada can’t even win the Stanley Cup.

Ouch. That one’s gotta hurt.

Old 01-05-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Canada can’t even win the Stanley Cup.

Ouch. That one’s gotta hurt.
They taught us to play hockey. Now we do it better. They infected us with the hockey mullet but we grew out of it and they haven't. Tech innovations? Microprocessors, computers? Nope they've got none. Military hardware? Better buy American. Astronauts? HA! Even your oil is lower quality. Wretched tar sand slurry that you can't even sell without stealing and soiling American indian reservations to squeeze it down to our ports on the Gulf. You guys suck at everything. I can go on and on. Give me an excuse.

Edit -

Your whiskey sucks. Forty Creek? Bleh. Your beer? Don't even get me started on that skunk. One would think that a country full of polar shut-ins with nothing to do but drink and snowmobile while drunk would have at least developed a good taste for alcohol. But no.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:09 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Hey are you up and down at Denny's chewing the fat with the big prostate gang? Of course you are. Old men can't sleep in. Gotta go, gotta go. I bet you didn't order canadian bacon with your Farmer's Slam. Yet another inferior canadian contribution to the world. Nobody orders canadian bacon if they have a choice of real American bacon. You never see a "Babes, Canadian Bacon and Bullets" t-shirt. Nope. Nobody would either be intimidated or impressed by that. Both the high end restaurant and the drag strip would laugh at you for that. You sullenly eat Canadian bacon on a road trip when only McDonalds is open and they're out of everything but McMuffins.

Pick a topic. Any topic and I can show you how it's better in America but of course you already know that. Deep in your heart the inferiority complex bubbles. I see why you're here six months of the year. Canada is bleak. It's all boredom, frigid temperatures, wife beating and depression. Hell even your geography is boring and derivative. It's California in the West, New England in the East and alllll Siberian Taiga in between. Bleh. Ok, Alberta and BC are alright but it's all about the trout. If the locals were airlifted out I'd be back for the trout.

BTW you have no idea how old I am.
I'm guessing 12 years???? Am I close?

Quite the rant in response to a Canadian for someone professing to not shive-a-git about anything Canadian.

Why would anyone eat a Denny's if given a choice of actual restaurants?

This'll be fun.

Bacon superiority: https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-...ligence-166956 You do know there is no such thing as "real American bacon" - er - don't you?

Boredom:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7192495/ Apparently all is not as "superior" in the U.S. as you present it to be.

Geography: https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...s-in-the-world

https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/m...s-in-the-world

I looked and looked but of all sites I could find; the U.S. didn't even make it into the top ten whereas Canada on the other hand . . . . Apparently the endless rows of towering signs along your interstates advertising "Best XXX rated movies" or "Have you been injured in an accident - Shyster, Kickback and Smarm are here for you" aren't everyone's idea of superior geography.

Now on to where people seem to be happier over-all:

https://www.gfmag.com/global-data/no...iest-countries Apparently your confreres do not share your opinion - 18th spot behind the Germans - my, my?

Old 01-05-2021, 09:11 AM

Quote:

Quite the rant in response to a Canadian for someone professing to not shive-a-git about anything Canadian.

Why would anyone eat a Denny's if given a choice of actual restaurants?

This'll be fun.

Bacon superiority: https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-...ligence-166956 You do know there is no such thing as "real American bacon" - er - don't you?

Boredom:https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7192495/ Apparently all is not as "superior" in the U.S. as you present it to be.

Geography: https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...s-in-the-world

https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/m...s-in-the-world

I looked and looked but of all sites I could find; the U.S. didn't even make it into the top ten whereas Canada on the other hand . . . . Apparently the endless rows of towering signs along your interstates advertising "Best XXX rated movies" or "Have you been injured in an accident - Shyster, Kickback and Smarm are here for you" aren't everyone's idea of superior geography.

Now on to where people seem to be happier over-all:

https://www.gfmag.com/global-data/no...iest-countries Apparently your confreres do not share your opinion - 18th spot behind the Germans - my, my?
And yet you can't stand to live there full time.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
In numeric base sixty but if I'm 12 decimal then what does that say about you? The twelve yr old is punching way above his weight and has four old Canadians spluttering and Googling as fast as they can to rebut him.

Old 01-05-2021, 09:30 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
They taught us to play hockey. Now we do it better. They infected us with the hockey mullet but we grew out of it and they haven't. Tech innovations? Microprocessors, computers? Nope they've got none. Military hardware? Better buy American. Astronauts? HA! Even your oil is lower quality. Wretched tar sand slurry that you can't even sell without stealing and soiling American indian reservations to squeeze it down to our ports on the Gulf. You guys suck at everything. I can go on and on. Give me an excuse.

Edit -

Your whiskey sucks. Forty Creek? Bleh. Your beer? Don't even get me started on that skunk. One would think that a country full of polar shut-ins with nothing to do but drink and snowmobile while drunk would have at least developed a good taste for alcohol. But no.
Hey; now you're even responding to yourself without being prompted.. This is neat.

I'm seeing a trend here of you picking those items that the bulk of the world's population with cognitive reasoning skills would most heartily disagree with you. Whiskey? Beer? Whoa nelly; even crude oil that YOUR oil companies spent millions refurbishing out of date Gulf refineries so they could purchase and process it after buying all of it they can as Canada is obligated to sell you first and foremost through NAFTA agreement?

Stealing Indian land?? Eminent domaine being used to service your market demand and Canada's obligation to give the U.S. first dibs on all it desires???? - -

Seriously??? As compared to: "1950 - 1953: The U.S. Army releases chemical clouds over six American and Canadian cities. Residents in Winnipeg, Canada, where a highly toxic chemical called cadmium is dropped, subsequently experience high rates of respiratory illnesses (Cockburn and St. Clair, eds.)."

1955 - 1957: In order to learn how cold weather affects human physiology, researchers give a total of 200 doses of iodine-131, a radioactive tracer that concentrates almost immediately in the thyroid gland, to 85 healthy Eskimos and 17 Athapascan Indians living in Alaska. They study the tracer within the body by blood, thyroid tissue, urine and saliva samples from the test subjects. Due to the language barrier, no one tells the test subjects what is being done to them, so there is no informed consent (Goliszek).

1952: At the famous Sloan-Kettering Institute, Chester M. Southam injects live cancer cells into prisoners at the Ohio State Prison to study the progression of the disease. Half of the prisoners in this National Institutes of Health-sponsored (NIH) study are black, awakening racial suspicions stemming from Tuskegee, which was also an NIH-sponsored study (Merritte, et al.).

What's goin on here? Are you really an American, or are you actually a Canadian in disguise funn'n with us. This is just too easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies