Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 09:24 AM

717 posts, read 453,411 times

Advertisements

I like happy things but
Freedom and Liberty = happy joy to be you

Free stuff and Liberalism means easy access to everything you want and it’s ok to not be all Conservative as you can have fun making rave parties on the streets and living collective commune fun life eating organic plant-based tacos and sharing sunflower seeds,

instead of only living in a single family home with a gun and a Bible and owning oil wells eating fast food kfc

But some say Freedom and Liberty is the opposite of Free stuff and Liberalism. Why?

(I wrote this like a teenager living under my parents’ roof whose never stepped foot in the real world, but answer it anyway it’s a cute thread.)

Old 01-03-2021, 11:19 AM

25,770 posts, read 18,826,754 times
Although your post is not intended to be about oil wells, I'm sure... that is what caught my eye. The typical liberal condemns oil wells and the petroleum industry, yet they are the first to jump in their Subaru with partner and 2.5 dogs and head for the great outdoors. They are the first to condemn heavy industry and mining, yet are the first in line to buy and consume the products derived from those industries. They dink with their smarphones all day... all the while deadly second hand radiation is being emitted and heavy industry is spewing toxins into the air to make that phone. Can you say hypocrisy?

As for liberty, here are the different definitions I see:

For a liberal, liberty is being given free stuff, being able to use drugs, being able to marry your goldfish, and being able to deny biological fact.

For those who actually understand liberty, liberty is the right to make one's own life choices, assuming those choices do not deny others that same right.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies