Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 04:55 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I actually agree with that. It should not be allowed to protest in front of the home of any public official (excepting the White House).

I'm sure she was probably a bit scared, but I'm also sure she's probably somewhat used to it by now (not that I'm condoning it, I'm just saying). Unfortunately, it's probably something the families of public officials get used to after a while.
Their baby is a newborn and sure her sense of danger was on high alert, no one has the right to harass someone in their own home no matter who it is, especially where there is children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Someone should tell that to the number of state Medical directors who have been forced to resign due to the amount of armed, rabid, covid deniers surrounding their doorstep.

I didn't see much outrage over that.
Didn’t hear of it, I condemn that too!

Old 01-05-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
There are many that think Hawley is a scumbag.
Only because they don’t agree with him, doesn’t mean it’s justified.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:15 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Betrayal... how so?

Biden won by 7 million votes, right? Who cares - what Hawley does... it will be fruitless... right? Anyone should have a right to resist.
Maybe they don't feel all that secure about the "election results"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
The mob of less than a dozen people looked peaceful with their candle vigils? I did not see or hear anything threatening while flipping through the hour long video although I did not watch the whole thing in detail. Perhaps you can pinpoint exactly when that happened.
You do know protesting is legal in this country right.
Not on someone's doorstep. I would also think this is disturbing the peace using a blow horn in a neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Peaceful and bullhorns don't exactly mix.

I never claimed they did anything anything wrong. He did - as he received word from his wife. Truth is relative these days. She obviously felt threatened.

It is in poor taste - but that what's en vogue today.

I just though it was a waste of time since Biden clearly won. Why are they bothering?
They are violent group, and it is more than about Biden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Truth is not relative. What were the exact threats? To say we don’t like your voting record is not threat.
I have never ever never ever seen a peaceful protest without a leader with a bullhorn. Perhaps you can provide a link to one that worked well.
And a link to the so called threat would be helpful too.
The guy wants to become a star and is being dramatic with his tweets. Please let me know how I can reach any other conclusion.
Have you seen a protest after dark in a neighborhood of homes where someone was using a bullhorn, in a quiet neighborhood? Being on someone doorstep, especially with this violent group, no, just no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
We have only his words that it was "antifa" right?

Just like we only have his words about the election being rigged.

I'm inclined to take both with a big pinch of salt until further evidence prevents itself.
If you read about the group, they are affiliated with Antifa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Hawley wasn't even at that house when it happened (he was in Missouri), so I'm inclined to believe the police.
No, he wasn't there. His wife and newborn baby were there, with 3 of these guys looking in the window glass at the door, while speaking and those at the street were on their bull horns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
There's no evidence of trespass, or even that they were "on his front door" The cop said the only thing he told the protesters were that they were violating noise ordinance and littering. You want to shoot folks for littering?
https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/po...1-6f190e39bfdf

They violated SEVERAL local ordinances. Littering with signs and chalk left behind is against local ordiance, the megaphone violated noise ordinances, gathering outside a private home is against state law.

NOTE: "Gathering outside a private home is against state law."

Old 01-05-2021, 05:20 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Golly, I thought there was a pandemic. Why haven't these selfish people been arrested for violating the shutdown orders and social distancing rules? Is it because the mayor is a Democrat and the rules don't apply to other Democrats? Yup.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:44 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
I remember when Trump supporters harassed Hillary Clinton at home just a few weeks ago. She doesn’t even hold an office but they did it because Trump. And Trump supporters here defended it saying everyone has a right to protest. Hawley holds an office. At least be consistent.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:56 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Golly, I thought there was a pandemic. Why haven't these selfish people been arrested for violating the shutdown orders and social distancing rules? Is it because the mayor is a Democrat and the rules don't apply to other Democrats? Yup.
Well they were wearing masks and were social distancing so there is that. Glad you are concerned, but they seemed like they were abiding by all covid precautions. Thank goodness.
Are there shutdown orders? I don’t think so.

Old 01-05-2021, 05:58 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,253,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedwoodOriginal View Post
They were skating a fine line, and they are setting a dangerous precedent, Pelosi, McConnel now this. Yeah I live in Texas, come on my property and see what happens, it's your choice, my dog or my AR. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
What thin line exactly? You are quick to make sweeping statements without any backup. Please provide the thin line you think they may have crossed. They didn’t destroy any property or make any threatening statements.
Hawley however lied about that part. Is that the line that you think was crossed or is it all right to tweet lies.

Old 01-05-2021, 06:05 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Congressperson’s private homes ought to be off limits. It is appalling what happened to Nancy Pelosi’s home, it is appalling what happened to McConnell’s home, and regardless of how peaceful those people were or weren’t they probably terrified that poor woman home alone with a baby. This needs to stop. Silence is not violence, stealing the feeling of safety in the sanctuary of someone’s own home is.
So tell me, how would you feel if your wife and baby were home alone and people gathered around it chanting ugliness about you? I have little doubt the woman was scared - I know I would be.
Was it appalling when Trump supporters harassed the Clinton home weeks ago? She doesn’t even hold office. And I knew then if the same thing happened to a Republican, they would suddenly say how terrible it was even though then, they were saying “free country” and “right to protest”.

Old 01-05-2021, 06:49 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Littering with signs and chalk left behind is against local ordiance, the megaphone violated noise ordinances, gathering outside a private home is against state law.
Chalk? Like on the sidewalk? Chalk? Oh no's !!!! Time to dust off "Old Sparky" and fry those miscreants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies