Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 08:17 PM

8,420 posts, read 4,584,552 times

Advertisements

With every small store closed and all other chain stores like Home Depot or Trader Joe's counting entries to maintain mandated 50% occupancy limits, why is every Walmart I've been to overflowing at twice pre-pandemic capacity? I've never seen such lax protocol anywhere else. it's like they are getting a pass. I for one avoid Wally like the plague.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 08:20 PM

4,160 posts, read 4,181,622 times
Walmart, Costco, Home Depot, Best Buy, etc... What do all of them have in common? Big pockets for political "contributions".

Old 01-01-2021, 08:59 PM

25,845 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Because Americans are stupid enough to let it happen. In fact they vote officials in who they know will impose such measures. They did it again in 2020. And I guess they will be bellyaching again in a few months about what THEY THEMSELVES voted for.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:12 PM

18,463 posts, read 7,103,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
With every small store closed and all other chain stores like Home Depot or Trader Joe's counting entries to maintain mandated 50% occupancy limits, why is every Walmart I've been to overflowing at twice pre-pandemic capacity? I've never seen such lax protocol anywhere else. it's like they are getting a pass. I for one avoid Wally like the plague.

Mandatory masks not being enforced either.

At least not in the ones near me.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:20 PM

12,393 posts, read 8,173,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Because you go inside of the local WalMart instead of waiting outside the Target's social distancing line. The state's only means of enforcement is to strip licenses given for health reasons and beyond that most businesses, at least in my location which enforce local occupancy do so on a voluntary basis just as they di with the Fire Marshal's maximum occupancy regulations when deputies where not in private businesses on a daily basis to insure compliance.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:24 PM

2,151 posts, read 1,215,862 times
The local Walmart here had staff logging the flow of shoppers and knows the number in the store at any given minute. I always inquire how many are in and know their normal limit. they have never been at even half cap. And they are under no orders to limit due to c19. They never seem crowded.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:28 PM

45,627 posts, read 27,240,441 times
Sports is another group allowed to operate relatively normally. And they are actually getting COVID and allowed to continue.

Sports and WalMart... considered as essential... i.e., too big to fail.

Seems like we heard that before about a decade ago with the mortgage crisis. Small banks failed. Big banks were bailed out - as they were considered as too big to fail.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesof View Post
I wonder if they dont realise they are letting 100% or more in....... The super center I went to the other day was quite full also..

And earlier that day I went to whole foods and they asre capping at 75 and I had about a 5 min wait (Not too bad) Trader Joes is MUCH WORSE!!!! (They cap at 50 and the line is ridiculously long)
I see them tabulating at Walmart with a tablet. Of any store, Walmart has not had true caps compared to other stores. Home Depot was the only non-mall store I've seen a line at. Trader Joe's had one two days before Christmas (which mind you, other stores I saw a LOT of people at other stores too) but because Trader Joe's keeps numbers down, it is hard to get into.

Old 01-01-2021, 09:53 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,995,137 times
The pay those idiots off that we vote in every 2-4 years. Thats why. Bribery is legal in America for some reason. "The Golden Rule". He with the gold makes the rules.

the citizens can stop it, but they refuse too. Oh well. Can't fix stupid. Let the sheep continue to be blonde.

Hope everyone considers never to open a small business again in this country if this is how we are going to continue to cast votes. You're only asking for bankruptcy

Old 01-01-2021, 09:55 PM

648 posts, read 432,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Because Americans are stupid enough to let it happen. In fact they vote officials in who they know will impose such measures. They did it again in 2020. And I guess they will be bellyaching again in a few months about what THEY THEMSELVES voted for.
So true. The sheeple are letting themselves get stampeded by kool aide pushing know nothings. Drink up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies