Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 11:21 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Did just one person die at the capital today? I heard someone say, "those that died today".

Last edited by janelle144; 01-06-2021 at 11:52 PM..

Old 01-06-2021, 11:21 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/rebtanhs/status/1346879406581624833

Trump ordered tear gas on protesters so he could stand in front of a church and hold up a bible.

Now you have Trump supporters illegally on Capitol grounds and there's no tear gas.

Tells me all I need to know. You know if it was BLM or Antifa the cops would be cracking heads. But it's the MAGA crowd so they get the kid gloves treatment.
The cops were taking selfies with the rioters. :hand:

Where are the arrests? Trump is at fault for his incendiary rhetoric. He needs to be evaluated by psychiatrists. After that, he needs to be committed.

Narcissistic personalities do not handle public humiliation very well. When they go down, they take others with them. Think Jim Jones.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:22 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,751,519 times
Exclamation Those who Broke into The Capital MUST be Prosecuted!

What they did was 100% illegal.

They should be taken into federal prison as if they were terrorists, which they were. Domestic Terrorists.

Lock them up!

Old 01-06-2021, 11:25 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,959,293 times
Put them in line with the BLM rioters.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Reminds me of a guy I used to work with. every once in a while,when you least expected it he would just out of no where say; " I hate people"
He probably remembered something some idiot did or said, and just had to get that out. I'm pretty much over people now. I'm trying to give a damn, but I just don't. I literally can't stand people.

Back to the topic:

To the OP, yes, there was plenty going on in DC today, whether you saw footage of it or not.

As for the poll: I felt it was justified all the way until they broke in, but I was none of the feelings that were in the poll. I was indifferent. Honestly, a part of me just didn't care at all what happened. And the other part of me didn't care if everything across this country just burned right down to the ground into a heap of ashes.

What happened today - it doesn't matter if antifa was involved in disguise (yes, they have done that before, stop being a bunch of dumbasses and denying it - I'm beginning to think that some of the posters on here are part of pantifa), the fact is, Trump supporters were in there. So, whether they were the ones doing it, or they followed pantifa into the building, they were also in the building. I watched it on live streams (yes, multiple at the same time), and they were climbing the side of the building, going through windows, and they pushed past the police line and busted through 2 doors to get inside.

Any one of those deterrents should have been a good sign that "Hey, maybe I'm breaking some rules here..."

Once inside:

They got into Pelosi's office, where one person stole some of her mail and then took a photo of himself with it, (brilliant) (I guess I need a /sarc tag because some people are too stupid to recognize it without the tag).

One person took a podium, took a photo of themselves with it, and is allegedly selling it online (although I don't believe that, I think they just took a photo of themselves holding it).

There were guys dressed in animal skins, or animal outfits (I have no idea wth), one of them in the chambers where the lying traitorous politicians were completing their steal before running in terror away from the people who were breaking in.

People sitting ON the building, dangling their feet over the side, acting like they were at some concert.

There was a huge group of people who were shoving their way in, and had pinned a large group of police against the wall, and for about 10-15 seconds, one cop, who was being squashed, was yelling out in pain - it was so tight, again like at a concert when people shove towards the stage - people die this way. They stole some of their shields, stole a baton, and were using the shields and baton against the police who were trying to beat them back. Finally, with everyone exhausted, cops and crowd, people moved back and went back outside, allowing the police to be able to come back outside from the doorway they were shoved into.

And then, you have the video of Ashli. They were inside the building. They were in some kind of hallway, and there was a door that led to another hallway, and the police had barricaded that door with furniture. The glass had been broken, this particular crowd had police behind them who were backing off, but there were also police down at the end of that hallway behind that door with the broken glass.

OBVIOUSLY, they did not want that crowd breaking through the door and going down that hallway. While the crowd was working on getting through the door, Ashli climbed through the right side broken window. It was tall enough for her to stand most of the way up, and when she did, one of the cops at the other side of that barricaded hallway, shot her.

Here is video of exactly what I'm talking about - no, you see nothing gruesome. You simply see what I just said, you see her start to climb through that broken window by the barricaded door, you hear a gun shot, you see her fall back, and then you hear some idiot claim it was "just a flash grenade". You do not see anything close up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ9o...ature=emb_logo

I saw the live stream as it happened. I am not trying to speak ill of anyone, but the reason I remember her is because it appeared as if the group had kind of lost some steam, were quieting down, and were going towards a door leading outside again, when she came into the frame, and she started yelling and getting people riled up again. I distinctly remember her - because my first thought was, "You should probably not be there right now" not because it was breaking some law, but because I thought, "no female should be in that particular mess right now" because it could easily get very dangerous very fast. My second thought was, "you got them worked up again when they had just calmed down". That's why I remember her, more than the fact that she was shot.

I saw the aftermath. For a few seconds, it appeared as if she was fine, and in fact, she said she was. But then you can tell, almost immediately after that, she's not fine, because as one who was there with her said, and as we saw, she started to move weirdly, and the blood started coming out of her nose in large quantity - and she then had that look - I'm sure many of you know "that look", and you know that they know that they aren't going to make it.

I don't begrudge any of them for protesting. I don't begrudge any of them going up to the fences that the cops put up. I don't begrudge any of them being loud. I understand.

I know they are mad, I know why they are mad, and I completely get it because I'm also mad that we have politicians who gleefully lie to our faces - to all of us, they lie to all of us, without even flinching they care so very little about any of us - they have sold this country for their own wealth - and why that doesn't p*$$ everyone off, I will never understand, because none of you are going to benefit from it. None of you.

So, I support all of that up to that point.

Once you start breaking doors down and smashing through windows and glass doors - and you're practically suffocating police as you pin them and squish them all together against a door, and they have no possible way of getting out of that small corner - to the point that one is yelling out in pain - no, I don't support that anymore.

We can fight. Let's do it. The time to be nice is over. The time to be peaceful is over. The time to talk is over. But our fight is with select people, and that's where it needs to stay. Not trampling police, not scaring the crap out of staffers - and not being so stupid about it.

They let their emotions take over - and that operating on pure emotion is usually what gets people in trouble.

Having said all of that, I will say that the double standards from the media and the lefties on here, is enough to make me puke. You people fool no one. You have no moral high ground. None of you said jack all about the riots and the violence and destruction that lasted for months on end this last year, but now you want to act like pearl clutchers, gasp at the "terrorism" (just shut up), from the "mob" of MAGA supporters, (I just love how only the American hating left can turn "Make America Great Again" into a slur - you people are such dimwitted losers, I don't even know how you find your way out of your house each morning. Truly, I don't get it, because you are that stupid).

Regardless of what happens, despite your TDS, what Trump did was wake a sleeping (and they were definitely asleep) giant who are finally able to clearly see that the left is not their friend or ally, that the politicians, none of them, are their allies, that the media, even their beloved trash Fox News, is not their ally - and they are also slowly learning how the left plays with words, terms, and phrases.

Which means, one way or the other, the left's days are numbered. It might take 2 years, 4 years, maybe even 8 years - but your days are numbered. Once people learn these things, they don't forget these things, and without your twisting of words, terms,and phrases, you have nothing. You literally have nothing.

OR, the Chinese will come in, and if you think MAGA and Trump were bad? I look forward to watching you suffer under communist Chinese leadership. Sure, we'll all suffer, but I will always find joy in watching you lefties suffer the most, because you idiots didn't see it coming.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:29 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
I chose "disgusted" but what I really feel is anger. This event is exactly why I wasn't celebrating when Biden's victory was declared. I knew Trump would never concede and go away quietly, and I'm not surprised these incredibly gullible people were so easily influenced by this sorry excuse for a human being. Today was an embarrassment for the U.S. on so many levels. I would hope that the powers that be somehow find a way to neutralize Trump and his vitriol for the next thirteen days, but I'm pretty cynical at this point. This man still has the nuclear codes. Let that sink in for a moment.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:31 PM

357 posts, read 222,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You are CELEARLY off your rocker if you think Trump didn't ask for violence. He did. The dog whistles were heard for months now. He set the stage up with all of the boiling frogs and creeping normality of the steal. Q-Anon, 4chan, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms kept pushing it. Trump pushed it. Donald J. Trump is a corrupt POS treasonous pig. Trump NEEDS to be removed from office and charged with Sedition and Treason and WHEN he is found guilty by a military tribunal, hung.

Why are you Paul Gosaring and starting the BLM/ANTIFA false equivalency? As bad as any "BLM/ANTIFA riot" got, this was worse. This was Bacon Rebellion/Whiskey Rebellion/Confederacy level insurrection. As bad as the "BLM/ANTIFA riotters" got, this was worse. The Republicans who do not condemn these acts like Paul Gosar, will NEVER get a vote from me. I'll write in Satan before voting those idiots. If I had the money to run against Gosar in 2022, I would.
Wow such vile hate and wished violence on a man who was voted in as President of the United States. Followed by some grandiose claims of supremacy that you have over one of the most powerful positions in the World!
Welcome to Fantasy Island ran by delusional democrat who doesn't learn from ones own mistakes ever. Noone graduates past 8th grade here- welcome!

Old 01-06-2021, 11:33 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
Wow such vile hate and wished violence on a man who was voted in as President of the United States. Followed by some grandiose claims of supremacy that you have over one of the most powerful positions in the World!
Welcome to Fantasy Island ran by delusional democrat who doesn't learn from ones own mistakes ever. Noone graduates past 8th grade here- welcome!
It's important to note that he was voted in, and subsequently voted out of office.

Old 01-06-2021, 11:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Put them in line with the BLM rioters.
That wouldn't be the same line...

Old 01-06-2021, 11:34 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Right. They get the same justice that the leftists got for burning and looting the cities and damaging the courthouses, federal buildings, and police stations.

Anyone heard of who got prosecuted for any of that, or do you liberals think what they did was okay? Antifa and BLM is still at it in Portland and that mayor sits there and does nothing, just like the rest of the liberals in charge.

You liberals look the other way your own is doing it, but if it's the other side all of the sudden you want justice. Hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies