Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 10:18 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,495,490 times

Advertisements

Rofl. We have us a full-blown Canadian circle jerk in effect now.

The snowy tundra and covid lockdowns make for mighty restless natives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 10:24 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,509,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Wee-bey is correct. Canadian bacon is awful. It’s cheap rubbery ham with the flavor profile of processed lunch meat. Terrible stuff.

Canada is definitely not known for its cuisine. I lost weight staying in Waterton.
I suppose you think English muffins in your local store come from England?

Canadian Bacon is a style of bacon. That Canadian Bacon you are buying in the US is US bacon.

Canadian Bacon in Canada is actually different...or at least from what I've had in the US. Most US Canadian bacon is more like ham and cut too thick.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I suppose you think English muffins in your local store come from England?

Canadian Bacon is a style of bacon. That Canadian Bacon you are buying in the US is US bacon.

Canadian Bacon in Canada is actually different...or at least from what I've had in the US. Most US Canadian bacon is more like ham and cut too thick.
I’ve been to Canada. I was married to a Canadian from Revelstoke. My best friend is from Tdot. Canada and it’s culture have been a big part of my adult life.

Your bacon sucks. It just does. I don’t even take any perverse pleasure in making this statement.

Sorry!

Old 01-05-2021, 10:33 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,028,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Forcing other people to pay for your compassion is always great!
Which is why u ran away from canada to here and still whining? And of course from china .

Old 01-05-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Canada can’t even win the Stanley Cup.

Ouch. That one’s gotta hurt.
If all the NHL teams had players that were from their home countries then you would have a point.

If all the NY Rangers were American and the Toronto Maple Leafs Canadian for example, but they're not.

Now if you want actual countries players to compete against each other....like say...in the Olympics, then you can have bragging rights for a while at least.

Canada has won 9 Olympic Gold medals for hockey.

The USA has won 2 Olympic Gold medals for hockey.

Now I suppose I will be accused of being smug, by simply answering your dig with a logical and factual answer.

Last edited by Natnasci; 01-05-2021 at 10:58 AM..

Old 01-05-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
If all the NHL teams had players that were from their home countries then you would have a point.

If all the NY Rangers were American and the Toronto Maple Leafs Canadian for example, but their not.

Now if you want actual countries players to compete against each other....like say...in the Olympics, then you can have bragging rights for a while at least.

Canada has won 9 Olympic Gold medals for hockey.

The USA has won 2 Olympic Gold medals for hockey.

Now I suppose I will be accused of being smug, by simply answering your dig with a logical and factual answer.
No, I don’t think you’re being smug at all, actually.

But cammon. Your teams have gone 27 years without the Cup.

And yes, I will admit this was a dig. An effective one.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I’ve been to Canada. I was married to a Canadian from Revelstoke. My best friend is from Tdot. Canada and it’s culture have been a big part of my adult life.

Your bacon sucks. It just does. I don’t even take any perverse pleasure in making this statement.

Sorry!
You're allowed to dislike whatever you like.

What I'm getting though, is the feeling that you think Canadian Bacon, is the only bacon style in Canada. You're using the term Canadian Bacon, but then saying all bacon in Canada sucks.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Rofl. We have us a full-blown Canadian circle jerk in effect now.

The snowy tundra and covid lockdowns make for mighty restless natives.
No snow where I live and no lockdowns, just some restrictions.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
No, I don’t think you’re being smug at all, actually.

But cammon. Your teams have gone 27 years without the Cup.

And yes, I will admit this was a dig. An effective one.
It's not effective because the intent of your dig was to show that somehow Canadian players are inferior. Your whole premise is based on team locations, not players.

So ya, a fail.

Old 01-05-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
It's not effective because the intent of your dig was to show that somehow Canadian players are inferior. Your whole premise is based on team locations, not players.

So ya, a fail.
Oh no ... it’s not your players I find inferior. Clearly it’s the management and day-to-day operations of your NHL teams that are so very mockable. You guys suck at professional league hockey.

Sorry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies