Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 04:51 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I am first and foremost a capitalist, and a hater of the left wing, of collectivism, of progressivism, and our move toward becoming a crappy third world banana republic of a country.

Nonetheless, the events of today are intolerable, and Trump has become a powerlusting madman similar to those found in Central and South America. The thugs and brigands and beasts that rushed the Capitol today need to be rounded up, arrested, charged, and imprisoned if convicted.

The bottom line is I hate how this country voted, but the vote happened, and now we live according to it, whether we like it or not. We work to beat them next time and expose their tyranny as they exercise power under their leadership.

We do not act, or tolerate others who act, like the rioting thugs we saw a few months ago. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Trump has now turned literally and despicably evil and we have to be rid of him.

When I see what is going on, and Trump's tacit approval and support of it, and his attempt to strongarm his vice president, and subvert the will of the people using violence and techniques worthy of La Cosa Nostra, I say enough is enough.

Get him out, and I want to be done with this chapter in our history.
Re: underlined: You "hate how this country voted"? Although you state "Trump has become a powerlusting madman similar to those found in Central and South America"?

Would you have preferred the country voted for the "powerlusting madman"?

Old 01-07-2021, 05:01 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,544,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
If it makes you feel better go buy another Dont Tread On Me Flag to replace the one that says "F**K your feelings" - right now it's going to be tough for trumpers to realize that F your feelings flag is what the overwhelming majority of the US citizens feel towards their trumper domestic terrorist selves.
I find it interesting that when the right protests even if violent its called an insurrection. When the left protests with rioting looting and burning then its called democracy in action. The left calls for police reform but when they want protection then the more police the better. Hmmm.. 2 faced like usual.

Old 01-07-2021, 05:03 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Is this what he meant by "stand back, & stand by"?

Old 01-07-2021, 05:10 AM

316 posts, read 214,516 times
Without reading all these comments (because it would take too much time)isn't it odd the right called for peaceful protests during the George Floyd ordeal? yet here we are.

Old 01-07-2021, 05:14 AM

316 posts, read 214,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
^This right here is the problem. A segment of the population has been duped into believing the only source of information that tells the “truth,” is a lifelong, self-serving egomaniac. They will believe only what Trump tells them and are convinced that everyone else are liars and sheep. Thousands of them literally stormed the Capitol building yesterday to stop one of the cornerstones of the democratic process and they are the ones crying “coup!” Because Trump said it, it must be so... Unfortunately, as nutty (straight up bonkers) as it is, it needs to be addressed. Anyone thinking it’ll just stop on 1/20 is kidding themselves.
Everything is fraud with the right. If nine had a reason to make fraud charges it's Gore and Hillary. Abraham Lincoln said if it it's on the Internet errr Fox News it must be true

Last edited by roddma; 01-07-2021 at 05:26 AM..

Old 01-07-2021, 05:23 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times
I am torn between disgusted and gleeful. Obviously that scene was disgusting, but if this will get butt kissers like Lindsay Graham to finally divorce Trump and exposed him for what he has always been, well that's good for the country.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 01-07-2021 at 05:41 AM..

Old 01-07-2021, 05:26 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Funny thing is, it looks like literally nothing was broken, just papers strewn about. That’ll take about a cup of coffee to clean up, not including smoke break. There is no doubt in my mind that had this been leftists, the Capitol Building would have burned to the ground. Seriously, although this was reprehensible, it’s funny how respectful the rioters were to the paintings and statuary throughout the building.

Old 01-07-2021, 05:26 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz713 View Post
Yeah, now they're calling for taking out the Insane Orange Idiot via the 25th Amendment.

Too little. Too late.

The Insane Moron and his Sad Followers will be with us for a long time to come.
Kinda like the virus they both helped spread?

Old 01-07-2021, 05:30 AM

1,022 posts, read 739,317 times
and this thread is a perfect example of why covid cannot be gotten under control. Your side did this and it's good. My side did the same and it's bad. There is no unity in these united states.
It's more important for politicians to fight, argue, waste tax payers money about who gets to be president than to put all their seemingly anti-intelligence together and handle it.
The warning goes out about air transportation spreading a virus. (1.3 billion flew over the holidays). Just shut all airports down.
yeah, yeah, yeah, here comes the 'how can you do that' - 'we can't do that' - ' all the money that will be lost' blah, blah, blah.
Handle it, or get someone who can.
And it doesn't seem to be our current president or the president elect.

Old 01-07-2021, 05:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
What we saw yesterday was rather mild compared to what we have seen by democrats over the last few years !!! No buildings were set on fire, no one looting and running out the doors with TV's etc.....

Only one murder noted !!! Some cop shot indiscriminately into a crowd of unarmed civilians !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies