Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 07:09 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
We have what you don't. Integrity. I would say look for who really won.
There is zero integrity in what you are attempting to do.

We have laws and courts to enforce them. They have ruled against you 60 times. You think you do not have to follow them.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:11 PM

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
OK I just finished listening to it. The whole thing.

The gist of the thing is that Trump has the audacity to try telling Raffensperger his own data is incorrect. When Raffensperger tries to tell him he's checked it over multiple times in various ways, and that it's OK, Trump simply refuses to believe him. For example on 2 or 3 occasions Trump says there were, like, thousands of dead people voting. Raffensperger says they did indeed check that, and there were only 2 dead people who voted. Trump and Miller simply refuse to believe that and keep telling him his own data is wrong.

Trump is so completely delusional he simply cannot accept that he lost. His way of maintaining his delusion is to tell people that their own numbers are wrong. It's like this:

Trump to me: Bond, you know that 2 + 5 = 10. That's what your own data shows.
Me: No, our data shows that 2 + 5 = 7
Trump: That's impossible. Your own data shows that 2 + 5 = 10.
Me: No, it doesn't
Trump: Yes it does.

Seriously, that's the gist of it.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:13 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, we get 4:50 seconds of an hour long phone call......We don't know the full context what was actually stated. Yea, blah blah blah.....that is trump, but the before and after of that EXTREMELY cherry picked clip is amazing. Lets listen to the 1 hour clip...oh, wait....

Old 01-03-2021, 07:14 PM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Here is a good article on all the legal challenges both federal and state.

Trump’s pressure on Georgia election officials raises legal questions
In audio from a Saturday phone call, the president is heard urging the officials to reverse his loss

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...lection-454122

Problem would be Georgia would have to do it. My guess is he has made similar calls to different states. If they were recorded then it could get interesting.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:15 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
Trump...is...a...post...election...embarrassment. The world watches and probably sits down with a drink and popcorn and laughs at what they see and hear.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:15 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

The gist of the thing is that Trump has the audacity to try telling Raffensperger his own data is incorrect. When Raffensperger tries to tell him he's checked it over multiple times in various ways, and that it's OK, Trump simply refuses to believe him. For example on 2 or 3 occasions Trump says there were, like, thousands of dead people voting. Raffensperger says they did indeed check that, and there were only 2 dead people who voted. Trump and Miller simply refuse to believe that and keep telling him his own data is wrong.

Trump is so completely delusional he simply cannot accept that he lost. His way of maintaining his delusion is to tell people that their own numbers are wrong. It's like this:

Me: No, it doesn't

This is it.

I wish the SoS had asked Trump to provide the data he was looking at because we know it does not exist.

The audacity to say that he thinks he knows more about the election results than the guy running the election is disgusting.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:16 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,809,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Me. No, it doesn't

Trum
Yep. That's what I got out of it too.

The thing I was wonering earlier is can they charge him with extortion or fraud if it sounds like he believes what he was saying. It wasn't really a "find me the votes I know I don't have" convo, it was a "I know there's fraud and you are not looking hard enough, go uncover proof of what I believe is true" convo. He just wouldn't listen every time he was told he was wrong.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:16 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,821,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Trump said that he whines until he wins. This is what he is doing right now. This is one of the reasons I watched this speech. McCain's not perfect, but I have more respect for him than I'll ever have for Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvgqRKYapU8&t=62s
There's also this one from the previous one-term president. Night and day difference compared to now.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMLmaZ8hUwM

Old 01-03-2021, 07:18 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
So President Trump looked at the potentially hundreds of thousands of illegal or fraudulent votes.
potentially? trump didn't have evidence that any of the votes were illegal.

Quote:
And remarked to somebody....
not "somebody", the georgia secretary of state, the top official for state elections.

Quote:
...that if they could prove that just 11,780 of them could be proven fraudulent in court, it would restore the outcome of the election in that state to what the people had actually voted.
again, trump didn't have evidence that any of the votes were illegal.

Old 01-03-2021, 07:19 PM

648 posts, read 431,556 times
Local news just had the Dean of Hastings Law School on and tried to ambush him with a esoteric nonsense question about the Trump tape. Basically he rephrased the question in alignment with reality, and said "he saw nothing that could result in criminal charges." I heard the tape and came to the same conclusion. Nothingburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies