Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 09:51 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Fair enough. But I do think Trump is much better. What has Trump done that Goldwater would disagree with except for a few tweets?
Memory fades with age and too much wine, these days. IIRC, Goldwater really believed in states rights.

And he advocated for the earth we all inhabit. As I have said too many times, he thought that business had no right to profit from polluting. He said the worst voting mistakes he ever made was to allow business anywhere near the Grand Canyon.

Goldwater understood how governments work.

And when the chips were down, he had the talk with Nixon. There is not a Republican alive today with the balls to contradict POTUS Trump.

Part of being elected is to keep your constituency informed. That means truth telling about things being done in all our names. That's in short supply these days. People believe what they think. That will destroy the country.

I loved it when Goldwater told the administration and the military to drive it or park it in Viet Nam. POTUS Trump just sells arm for proxy wars.

Old 01-04-2021, 09:59 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Why are you always playing the race card?

Why is the fact that she is black relevant to your opposition?
And again, a leftist comes out accusing me of racism.

AGAIN, the problem is that she was selected specifically because she is black and a woman. Biden announced ahead of time that color and gender were the first determining qualifications. How would you like it if a president-elect announced that his VP would be a white male, effectively saying that blacks and women don’t stand a chance?

It is Biden who is being racist.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:03 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And again, a leftist comes out accusing me of racism.

AGAIN, the problem is that she was selected specifically because she is black and a woman. Biden announced ahead of time that color and gender were the first determining qualifications. How would you like it if a president-elect announced that his VP would be a white male, effectively saying that blacks and women don’t stand a chance?

It is Biden who is being racist.
Biden is racist because he declined to pick a male for the first time in our nation's history and because he declined to pick a white person for the first time in our nation's history?

For 200+ years all of our VPs have been white males but the first time someone declines to pick a white male that's evidence he is racist?

You've got some truly ****ed up logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Conservatives believe that America is a white Christian nation. Social hierarchy based around race, gender, religion, and class is at the core of conservative ideology. Everyone has to remain in their place and there should be severe punishment for any defectors.
No, that’s the falsehood being peddled by the radical left. They think they people should be favored according to their race and gender, and the current “preferred” people are black females. Conservatives believe people should be selected according to qualification, and in the case of a political position, for their reasonable and pro-America policies.

-

1,885 posts, read 3,402,679 times
Oh sweet, a shiny object post early in the day to try and divert attention from THIS.

You’ll need something shinier than these same recycled, bigoted talking points about the VP which under normal circumstances, nobody would even care about.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Biden is racist because he declined to pick a male for the first time in our nation's history and because he declined to pick a white person for the first time in our nation's history?

For 200+ years all of our VPs have been white males but the first time someone declines to pick a white male that's evidence he is racist?

No. Don’t pretend to be dumb.

Biden is a racist because he said that whites and men will not be considered for the VP slot. He ruled out a big segment of very qualified people simply because they are the “wrong” color and gender. That is both racist and sexist.

And no need to smack me in the face (figuratively) just because I won’t submit to your opinion. Lucky I’m not standing in front of you, or you’d probably knock me to the cement sidewalk altogether. One thing I’ve learned from this summer’s riots is that liberals are violent.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:07 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:

This. ^^^^ For 230 years we've had white male VPs and no one, least of all, I'm sure, the OP, questioned the racism implied there. But goodness gracious, a woman of color is on the ballot! Fetch me my pearls and fainting couch!

Old 01-04-2021, 10:08 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Biden is a racist because he said that whites and men will not be considered for the VP slot. He ruled out a big segment of very qualified people simply because they are the “wrong” color and gender. That is both racist and sexist.
Would you be prepared to admit that the fact we've only had white males as VP to this point has a lot to do with racism and sexism?

If not, then I can see why you can't see Biden's perspective.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
Oh sweet, a shiny object post early in the day to try and divert attention from THIS.

You’ll need something shinier than these same recycled, bigoted talking points about the VP which under normal circumstances, nobody would even care about.
Ah....I just linked to see what you’re talking about, and naturally you linked to another anti-Trump medium that is positioning this to look bad. There was nothing wrong with that phone call. Trump is merely asking for the anti-Trump Raffensberger to locate the fraudulent votes, of which there are plenty.

Stop deflecting and introducing something to pull away from the topic of the thread.

Old 01-04-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Would you be prepared to admit that the fact we've only had white males as P/VP to this point has a lot to do with racism and sexism?

If not, then I can see why you can't see Biden's perspective.
I’d admit to the first, but that doesn’t excuse Biden’s racism in selecting a VP. You’re saying that because some people have been racist against blacks in the past, now we should be racist against whites? And you’re ignoring the related point: that Biden picked her even though she was the first nominee that Democrats kicked to the curb! He ignored that because.....she’s black, and that’s what matters. Not what voters want.

What would have been so awful if Biden said he would pick the person he thought best qualified, and that race and gender wouldn’t factor in?

All I know is that if I were interested in a job promotion and the hiring manager said, no whites would be considered, I’d be livid. And if I were better qualified than the black person hired instead, I’d have grounds for a discrimination case. (Happened to one of my friends, and he won his case.)

Last edited by Rachel976; 01-04-2021 at 10:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies