Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 12:44 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,831,416 times

Advertisements

I'm counting on it!

Old 01-06-2021, 12:50 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bullish View Post
The blue wave is here and cannot be stopped. Democrats have control of the Senate now. Finally some positive progress coming for the country. What are you looking forward to most under this new era of a blue wave?
Positive change. Oh, and the removal of you-know-who.

Old 01-06-2021, 12:53 AM

941 posts, read 3,911,816 times
major networks are calling for rev warnock's win, just as predicted, now -- ossoff still "undecided" to bait for ratings; votes for his seat is pretty much guaranteed at this point, as we predicted.

get your surfboards out!

Old 01-06-2021, 01:11 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
The Republicans lost the Senate race in GA.

You can thank Mitch McConnell and the other senators for refusing to sign the stand alone $2000 stimulus check bill.

Those people in GA voted for a $2000 stimulus check.

Congratulations to every bone head who thought it was "too expensive" and to "think of the future chiiiiiiiildren".

Their future is going to suck even worse, now.

:: Golf clap ::

You don't screw people over who are hungry, facing eviction, and lost their jobs by force from their governments, no matter what you think of how they spent their last stimulus check.

Old 01-06-2021, 01:16 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Put your investments in a safe place. It's going to be ugly tomorrow.

Old 01-06-2021, 01:46 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The Republicans lost the Senate race in GA.

You can thank Mitch McConnell and the other senators for refusing to sign the stand alone $2000 stimulus check bill.

Those people in GA voted for a $2000 stimulus check.

Congratulations to every bone head who thought it was "too expensive" and to "think of the future chiiiiiiiildren".

Their future is going to suck even worse, now.

:: Golf clap ::

You don't screw people over who are hungry, facing eviction, and lost their jobs by force from their governments, no matter what you think of how they spent their last stimulus check.
Crazy thought. The democrats ran better and more likable candidates. The republican candidates were trumpers and he is not a popular figure at this time. Nothing to do with $2000. Plenty voted democrat who earn too much to qualify for any stimulus check.

Old 01-06-2021, 01:49 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Why is it great for cannabis? LOL According to the DEA, its THEIR AGENCY that has the final say as far as drug scheduling!
Drugs can be moved in the schedule through executive action at DEA or legislation. Legislation is of course more powerful and permanent.

Old 01-06-2021, 01:56 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bullish View Post
The blue wave is here and cannot be stopped. Democrats have control of the Senate now. Finally some positive progress coming for the country. What are you looking forward to most under this new era of a blue wave?

I think you're kidding yourself.

The Democrats barely squeezed out a win in both the presidential election and in the Georgia senate elections because they were running against a once-in-a-century cartoonish halfwit in Donald Trump. Not only that, but because Trump made one idiotic decision in the past year fighting Covid-19, the resulting devastation to the economy, his waffling on a stimulus.

As the cherry on top, Trump decided to wage war against the Georgia GOP. Even so, Warnoff and Ossoff barely made it across the finish line.

Elsewhere, despite Trump's godawful antics, the GOP actually picked up ten seats in the House.

I guess what I'm saying is this. The Democratic Party, facing the worst president in modern memory (Perhaps ever), barely won this election.

Any objective person would realize that this is evidence of a serious problem with the Democratic brand. In huge swaths of the country, it's toxic.

I doubt the Democratic Party will do any soul searching. I've read triumphalist remarks like this when Clinton and Obama won the White House. And what happened next? Legislative overreach followed by severe reverses in the mid-terms.

Don't you remember? Obama had a supermajority in the Senate to begin his term and watched it vanish. He completely squandered his advantage. And, in the years to come, more of the electoral votes go to traditional red states. You know, where economic growth is taking place now in this country.

Meanwhile, the Democrats in the Senate will have a majority of 1. It's a razor thin majority and Joe Manchin has already said that he isn't voting for any radical changes. And I bet a lot of moderate Democrats follow suit.

So put down the pipe. Because it's not going to happen.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:11 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post

The Democrats barely squeezed out a win in both the presidential election and in the Georgia senate elections because they were running against a once-in-a-century cartoonish halfwit in Donald Trump. Not only that, but because Trump made one idiotic decision in the past year fighting Covid-19, the resulting devastation to the economy, his waffling on a stimulus.

As the cherry on top, Trump decided to wage war against the Georgia GOP. Even so, Warnoff and Ossoff barely made it across the finish line.

Elsewhere, despite Trump's godawful antics, the GOP actually picked up ten seats in the House.

I guess what I'm saying is this. The Democratic Party, facing the worst president in modern memory (Perhaps ever), barely won this election.

Any objective person would realize that this is evidence of a serious problem with the Democratic brand. In huge swaths of the country, it's toxic.

I doubt the Democratic Party will do any soul searching. I've read triumphalist remarks like this when Clinton and Obama won the White House. And what happened next? Legislative overreach followed by severe reverses in the mid-terms.

Don't you remember? Obama had a supermajority in the Senate to begin his term and watched it vanish. He completely squandered his advantage. And, in the years to come, more of the electoral votes go to traditional red states. You know, where economic growth is taking place now in this country.

Meanwhile, the Democrats in the Senate will have a majority of 1. It's a razor thin majority and Joe Manchin has already said that he isn't voting for any radical changes. And I bet a lot of moderate Democrats follow suit.

2022 is actually a decently good map for Senate Ds, so if the public likes what they do with power Ds could actually add more Senators then, but yes historical norms could return in midterm losses if the public doesn't like it or the D Congress's actions turn off too many.

Old 01-06-2021, 02:13 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post

Winning Georgia and flipping the senate really really is a big deal.
It may or may not represent a blue wave. All depends on how much republicans leadership stop making it about Trump. If they exercise him from the program they will be in a stronger position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies