Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 02:52 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,491,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You should be allowed to discriminate for any reason. Yes, you can't do that without legal consequences today.
Facebook : Ok to discriminate.

Tiny bakery in Colorado: MUST bake a cake for gay wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 02:57 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Again, Its not that the Facebook group was banned, its that the anti Biden group was banned but the anti Trump group was not banned. Get that thru your skull. Did you just ignore the other half of the post? The other issue is that Facebook has a monopoly over social media and a and there are no other viable alternatives. Where else can you easily for a group of 1.7 million members???
Again, if one group was banned but the other not, wouldn’t the logical explanation be that one group violated Facebook’s TOS and the other didn’t?

Has anyone tried to find out why this one pro-Trump group was banned?
Clearly it isn’t only because it’s pro-Trump, since there are other similar groups still active on Facebook.

What made this one so special?

Old 01-04-2021, 03:03 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
This is nonsense. If they are biased (which they are), they need to be seen as a beneficiary of the Democrats are handled accordingly.
I'm just trying to figure out what you have against the free enterprise system.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:10 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Because they lie regularly.

Back in the day when I was an idiot leftie, a coworker from Canada said to me you know your media is biased, right? I was too stupid to understand it then but I sure do now. I started really paying attention and reading/viewing both sides and then it because as clear as day.
All the more reason to not frequent them and increase their revenue, right?

Old 01-04-2021, 04:01 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,491,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I'm just trying to figure out what you have against the free enterprise system.
As long as it's free on both sides, I am good. It's not. And furthermore, Zuckerburg spent $400million to get Biden 'elected'. Barack Obama put Dinesh D'souza in prison for making a donation north of $20k. Let's just apply the same rules to both sides, k?

Old 01-04-2021, 04:06 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,903 times
Quote:
Facebook : Ok to discriminate.

Tiny bakery in Colorado: MUST bake a cake for gay wedding.
Not sure why you addressed that to me. I'm consistently on the side of property rights. I guess you aren't.

I don't switch my principles every time Trump tweets.

Old 01-04-2021, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Twitter does not do it fairly. They delete or suspend accounts for things they claim one side did (GOP) but they don't for the other side. Example: They say they shut down the Hunter Biden story because it was hacked (which it wasn't) and they allow plenty of stuff that is hacked on the left.
Start your own Twitter.

If conservatives started leaving facebook and twitter in droves things would change. I know, faux conservatives don't have a Reaganesque view of the power of free markets. Government must act! Government must be more powerful!

Old 01-04-2021, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Twitter does not do it fairly. They delete or suspend accounts for things they claim one side did (GOP) but they don't for the other side. Example: They say they shut down the Hunter Biden story because it was hacked (which it wasn't) and they allow plenty of stuff that is hacked on the left.
What's the left wing equivalent of QAnon?

Old 01-04-2021, 04:32 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,119 times
Quote:
Who said they have to do it fairly? If Twitter wants to suspend a proTrump account because they don’t like Trump, they are within their rights to do so.

We would all have been better off if Twitter had blocked Donald Trump’s account long ago.

Old 01-04-2021, 04:47 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
To be fair, If Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are actually sworn in, it will be as usurpers and imposters, having obtained their positions by fraud and deceit. They will not be anyone's legitimate president or vice president.
Like Bush n Cheney - I was in Fl. Could not get any more crooked. Vans full of chads found in the marsh in the Everglades/ please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies