Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2020, 05:22 PM

5,517 posts, read 2,402,244 times

Advertisements

Pence knows what’s up, smart man!

Vice President Mike Pence's lawyers asked a federal judge Thursday to reject a request from Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas that attempts to force Pence to ignore electoral votes of several key states when Congress meets to certify the 2020 presidential election next week.

Pence argues that the legal issues raised by Gohmert, along with a slate of Arizona Republicans, should be addressed to the House and Senate (if they should be raised at all).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/polit...uit/index.html

Old 12-31-2020, 05:25 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
Pence knows what’s up, smart man!

Vice President Mike Pence's lawyers asked a federal judge Thursday to reject a request from Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas that attempts to force Pence to ignore electoral votes of several key states when Congress meets to certify the 2020 presidential election next week.

Pence argues that the legal issues raised by Gohmert, along with a slate of Arizona Republicans, should be addressed to the House and Senate (if they should be raised at all).

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/31/polit...uit/index.html

Ah, I had some concern that Pence and/or the Department of Justice would not file an answer to Mr. Gohmert's suit. If no answer was filed by 5 p.m., I had wondered if Mr. Gohmert would 'win by default'.

Yet, Mr. Pence answered, and so the federal judge may now quickly dismiss this idiotic suit.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:30 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,810,396 times
It's Pence's way of telling Trump to go **** himself because he's done with the BS. He knows the coup attempts by Trump & the GOP ain't going anywhere and that Biden will take office on Jan. 20. There's no reason to keep playing along with Trump's charade anymore. They've had their 4 years and could've had 4 more, but they blew it and lost the election. Party's over. Time to pack up and go home.

Old 12-31-2020, 06:41 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
It's Pence's way of telling Trump to go **** himself because he's done with the BS. He knows the coup attempts by Trump & the GOP ain't going anywhere and that Biden will take office on Jan. 20. There's no reason to play along with Trump's charade anymore. They've had their 4 years and could've had 4 more, but they blew it and lost the election. Party's over. Time to pack up and go home.
I agree.

Trump's game is not Pence's game.

Pence is not looking at future indictments for several types of fraud, money laundering, election finance violations and tax evasion. He therefore does not have the same motivation which Trump has to do some crazy stunt.

The most Pence has to worry about is if he can get a spot on radio again, or as a commentator and pundit on cable TV. He will probably get speaking fees, especially with Evangelical/Fundamentalist groups. As it is already, he should be able to retire comfortably in a sensible house in a very nice neighborhood somewhere.

Pence is disappointed about the election, to be sure. We know he campaigned hard and traveled a lot for it. But he is not facing serious legal and financial problems like Trump. He'll be ok.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:25 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
The rats are jumping ship.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:30 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,751,473 times
Surprising move by Pence......

Old 12-31-2020, 08:42 PM

65 posts, read 38,216 times
Wow, someone finally has some balls to stand up to Trump (in his own way). I bet this whole intimidation act from Trump has put much stress on Pence, not that I care, but, if he goes against Trump's demands or wishes, I'm all for it. Pence has to think about what kind of legacy he will leave behind as the 48th VP of this America. I'm waiting to hear how Trump bashing his own VP after this is said and done.

Old 12-31-2020, 09:48 PM

6,095 posts, read 2,715,675 times
Even though I detest Pence as another Trump boot licker I think he's one of the few who takes the duty of his office serious.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:01 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,234,612 times
I wasn't a big Pence fan, nor am I a fan of the religious right in general. Plus, he seemed like a political robot to me. But over the last 4 years, I have grown to like and respect him.

I brought my family on our annual ski trip to Vail, CO this week. Turns out Pence is staying in our hotel. I was hoping to run into him, but as we are heading back east tomorrow, I dont think it is going to happen. It has been cool seeing all the secret service and swat-type guys in and around the hotel though.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:48 PM

1,261 posts, read 559,631 times
Even if he were on board with some master plan, it would make sense to respond to this kind of suit saying it's not his place to interfere.

If someone raises objections, he would address them in his role as President of the Senate, but some lingering suit demanding specific performance that he do so would seem to taint whatever would result.

But in reality, he is probably looking forward to a nice retirement or semi-retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies