Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 12:41 AM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,906 times

Advertisements

It wasn't a good 2020 for a majority of large cities, but Western cities seem to be in much worse shape than the East Coast.

Denver, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Las Vegas, San Diego, Oakland, Seattle and Portland seem to declining at an extremely fast rate compared to Midwestern, Eastern and Southern cities.

Denver had a stunning 94 homicides last year and there are suburbs now of Denver that had more homicides in 2020 than Denver had in 2000 and 2010. In the past there were years of 32 or 33 homicides a year.

Denver has such an income disparity that the wealthy basically drive into their luxury complexes and isolate themselves from the homeless, many of which are very young with severe drug drug addiction because of the states lax position on drug use.

Denver used to have beautiful cafes as far as the eye could see a decade or two ago, now many restaurants and bars are rooftop patio or have a tremendous buffer from the sidewalk because the smells and visuals will cause people to lose their appetite.

Phoenix ended with 209 homicides and much of it looks far worse than favelas in Brazil because it's just tents, tents and more tents. A tremendous percentage of Phoenix residents are drug addicts and alcoholics also.

Phoenix has some amazing suburbs, but many people would be crying for hours after a visit to much of the city itself.

Pretty much every California city is a biohazard full of disease, COVID-19, Typhus, Hepatitis, Norovirus. Homeless encampments that line nearly entire cities and tremendous amounts of gang violence because of the amount of incredible of poverty.

Antifa and anarchists are basically in the drivers seat in Seattle and Portland.

Las Vegas pretty much of economically has collapsed because it's based on tourism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na0jT4e0tZk

Downtown Phoenix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0qf0dv6jjE&t=56s

Downtown LA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nLVUCs_3w4

Seattle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNjAtUdtR3M

Downtown Ogden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFrM-6hNzU

Denver reported 94 homicides, during the 2000s the homicide numbers were in the low 30s some years and now Denver has suburbs with more homicides a year now than the city of Denver had in 2000.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/i...2-7117b168e3a9

Utah has all-time record high homicide rates with it's Salt Lake City and Ogden turning into encampment central because of the massive scarcity of housing and massive amount of untreated substance abuse and mental health issues.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2020/12...rders-killings

Phoenix had a whopping 209 homicides last year. Parts of Phoenix are far worse than a third-world country because not only is there massive encampments but the city has a tremendous, tremendous issue with a huge percentage of the population having severe drug addiction issues.

https://communitycrimemap.com/

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-05-2021 at 01:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 05:39 AM

11,412 posts, read 7,798,329 times
None of these cities are even remotely equivalent to third world countries. Are there issues with drugs, homelessness and violence? Yes. But those issues exist even in the places you tout as utopian. For example, drug overdoses are up 200% in Bismarck ND. Isn’t that a place you pointed to as an oasis of rainbows and unicorns? Here’s a hint: Nowhere is 100% perfect and nowhere is 100% terrible. In fact, many of the cities you are claiming are awful have people moving there in droves while ND is losing population. Clearly your “dire” warnings are being ignored.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxn...0-in-2020/amp/

https://www.thedickinsonpress.com/ne...losses-in-2019

Old 01-05-2021, 05:48 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Democratic **** holes.

The end.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:48 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
It's sad what the Democrats have done. They are actually promoting a decline in our standard of living and quality of life. The Media is enabling it.

Old 01-05-2021, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Democratic **** holes.

The end.
Crazy that those supposed **** holes are where people want to live and are flocking to while utopias like Bismarck ND are being ignored. Crazy that real estate prices are rising and employment opportunities are many in such terrible places. Must be something more going on. Maybe the demise of these cities is being overblown for some personal or political reason? Whatever is behind the effort to convince the ignorant that these cities are **** holes, it’s not working.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:28 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Crazy that those supposed **** holes are where people want to live and are flocking to while utopias like Bismarck ND are being ignored. Crazy that real estate prices are rising and employment opportunities are many in such terrible places. Must be something more going on. Maybe the demise of these cities is being overblown for some personal or political reason? Whatever is behind the effort to convince the ignorant that these cities are **** holes, it’s not working.
I don't think that is it. People flocked to the Tucson area of AZ when we lived there. They end up broke and homeless, because they couldn't find jobs or affordable places to live. Also, such people tend to flock to where ever they have heard the "benefits" with either the state or charities are the best. We have all seen the news about the great exodus coming out of CA.

ND has horrible winter weather, horrible, which keeps people from moving in as most don't like such cold and snow. I knew someone when I was in Alaska who said the winter was better there then in their home state of ND. I checked the weather charts, and they were right. People are moving to places like TN and AR for more freedom, moderate weather and less crime. Those states are both booming, and I don't need to see a chart for that.

I have seen the homeless videos, people pooping on the street as people pass by! Yeah, that isn't attractive to me.

With the violence from the left, where people want to live is changing quickly.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:36 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,390 times
Good.

Keep the cons out of the cities. Let's keep growing liberal populations and keep kicking butt in elections with all that unfair voter turnout.

Some people don't know enough to be careful what they wish for. When the only things Republicans control are wheat fields and cow pastures they are going look around and to be a tad surprised. : )

Old 01-05-2021, 07:40 AM

6,091 posts, read 3,330,622 times
I can honestly say there are many areas of Phoenix just to the north and south of I-10 that I dreaded having to go. That’s why when I initially moved there, I chose to live in Verrado, which left me with a 30 mile commute one way. But I felt like I had no choice.

Anyway, part of the reason I chose to go back to work overseas is because I got tired of that commute.

I’ll likely go back to the PHX area when my overseas contract is up, but I’m looking at the extreme NW areas of Scottsdale and beyond.

The Democrats can have Phoenix and they can shoot each other, I don’t really care anymore as long as I don’t get caught in the crossfire.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't think that is it. People flocked to the Tucson area of AZ when we lived there. They end up broke and homeless, because they couldn't find jobs or affordable places to live. Also, such people tend to flock to where ever they have heard the "benefits" with either the state or charities are the best. We have all seen the news about the great exodus coming out of CA.

ND has horrible winter weather, horrible, which keeps people from moving in as most don't like such cold and snow. I knew someone when I was in Alaska who said the winter was better there then in their home state of ND. I checked the weather charts, and they were right. People are moving to places like TN and AR for more freedom, moderate weather and less crime. Those states are both booming, and I don't need to see a chart for that.

I have seen the homeless videos, people pooping on the street as people pass by! Yeah, that isn't attractive to me.

With the violence from the left, where people want to live is changing quickly.
It’s not violence or housing costs or poop that’s changed where some want to live this year. It’s working from home. Many people, for the first time, can earn a living from anywhere and some have chosen to move.

And violence is not a left or right thing. It’s a people thing. It’s always existed even before political parties were a thing. And it always will unfortunately.

Old 01-05-2021, 07:41 AM

1,277 posts, read 1,088,178 times
And driving through rural Texas and seeing the dried up forgotten ghost towns is pathetic too. They probably ran to those large cities for a real job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies