Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
The horses I referred to were the horse species that were in America long before the europeans brought horses. And I did not mention Comanche in that. I don't know how you can go from what I posted to suggesting I said the Comanche murdered their horses.

You're being pretty selective in what you respond to.
Well, you're selective in what you claim. Big, broad brush strokes.

Old 01-01-2021, 04:40 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,367,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Well, you're selective in what you claim. Big, broad brush strokes.
Of all the tribes you brought up the Comanche to paint your little victim picture and you're going to complain about broad brush strokes.

If any tribe should be painted that way it's the Comanche. They embodied everything bad about humans.

You and reality mix like oil and water.

Old 01-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

Quote:
Of all the tribes you brought up the Comanche to paint your little victim picture and you're going to complain about broad brush strokes.

If any tribe should be painted that way it's the Comanche. They embodied everything bad about humans.

You and reality mix like oil and water.
"Little victim"? Maybe you should read back through the thread.

My entire point is, the indigenous peoples were NOT "one culture". There were many, many cultures.

And I used the comanches to point out that they in fact, did NOT kill their horses, as you had claimed in your broad brush/no actual factual details post.

I know on the internet everyone expects people to just sing one note, one song, and not express things from different perspectives. If you don't like reading people who post things from different, often opposing, perspectives in a conversation then skip my posts please.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
"Little victim"? Maybe you should read back through the thread.

My entire point is, the indigenous peoples were NOT "one culture". There were many, many cultures.

And I used the comanches to point out that they in fact, did NOT kill their horses, as you had claimed in your broad brush/no actual factual details post.

I know on the internet everyone expects people to just sing one note, one song, and not express things from different perspectives. If you don't like reading people who post things from different, often opposing, perspectives in a conversation then skip my posts please.
Yet again, I did not say the Comanche killed their horses. You're really struggling with your comprehension here.

The horse species I'm referring to pre-date the Comanche tribe entirely. Go back and read what I typed.

They are NOT indigenous peoples.

We are well aware there were many different tribes who lived here over a very long period and underwent many changes throughout their history.

What am I saying that's not factual? I'm trying to help you get a realistic look at history. History doesn't care if you find facts offensive.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Yet again, I did not say the Comanche killed their horses. You're really struggling with your comprehension here.

The horse species I'm referring to pre-date the Comanche tribe entirely. Go back and read what I typed.

They are NOT indigenous peoples.

We are well aware there were many different tribes who lived here over a very long period and underwent many changes throughout their history.

What am I saying that's not factual? I'm trying to help you get a realistic look at history. History doesn't care if you find facts offensive.
WHO are not indigenous peoples?

Old 01-01-2021, 06:20 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,210 times
Quote:
I don't have rose colored glasses at ALL. I've been maintaining in this thread, that there were warrior tribes, and peaceful tribes.

The Comanches were about as "warrior" as you can get, but they didn't murder their horses.
They dang sure ate them. And still do. lol.

Killing all your enemies horses, except a very few that caught someone's eye, was a very effective way to hobble one's enemy. In my area I could show you where whole herds of an enemy's horses were run off cliffs.

But I won't because I'm offended by those who de-humanize native Americans.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:27 PM

3,576 posts, read 2,196,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
indigenous communities and First Nations people all around the world."

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/80022330.cms
Lmao

Old 01-01-2021, 06:29 PM

Quote:
WHO are not indigenous peoples?
The Johnson family from east rutherford.

The indians!! Good Lord.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
They dang sure ate them. And still do. lol.

Killing all your enemies horses, except a very few that caught someone's eye, was a very effective way to hobble one's enemy. In my area I could show you where whole herds of an enemy's horses were run off cliffs.

But I won't because I'm offended by those who de-humanize native Americans.
Clara is responding to something that was never said. I can only correct her so many times.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:36 PM

Quote:
The Johnson family from east rutherford.

The indians!! Good Lord.
"The Indians" are not Indigenous peoples in North America? ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies