Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 04:49 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

I read the article yesterday.

As I suspected, there is not a whole lot of doctors refusing the vaccine. It is nurses and EMTs. There is a massive gap in education between doctors and nurses, and an even bigger one between nurses and EMTs. The education level of nurses is all over the map, and EMTs hardly have any real medical education at all. They basically just learn exactly what they need to know for their job, which is not a lot. The vast majority of people that went to actual medical school, residency , and fellowships, are taking the vaccine.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:02 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
It has been tested. Did you somehow miss all the clinical trials? Perhaps if people like you wouldn't spread your misinformation more people would get it. It's like you wantpeople to get Covid.
Worldwide, there have been many millions of people who have received one of the several Covid-19 vaccines. A few have now received their second vaccination. If there were serious side-effects from them, wouldn't we have heard about them? Just a handful of people have had bad reactions, that have been reported in the news. You can bet that if widespread health issues were developing in the people who have been vaccinated, the media would be all over it, as it would be big news.

Old 01-03-2021, 05:05 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Personal accountability and responsibility, in this case, means to quit bitching and get your damn shot so the world can move on from Covid-19. If people would just do that, there'd be no need for the nanny state to pressure them.
We have to be careful with the bolded. There will be timing issues between vaccinations plus an unknown factor on the mutations of the virus. Therefore we should not throw caution to the wind until this virus is eradicated completely. I think that we can achieve this by more testing post vaccination. If we reach 0 cases, we still should not let our guard down and should wait at least a year after 0 cases worldwide before considering any changes to current measures. It is the only responsible thing to do.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:21 AM

1,231 posts, read 448,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
We can't wait for you to get it either, so you can stop unloading what is your own responsibility onto others. If you don't want to risk a 0.14% chance of dying, stay at home.

The dirty little secret is that you are more likely to be killed by a plethora of other things... things you don't even care about and don't blame others for. I don't hear you demanding that other drivers stay off the road or drive ten miles per hour so you won't risk dying in a car crash. You take your chances on the freeway, don't you?
You have way more chance of dying from Covid than you do from the vaccine. And literally 0 chance dying from Covid when vaccinated. Your post and the op post literally defies all logic. If this dark age disbelief in modern medicine were widespread we'd still have Smallpox and Polio and a host of other disease. You same people are complaining about things being shut down. If not enough people get this we are staying shut. They need to make this mandatory eventually.

Old 01-03-2021, 06:22 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Personal accountability and responsibility, in this case, means to quit bitching and get your damn shot so the world can move on from Covid-19. If people would just do that, there'd be no need for the nanny state to pressure them.
B.S. Neither you nor Government can force me to inject something into my body. My body, my choice, right?

Old 01-03-2021, 06:59 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Great news for people that WANT the vaccine, as their spot in the queue will come sooner if some health care workers choose to forego the vaccine.

Elderly family members of mine got the vaccine a few days ago (1st shot). Only side effect was a sore arm near the injection area. They said it felt like a bruise if pressed on but wasn't sore if the area wasn't touched. Went away the 2nd day.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:05 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
https://nypost.com/2021/01/01/alarmi...3BRapQlnnY82VE

Seems as if medical professionals are hesitant to take an untested vaccine, developed in record time, with unproven, untested technology.
Not all health care workers are medically trained.- They are uneducated folks who have been hired to wipe bums, change diapers and get people dressed. They clean operating rooms and hospital rooms. They dole out meals to patients and residents.

So it isn't surprising they don't know any better.

Last edited by moneill; 01-03-2021 at 08:07 AM..

Old 01-03-2021, 07:35 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
We have to be careful with the bolded. There will be timing issues between vaccinations plus an unknown factor on the mutations of the virus. Therefore we should not throw caution to the wind until this virus is eradicated completely. I think that we can achieve this by more testing post vaccination. If we reach 0 cases, we still should not let our guard down and should wait at least a year after 0 cases worldwide before considering any changes to current measures. It is the only responsible thing to do.

We may never get anywhere close to zero cases worldwide. Many experts believe it could end up being a seasonal issue for decades. So you are saying make people wear masks, have all sorts of occupancy rules and no seating in restaurants until a magic number of zero cases is reached with the possibility that never happens. How sad.

Once everyone has access to the vaccine things need to go back to normal immediately. That has to be the goal. Life will never be 100% safe.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:55 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genz View Post
You have way more chance of dying from Covid than you do from the vaccine. And literally 0 chance dying from Covid when vaccinated. Your post and the op post literally defies all logic. If this dark age disbelief in modern medicine were widespread we'd still have Smallpox and Polio and a host of other disease. You same people are complaining about things being shut down. If not enough people get this we are staying shut. They need to make this mandatory eventually.
There was a thread a couple of weeks ago (I think) about how masks and social distancing would still be required even if someone was vaccinated. I did NOT read that thread, but I did find the following article that explains that it will take a month for someone who is vaccinated to be protected, and that the vaccine might not even work for even a small percentage of those who take it. And then, of course, some people have had a bad reaction to it, I believe. That might be a good part of the reason why some people are reluctant to take it.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/how-l...b6218b42ea3760

(Personally, I still believe it has been rushed and I just don't trust it for that reason. A few months is just not enough time to determine what, if any, long-term side effects there might be.)

Old 01-03-2021, 08:28 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Good lord these idiotic conspiracy theories

The healthcare workers have the same information, why would half the workers be taking it?

I think they are just representative of the general population. A lot of people want the vaccine and a lot of people don’t want it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies