Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2021, 10:54 PM

9,880 posts, read 4,646,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So far it doesn’t appear any of the stars were prepared for distribution, I thought the military was going to do the distribution. Seniors camping out overnight to get vaccinated, this is very poorly planned.
Seniors camping out to get vaccinated? Better have plenty of porta potties ready.

Forget about lists etc just open it up to ever wants it. Sometimes I think their list of priority recipients are actually part of an experiment they want to run. Just get it out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 10:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We did 180 million flu shots in the US from Sep to Dec. How? Private sector. Turn this over to the Walgreens and Krogers and CVSs and let them do it. They have the experience, staff, skills, and even the software to manage it. Our public health system is completely unequipped to do mass inoculation.
We kind of need it through a federal-to-state method. there are several reasons we need this.
We don't have the stock to issue it through Walgreens, Kroger, CVS/Target, Walmart, etc. and we wont until we have Moderna and Pfizer able to ramp up production or by more entries into the market like Johnson & Johnson and Aztra-Zenca who are well on their way to the FDA. More dosages, will help.
Supply-chain is another issue. As we have seen, even with logistic experts in the military working with FedEX and UPS, we have seen less dosage get out than we expected. Some due to poor planning, some due to acts of God. I don't see how Walgreens, Kroger, CVS/Target and Walmart get shots to the arm any quicker and more organized right now. I see people go around and it turns into food bank and COVID testing lines.
Another issue is storage. We've seen several vaccine dosages go bad by being left out too long. Both the Pfizer and the Moderna vaccines had these issues this past week. Mind you, Moderna needs normal refrigeration compared to the Pfizer ultra-cold storage. We don't know enough about others other than AZ's which is similar to Moderna.
Finally since we need to prioritize who gets it whether you talk healthcare workers, the political figures (to show it's safe, no stigma), those in assisted living facilities or to the essential workers and the elderly in the next round; we cannot do the Walgreens, Kroger, CVS free-for-all.
Another final final reason I thought of after posting is the second dose. Most of the vaccines use two shots. We haven't even seen how the public sector will manage, but I dont see how private industry can do it better. What happens if the nurse or pharmacy tech is given a phase 1 shot not the 2nd phase shot for your first based on a mix up? I mean I would hope it isn't likely, but it could happen.

Eventually we could get to a point where we can utilize the public sector and it is ideal. The issue is there are limiting factors that cause it to need the federal-to-state method. I think it is more efficient for what we need rather than actually being more efficient.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:07 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Of course it's getting screwed up. We have some utter morons in some governor's mansions across this country. Morons that insist on vaccinating drug addicts and violent criminals in our prisons ahead of productive people in this country.
Governor's mansions? Are you talking about Texas? Distribution has been terrible so far.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:16 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Of course it's getting screwed up. We have some utter morons in some governor's mansions across this country. Morons that insist on vaccinating drug addicts and violent criminals in our prisons ahead of productive people in this country.
Arizona doesn't have a governor's mansion. Please tell me you're including Gov. Ducey there. He has mostly been in hiding since October when it comes to anything while his state gets worse and worse.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
Not President Trump's fault, it's just the usual suspects attempts at TDS. I refuse to get ANY vaccine as does my wife and kids for those that want the poison be my guest!
Are you afraid the new mRNA vaccines will turn you into a GMO creature?

Old 01-01-2021, 11:44 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Scroll down.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/

Maine is #1. Looks like a trip up there will be the place to go...while the rest of our states fail to deliver because they are incompetent.
That looks like the one. Only 28% of the distributed doses have been administered. Makes me wonder why. Lack of staff to give the shots? Or are people unwilling to take a vaccine rushed through development, with no long-term testing as to side effects or efficacy?

Old 01-01-2021, 11:45 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Arizona doesn't have a governor's mansion. Please tell me you're including Gov. Ducey there. He has mostly been in hiding since October when it comes to anything while his state gets worse and worse.
IDK, is he insisting that drug addicts and criminals get the vaccine ahead of elderly in nursing homes and essential workers? Then yes, I'd include him.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:55 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
If Biden were president the distribution would be 4 years away.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:25 AM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
Quote:
It's literally not supply. I don't know how to get that through to you. Seniors are lined up overnight to get the vaccine, in the cold, closer than 6 feet apart, for 8+ hours. Just google it, there are 100's of pictures and videos of it.
The seniors are lined up BECAUSE of limited supply. You are proving my point. If there was abundant supply, they could go to any pharmacy or any doctors office to get the vaccine.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:43 AM

1,067 posts, read 623,945 times
Quote:
Scroll down.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/

Maine is #1. Looks like a trip up there will be the place to go...while the rest of our states fail to deliver because they are incompetent.
Distributed does not mean it has reached the point of administration, so the statistics at this point are useless. When you read the articles covering distribution points, they are using up their available supply and waiting for more vials.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies