Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 08:50 AM

8,928 posts, read 2,959,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Black people are the reason Trump lost, and the reason why dems control the senate. The Black community in Philly, Atlanta, and Detroit came through HUGE.

87% of African Americans in Georgia voted Democrat on Tuesday.

Hats off to Black America, you came through bigly.

With those statistics above, lets all enjoy a good laugh and remember that Trump supporters like to pretend that Trump has the support of black people. Haha, not.
There are real questions as to why blacks are the most homogenous group of voters in the country. That always lends itself to be taken for granted. I was glad to see that a decent percentage migrated to Trump from 2016.

And then you have to ask....WHY are they still voting for Democrats at such high numbers automatically?

Blacks have been voting democrat at a 90%+ clip for 65+ years, and what have they gotten from it?

All this time later they are still lagging behind in economic indicators, they still have very high percentages of crime per capita, and they are still obviously very angry about their situation because they go into the streets and riot very often over issues that they feel they have in their communities (that are almost exclusively run by Democrats and powerful blacks themselves). Yet, they still put that lever in lockstep...the DNC KNOWS they have the black vote in the bag like the sun will come up tomorrow. They don't have to do really anything for them, other than pay some lip service and put a D after their candidates names.

Very strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 08:52 AM

25,684 posts, read 18,770,132 times
Whoop-tee-do.

If the stiffness lasts for more than four hours, see you medical professional.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:03 AM

72,962 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
There are real questions as to why blacks are the most homogenous group of voters in the country. That always lends itself to be taken for granted. I was glad to see that a decent percentage migrated to Trump from 2016.

And then you have to ask....WHY are they still voting for Democrats at such high numbers automatically?

Blacks have been voting democrat at a 90%+ clip for 65+ years, and what have they gotten from it?

All this time later they are still lagging behind in economic indicators, they still have very high percentages of crime per capita, and they are still obviously very angry about their situation because they go into the streets and riot very often over issues that they feel they have in their communities (that are almost exclusively run by Democrats and powerful blacks themselves). Yet, they still put that lever in lockstep...the DNC KNOWS they have the black vote in the bag like the sun will come up tomorrow. They don't have to do really anything for them, other than pay some lip service and put a D after their candidates names.

Very strange.
Well, this is the way I see it. The Republicans haven't done much for Blacks either over the last 50 years.

Old 01-08-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Whoop-tee-do.

If the stiffness lasts for more than four hours, see you medical professional.
What is all of this suppose to mean?

Old 01-08-2021, 09:20 AM

3,743 posts, read 1,440,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, this is the way I see it. The Republicans haven't done much for Blacks either over the last 50 years.
Republicans and Dems both did good things for blacks and at times did not do much at all. You have to do for yourself. This is America. Blacks have been voting Dem since FDR and have not left or flip flopped. Basically 88 years. And 88 years ago FDR was elected. In order for blacks to change party, a major disturbance must occur for blacks to switch. The reason why blacks switch from republican to Dems is due to thr fact thet FDR new deal began to include black men and black women in work programs across the nations.

I'm a 1st generation American. I vote independent and I do flip flop for Dem or republican party policies. African Americans on the other hand will never vote the way how I do. The only way balcks vote for republican policies is for school choice which is a republican policy.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Republicans and Dems both did good things for blacks and at times did not do much at all. You have to do for yourself. This is America. Blacks have been voting Dem since FDR and have not left or flip flopped. Basically 88 years. And 88 years ago FDR was elected. In order for blacks to change party, a major disturbance must occur for blacks to switch. The reason why blacks switch from republican to Dems is due to thr fact thet FDR new deal began to include black men and black women in work programs across the nations.

I'm a 1st generation American. I vote independent and I do flip flop for Dem or republican party policies. African Americans on the other hand will never vote the way how I do. The only way balcks vote for republican policies is for school choice which is a republican policy.
Just the same, I notice some people constantly talking about the Black vote like it's a problem for them. It leaves me considering that some people don't really care about Black people, but feel threatened by how Blacks vote.

The first major spike in Blacks voting Democrat was during FDR. However, it wasn't just FDR involved. There was a growing anti-Black movement within the GOP known as the Lily-White Movement. Herbert Hoover tried to appeal to southern Whites by breaking off any alliances he had with Black voters. This turned some Blacks away from the Republican Party.

The spike in Blacks voting Democrat wouldn't last forever. Eisenhower managed to get up to 40% of the Black vote in 1956. He is the last Republican to get that much of the Black vote. Kennedy would get more Blacks to vote for him. And then came the Civil Rights Act and later the Voting Rights Act. Barry Goldwater, a Republican, didn't support it. And it was THIS moment that sealed the beginning of the end in terms of Blacks voting GOP in large numbers. Outside of Nixon, The Black vote has been skewing Democrat ever since. It's not 88 years. It's more like 50-55 years. And then consider that since the 1960s, more and more Blacks are able to vote.

There are a few things that should be considered.

This is what Nixon's strategist, Kevin Phillips, had to say about the Black vote.

Quote:
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.
And later, Lee Atwater said this during an interview.

Quote:
Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "the n word." By 1968 you can't say "the n word"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "the n word."
And then consider Reagan's speech in Mississippi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan...ghts%22_speech

Reagan mentioned that he was pro-states' rights. For alot of Black Americans, that's code for "let's go back to the Jim Crow days". Considering that the top uses for states' rights have been related to slavery and segregation, it's going to be difficult to trust someone who says "I'm in favor of states' rights". And this speech was given in Neshoba County, where three civil rights activists were murdered.

There are other things I think about. Per capita, Black business ownership is lower among Black Americans than with other groups. Black Americans (especially women) have a higher likelihood to work for county, municipal, and federal jobs. 1/3 of Black Americans work in public sector jobs, as oppose to the private sector. People who work in public sector jobs have a higher likelihood of voting Democrat.

I think about this. In Oklahoma, the oil and gas play a big role. Alot of people who work in the oil and gas industry vote Republican. Black Americans are very underrepresented in the oil and gas industry. Blacks are 13 percent of the U.S. population, and hold 9 percent of the oil and gas jobs. Blacks have never been more than 10 percent of those employed in oil and gas, even during the oil/gas boom.

https://www.usnews.com/news/the-repo...he-us-oil-boom

Even in good economic times, Blacks are often the last to benefit. Anyone who complains about Blacks constantly voting Democrat, there are some reasons for voting Democrat, and "free stuff" isn't the biggest reason.

Old 01-08-2021, 12:43 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,323,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Historic high Black voter participation is a main reason why Joe Biden won and now the Georgia Senate runoff turns blue...history in the making!

https://apnews.com/article/election-...6c3fdbc2e31eb7

That's the media's reason. The real reason Biden won was, white college-educated whites.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Just the same, I notice some people constantly talking about the Black vote like it's a problem for them. It leaves me considering that some people don't really care about Black people, but feel threatened by how Blacks vote.

The first major spike in Blacks voting Democrat was during FDR. However, it wasn't just FDR involved. There was a growing anti-Black movement within the GOP known as the Lily-White Movement. Herbert Hoover tried to appeal to southern Whites by breaking off any alliances he had with Black voters. This turned some Blacks away from the Republican Party.

The spike in Blacks voting Democrat wouldn't last forever. Eisenhower managed to get up to 40% of the Black vote in 1956. He is the last Republican to get that much of the Black vote. Kennedy would get more Blacks to vote for him. And then came the Civil Rights Act and later the Voting Rights Act. Barry Goldwater, a Republican, didn't support it. And it was THIS moment that sealed the beginning of the end in terms of Blacks voting GOP in large numbers. Outside of Nixon, The Black vote has been skewing Democrat ever since. It's not 88 years. It's more like 50-55 years. And then consider that since the 1960s, more and more Blacks are able to vote.

This is what Nixon's strategist, Kevin Phillips, had to say about the Black vote.

Reagan mentioned that he was pro-states' rights. For alot of Black Americans, that's code for "let's go back to the Jim Crow days". Considering that the top uses for states' rights have been related to slavery and segregation, it's going to be difficult to trust someone who says "I'm in favor of states' rights". And this speech was given in Neshoba County, where three civil rights activists were murdered.

There are other things I think about. Per capita, Black business ownership is lower among Black Americans than with other groups. Black Americans (especially women) have a higher likelihood to work for county, municipal, and federal jobs. 1/3 of Black Americans work in public sector jobs, as oppose to the private sector. People who work in public sector jobs have a higher likelihood of voting Democrat.

I think about this. In Oklahoma, the oil and gas play a big role. Alot of people who work in the oil and gas industry vote Republican. Black Americans are very underrepresented in the oil and gas industry. Blacks are 13 percent of the U.S. population, and hold 9 percent of the oil and gas jobs. Blacks have never been more than 10 percent of those employed in oil and gas, even during the oil/gas boom.

Even in good economic times, Blacks are often the last to benefit. Anyone who complains about Blacks constantly voting Democrat, there are some reasons for voting Democrat, and "free stuff" isn't the biggest reason.
The final interesting thing about black America is this. Even though they vote 95 percent democrats. Culturally and socially they are conservative. Black democrats socially and culturally are no different than there southern white conservatives bretherns. And are not socially liberal. This is kind of odd especially since many black Americans are homophobic, black church is patriarchal and many blacks don't like immigrants other than for sexual gratification. No different than your white counterpart. Just straight A Yankee attitude.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:53 PM

Quote:

While I support blacks working and doing work any occupation. You forget that blacks are a minority in terms of sheer numbers and black men are even much smaller demographic than black women. So you are not going to see many blacks working in oil field operations and oil corporate businesses. Democrats to a certain degree have the blacks back. But be careful how you use it. The reason why Clinton did the crimes bill was to protect black people in urban areas, promote home ownership and so forth. Look how things turned out. It did not turn out well with cops killing blacks and blacks mainly black women loosing your home in mortgage crisis. Becareful who you vote for, even if they have your back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies