Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2021, 12:08 PM

3,516 posts, read 7,778,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And again -- I will repeat --- Trump makes all kinds of claims with ZERO evidence -- I've heard, rumor says.......but I have seen the evidence and there is no doubt --- Trump has not claimed to have any solid verification of the things he has 'heard'.
I particular liked it when Raffensperger said he would send Trump a link to the original video on the issue with the video Trump was harping about. Trump Says. "I don't care about a link. I don't need it. Brad, I have a much better link." It shows you Trump actively avoids the truth, he doesn't want to see anything that will conflict with his viewpoint.

Don't confuse me with facts.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:11 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
I just want to find 11,780 votes.

A great analysis of Trump's latest wrongdoing, along with his other egregious election actions, appeared in the NYT, this morning, by Peter Baker.

An Insurgency From Inside the Oval Office
President Trump’s effort to overturn the election he lost has gone beyond mere venting of grievances at the risk of damaging the very American democracy he is charged with defending.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/04/u...gtype=Homepage

Quote:
His hourlong telephone call over the weekend with Georgia’s chief election official, Brad Raffensperger, pressuring him to “find” enough votes to overturn President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory in that state only brought into stark relief what Mr. Trump has been doing for weeks. He has called the Republican governors of Georgia and Arizona to get them to intervene. He has summoned Michigan’s Republican legislature leaders to the White House to pressure them to change their state’s results. He called the Republican speaker of the Pennsylvania House twice to do the same.

He and his staff have floated the idea of delaying Mr. Biden’s inauguration, which is set in stone by the Constitution, and he met with a former adviser urging him to declare martial law. His erratic behavior has so alarmed the military that he might try to use force to stay in the White House that every living former defense secretary — including two he appointed himself — issued a warning against the armed forces becoming involved.

And he has encouraged Vice President Mike Pence and congressional allies to do anything they can to block the final formal declaration of Mr. Biden’s victory when Congress meets on Wednesday, seeking to turn what has historically been a ceremonial moment into a last-ditch showdown over the election.
Donald Trump, with the aid of complicit Republicans, is trying to overturn the results of the election, subvert the will of we the people, and re-install himself--the losing candidate. This is how democracy dies.

“Trump’s attempt to overturn the election, and his pressure tactics to that end with Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of State, are an example of how authoritarianism works in the 21st century, says Ruth Ben-Ghiat--- author of Strongmen: From Mussolini to the Present.
Today’s leaders come in through elections and then manipulate elections to stay in office — until they get enough power to force the hand of legislative bodies to keep them there indefinitely, as Putin and Orban have done.”

We all know how very much the President of the United States admires Putin and all those other autocratic leaders whom he values over our Founding Fathers and our Constitution and the principles that make us America.

This phone call was wrong and patriotic Americans know it.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-04-2021 at 12:24 PM..

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
They’re still trying to manufacture a story and hoping it’ll stick. This is their last hurrah attempt to to stick it to Trump. Him asking if he can find enough fraudulent votes to affect the Georgia election is a big pile of nothing both ways. I don’t think there are 11,000 fraudulent votes to begin with, but there’s nothing wrong with him asking the Georgia guy to allow him to find fraudulent votes. After the whomp, whomp, whomp failure of trying to remove Trump about a different phone call last year, Dems have nothing better to do.
They've already looked. 3 times. The votes have been counted again and again and have been certified. It's over.

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
That wasn't Meuller's JOB!
The question that bugs me is why was Trump's Campaign Manager a Russian Intelligence Agent, according to the Senate Intelligence Committee Report......Fact. How does that happen???

Old 01-04-2021, 12:12 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
He could do that. His supporters would cheer.
His supporters would cheer if he shot their own families.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:19 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Cheer, hell. Some of them would probably volunteer to be the victim, for the glory of Dear Leader.
Wow... That's deep man. I never even thought of that. But how his supporters lined up to catch covid makes you correct.

A few gave their lives to prove a point that masks are for Sissys

Old 01-04-2021, 12:23 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Wow... That's deep man. I never even thought of that. But how his supporters lined up to catch covid makes you correct.

A few gave their lives to prove a point that masks are for Sissys
That was the stupidest thing that happened this year. It was just Dumb.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:25 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,751,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Apparently this is a 4 1/2 minute edited clip from an hour long recording. I'd like it if we had access to the whole thing and not just the edited clip.
Since that’s now readily available, it just makes him look worse.

Criminal, delusional or emotionally stunted. Those are the only three choices (aside from combo platters) available now.

Old 01-04-2021, 12:25 PM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Don't bring Stevie Wonder into this. Clearly he would not be buying your nonsense.

Stevie, ste-ste-stevie, standing on a HIGHER GROUND!

Old 01-04-2021, 12:29 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,544,260 times
We are a failed nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies