Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 09:07 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

We really need this vaccine to start being distributed so losers can get out of their basements and start doing something other than carrying water for le grand orange narcissist con man. I'm not sure how anyone sees being a cult member for a despicable scumbag like Trump makes anyone feel fulfilled, but apparently millions of people feel this way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2021, 09:15 AM

5,345 posts, read 3,214,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Which cave were you living in all last summer?
I wasn't. But I also wasn't wearing tin foil under a MAGA hat.

Your argument is literally that the powers that be are afraid of some protesters. The same powers that be who flash bombed American citizens so the President could stand with a bible. Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Old 01-03-2021, 09:20 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,962,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
Mums the word.

What is down right weird about the national election doings is everyone from the polling managers, through the Secretary of State to the Attorney General of the US have rolled over. Mums the word.

Stay with me on this.

When I finished up a year of college, on my way out, I stopped in the bookstore and bought a book on Freud (the German head doctor who kept talking about the Oedipus Complex) entitled "Beyond the Pleasure Principle." Whoa! Up until then, Freud said people were motivated to seek pleasure. That, according to him, is what drove us. But towards the end, Freud flipped. Freud decided finally that we all were driven by the avoidance of Pain.

In the face of undeniable fraud in the national election, what could motivate someone like Attorney General Barr to deny his lying eyes. No. It's not the avoidance of Pain/present. It's the certitude that if he does not fall in line there WILL be Pain/future coming from the Biden/Harris administration.
First of all, Freud was Austrian, not a German. And secondly to stretch his theories to encompass your political biases is a stretch much too far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies