Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 03:33 PM

7,495 posts, read 7,183,071 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-per...165520877.html

Facing likely impeachment — and the potential for criminal liability — for helping incite last week’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, President Trump on Tuesday sought to defend himself, saying the speech he gave at a rally shortly before the siege was “totally appropriate.”

Speaking to reporters at Joint Base Andrews before departing for Alamo, Texas, the president was asked whether he accepted any personal responsibility for the events that left at least five people dead, including a Capitol Police officer, after a violent mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol building.

“So if you read my speech, and many people have done it, and I’ve seen it both in the papers and in the media, on television, it’s been analyzed and people thought what I said was totally appropriate,” Trump replied. “And if you look at what other people have said, politicians at a high level, about the riots during the summer, the horrible riots in Portland and Seattle and various other places, that was a real problem, what they said. But they’ve analyzed my speech and my words and my final paragraph, my final sentence and everybody to the T thought it was totally appropriate.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 03:34 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Tell that to those who died...

Old 01-12-2021, 03:36 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
I cant find where anything he said directed or even encouraged the behavior that followed.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:37 PM

7,495 posts, read 7,183,071 times
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Tell that to those who died...

Old 01-12-2021, 03:43 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,679,394 times
The issue you are going to have is that many politicians on record have supported deadly "peaceful" protests with much stronger language and no action was taken by Congress in those cases. Not sure why you would hold Trump accountable but not Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Bernie Sanders, etc. when their rhetoric has incited people to violence numerous times.

If you are going to hold them all accountable, then do it. You have a lot of Dems that will have to be removed from office.

Old 01-12-2021, 03:47 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,902,655 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykphPDZ9fSs

Old 01-12-2021, 03:50 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
The issue you are going to have is that many politicians on record have supported deadly "peaceful" protests with much stronger language and no action was taken by Congress in those cases. Not sure why you would hold Trump accountable but not Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Bernie Sanders, etc. when their rhetoric has incited people to violence numerous times.

If you are going to hold them all accountable, then do it. You have a lot of Dems that will have to be removed from office.
Yeah it's about time Democrats shut their hypocritical and dishonest mouths. It's getting a little sickening and too much to take at this point. They just can't seem to stop themselves.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:01 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-per...165520877.html

Facing likely impeachment — and the potential for criminal liability — for helping incite last week’s deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, President Trump on Tuesday sought to defend himself, saying the speech he gave at a rally shortly before the siege was “totally appropriate.”

Speaking to reporters at Joint Base Andrews before departing for Alamo, Texas, the president was asked whether he accepted any personal responsibility for the events that left at least five people dead, including a Capitol Police officer, after a violent mob of his supporters stormed the Capitol building.

“So if you read my speech, and many people have done it, and I’ve seen it both in the papers and in the media, on television, it’s been analyzed and people thought what I said was totally appropriate,” Trump replied. “And if you look at what other people have said, politicians at a high level, about the riots during the summer, the horrible riots in Portland and Seattle and various other places, that was a real problem, what they said. But they’ve analyzed my speech and my words and my final paragraph, my final sentence and everybody to the T thought it was totally appropriate.”

Trump often says "they" have done many things and "they" remain unknown to anyone other than Trump's imagination.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:02 PM

8,383 posts, read 4,371,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post

OK ... quote one President of the United States that has used 'stronger language'. I'd like exact quotes please. Whataboutism is getting old. No doubt there are a thousand examples where some religious leader, some politician has put their foot in their mouth in any number of ways. But a President? Someone that by definition should be even keeled and moderate in order to find common ground an lead.

Old 01-12-2021, 04:03 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I cant find where anything he said directed or even encouraged the behavior that followed.
He cheered them on with his rally right before they marched on the Capitol. He called them patriots and said he loved them after it was all said and done. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to connect those dots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies