Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 03:05 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Then what's the point of it?
I don't know. I don't pay attention to things that don't affect me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 03:07 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
I mean, I do t really understand it but at the end of the day, I don’t really care about it.

Old 01-02-2021, 03:14 PM

663 posts, read 433,180 times
also from the house rules https://rules.house.gov/press-releas...117th-congress

It promotes inclusion and diversity. That includes changes that would: establish the Select Committee on Economic Disparity and Fairness in Growth; require standing committees to include in their oversight plans a discussion of how committee work over the forthcoming Congress will address issues of inequities on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, or national origin; honor all gender identities by changing pronouns and familial relationships in the House rules to be gender neutral;

Old 01-02-2021, 03:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I'm interested in specifically what they're referring to. We don't have any gender neutral terms - english speakers, attempting to be gender neutral are having to go plural. As in "My cousin is coming for a visit", "Oh, will they be staying long"?

I don't know how you can address "son or daughter" in a gender neutral way, unless you say "child", which only lasts til they're 18.

It would be interesting to see more on what they're referring to, unless it's simply offering the respect of addressing people they way they personally want to be addressed. Like, Ms. Jones instead of Miss Jones, that we managed to bravely conquer a generation ago. Didn't hurt that much, did it?

Old 01-02-2021, 03:39 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Leftist science = global warming is real, wearing a masks slow down the infection. Science rules!

*moment later*

a 6’2” 200 lbs born male and former player in the men’s handball national team puts in a wig and calls himself “Hannah”, he is now a female and can play in the women’s team

https://youtu.be/2SJYdXj7Kac

Leftists science, ya’ll

Old 01-02-2021, 03:54 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
from the OP link (my bold):

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rules Committee Chairman James McGovern (D-Mass.) announced on Friday that the rules package includes changes that would “honor all gender identities by changing pronouns and familial relationships in the House rules to be gender neutral.

So, it has been my observation that whenever "crazy" legislation is being discussed in these forums about, some liberals will say something like "you can't judge liberals by people like AOC" (who, it should be noted, was not even mentioned in the article).

However, this time, it is PELOSI who has joined in this nonsense, and so it cannot be claimed that it is just the so-called Progressives who are in favor of this latest -- imo -- outrage!

Is it any wonder that more and more people are getting completely fed up with liberal extremism?

Old 01-02-2021, 04:07 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Another thought: Wouldn't it be easier just to change the definitions of "son", "mother", etc. rather than to try to get the population used to an entirely different vocabulary?

And to answer the question of another poster, what is so bad about it is that IF this goes out to the workplace, schools, etc., it could lead to lawsuits or social media shaming if some old lady salesclerk, God forbid (or Deity or Whatever), sees an apparently female child with an apparently female person and says to the adult, "Ma'am, what are you and your daughter shopping for today?"

Oh, just imagine the potential "fuss" if the adult identifies as a man, and the child identifies as a boy!

(Again, a perfect example of trying to change the learned behavior of the 99% to try to pander to and pacify the 1%!)

Last edited by katharsis; 01-02-2021 at 05:18 PM..

Old 01-02-2021, 04:15 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,385,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
As House Speaker, I am pleased to join Chairman Jim McGovern in introducing this visionary rules package, which reflects the views and values of the full range of our historically diverse House Democratic Majority,” said Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “Thanks to the leadership of Chairman McGovern and our Members, Democrats have crafted a package of unprecedented, bold reforms...."

https://rules.house.gov/press-releas...117th-congress
She said "chairMAN". Ha Ha!

Old 01-02-2021, 04:16 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Another thought: Wouldn't it be easier just to change the definitions of "son", "mother", etc. rather than to try to get the population used to an entirely different vocabulary?

And to answer the question of another poster, what is so bad about it is that IF this goes out to the workplace, schools, etc., it could lead to lawsuits or social media shaming if some old lady salesclerk, God (or Deity or Whatever) forbid, sees an apparently female child with an apparently female person who is wearing a skirt and says to the adult, "Ma'am, what are you and your daughter shopping for today?"

Oh, just imagine the potential if the adult is actually a man, and the child is actually a boy!

(Again, a perfect example of trying to change the learned behavior of the 99% to try to pander to and pacify the 1%!)
Please, that’s been a thing for a long time. Think of kids who have longer hair & theyre boys? Or short hair & theyre girls? Or people assume someone is pregnant when they’re not? Sometimes you need to just know when to zip it.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:36 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,601,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
This is only the beginning. Woke insanity will proliferate like wildfire. What's worse is that workplaces throughout the country will also see this insanity.
I am so glad to be out of corporate america, they have become places of social indoctrination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies