Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 08:45 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Millions of voters were quite willing to overlook Biden’s shortcomings to vote the bigger fool, by far, out of office. The bigger fool continues to believe ridiculous conspiracy theories because he can’t face the reality that he’s not only a fool, he’s a LOSER.

Somewhere, Q is laughing his/her/it’s head off.
I can dig it. However, hate to break it to you.....It's not a ridiculous theory. It appears to be very credible on many levels. Do your homework, dig deeper than CNN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 08:50 AM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What? The rest of us? There are at least 75 million people who think the election was stolen, and that even includes 10% of Democrats.

It is the height of arrogance to think that there are a few outliers, and everyone else agrees with you.
No, there are not 75 million who think the election was stolen.

Many Trump voters, like myself, are adults and have voted before. Sometimes your guy wins, sometimes he doesn't.

Many Trump voters with common sense realize that he started his presidency behind the eight ball (losing the popular vote in 2016) and never converted any middle of the road people. Many people voted for Trump because he was a better choice than the alternative. But again, for people who have always been involved in the political process, sometimes you win sometimes you lose. While the Trump people brainwashed the low educated voters into "the news is fake" and "polls are wrong" people with common sense saw poll after poll predicting the President's loss. So maybe the Trump supporters believed the brainwashing and are "shocked" he lost however people who have voted before were not shocked at all.

I don't know if many Trump supporters are first time voters because he appeals to the low educated voter or not but following scam "media" sites with zero evidence does not equate to fraud.

So do I believe some of Trump's uneducated voters think the election was stolen? Yes of course. Is it 75 million? Heck, I guarantee it's not even 5 million.

Old 01-03-2021, 08:54 AM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
...They hang on every word from their puppet masters (big business, politicians, and conservative "news")...
Which is worse, in your opinion: being "controlled" by big business or being controlled by a government?

As you answer that question, ask yourself which actually has direct power over you personally. Is it big business? Or is it government?

Here is my response: I have the power to reject that which "big business" is peddling if I so choose. I do NOT have the power to reject that which government is mandating. Thus, I will live with big business any day over big government because my single motivation is the right to make my own choices. Big business does not inhibit that right, big government does inhibit that right.

Old 01-03-2021, 08:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Fool is a bit understated. The man is in the early stages of dementia. Half the time he speaks like a drunk Yoda. So it's worse than being a fool.

Better a drunk Yoda with a staff of competent advisors than a petulant spoiled little brat who listens to no one and acts on impulse rather than thought.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:02 AM

5,343 posts, read 3,212,693 times
Quote:
Which is worse, in your opinion: being "controlled" by big business or being controlled by a government?

As you answer that question, ask yourself which actually has direct power over you personally. Is it big business? Or is it government?

Here is my response: I have the power to reject that which "big business" is peddling if I so choose. I do NOT have the power to reject that which government is mandating. Thus, I will live with big business any day over big government because my single motivation is the right to make my own choices. Big business does not inhibit that right, big government does inhibit that right.
Until you find out "big business" runs government. Did you have much say in the COVID disparity of payouts to individuals vs. businesses?

But yeah, keep on with your basic argument.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:11 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,653,525 times
Hitler and Mussolini were fools too. All it takes is enough bigger fools to give them power to bring devastation to all.

Trump doesnt scare me, he has proven himself a collossial failure his whole life, if he were financial genius, he would be richest man in the country, its arguable whether he is really a billionaire, since he hides his finances. Been shown he could be just as rich if he put his inheritance in a generic index fund. His only claim to fame is being born with a silver spoon up his bottom.

The great number people that vote for pure demagoguery and anti-democracy scare me a lot. I am not sure, but guessing they see themselves slipping down the financial tube (Decline and Fall of the American Empire) and grasping at any convenient turd they can see no matter how bad it smells.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Until you find out "big business" runs government. Did you have much say in the COVID disparity of payouts to individuals vs. businesses?

But yeah, keep on with your basic argument.
And if that is the case (big business running the government), why is it you folks keep voting for bigger and bigger government? You must like big business very much if that were the case.

Now, mind you, I'm not saying it ISN'T the case. But I'm certainly not going to be stupid enough to vote for bigger government and tighter control by the government if I know big business is running the government and I don't like big business. You're not making sense. You don't like big business. Big business is running the government. Thus you vote for more government control over the masses. Sorry, there is a logical disconnect in that one about as wide as the grand canyon.

In fact, if what you say is true (big business runs the government), then I'm doubly right in my philosophy. I kill two birds with one stone by not supporting a tyrannical government--since big business runs it, I also do not support big business, by your logic, right?

Last edited by ChrisC; 01-03-2021 at 10:25 AM..

Old 01-03-2021, 10:22 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,653,525 times
Quote:
And if that is the case (big business running the government), why is it you folks keep voting for bigger and bigger government. You must like big business very much if that were the case.

Now, mind you, I'm not saying it ISN'T the case. But I'm certainly not going to be stupid enough to vote for bigger government and tighter control by the government if I know big business is running the government and I don't like big business. You're not making sense. You don't like big business. Big business is running the government. Thus you vote for more government control over the masses. Sorry, there is a logical disconnect in that one about as wide as the grand canyon.

In fact, if what you say is true (big business runs the government), then I'm doubly right in my philosophy. I kill two birds with one stone by not supporting a tyrannical government--since big business runs it, I also do not support big business, by your logic, right?

Only fools vote for concentrating wealth in hands of the few as some kind of Peter Pan fantasy that it will improve their own lot. Only govt has power to fight the 1% on your behalf and force a level playing field and MORE COMPETITION, but you want to destroy it and put a king in power. Way to shoot yourself in foot!!!! The wealthy will only further concentrate their wealth, not compete, not create more jobs. If govt is unresponsive to doing what they need to do, you need to vote them out. Not increase their number with ever more fascist apologists for the wealthy.

You dont increase wealth putting up more and more service businesses, that only distributes crumbs dropped by the wealthy. And wealthy now trying to control housing market buying up houses to then rent them out at ever higher rents.

Old 01-03-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
Only fools vote for concentrating wealth in hands of the few as some kind of Peter Pan fantasy that it will improve their own lot. Only govt has power to fight the 1% on your behalf and force a level playing field and MORE COMPETITION, but you want to destroy it and put a king in power. Way to shoot yourself in foot!!!! The wealthy will only further concentrate their wealth, not compete, not create more jobs. If govt is unresponsive to doing what they need to do, you need to vote them out. Not increase their number with ever more fascist apologists for the wealthy.

You dont increase wealth putting up more and more service businesses, that only distributes crumbs dropped by the wealthy. And wealthy now trying to control housing market buying up houses to then rent them out at ever higher rents.
Sorry, but you are mistaken. What I would like to see is nearly no federal government at all and vastly reduced powers of state governments. The "1%" has done nothing to me. They have never demanded money or labor from me. The US GOVERNMENT HAS. I would far rather see a wealthy millionaire on top of a hill somewhere doing his thing than I would a wealthy parasitic government official sitting in a castle running MY life right along with his. What you folks want for this country is that it become a plantation with government officials being the masters. No thanks. I'll take my chances with the "1%."

Old 01-03-2021, 10:41 AM

1,731 posts, read 1,067,135 times
Day after day
Alone on a hill
The man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still
But nobody wants to know him
They can see that he's just a fool
And he never gives an answer

But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head
See the world spinning around

Well on the way
Head in a cloud
The man of a thousand voices talking perfectly loud
But nobody ever hears him
Or the sound he appears to make
And he never seems to notice

But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head
See the world spinning 'round

And nobody seems to like him
They can tell what he wants to do
And he never shows his feelings

But the fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head
(Oh oh oh...)
('round and 'round and 'round...)
He never listens to them
He knows that they're the fools

They don't like him

The fool on the hill
Sees the sun going down
And the eyes in his head
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies