Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 09:46 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug1967 View Post
The people yesterday did not kill any cops, did not burn down business, did not steal TV’s from Best Buy. They even left and went home. What kind of peaceful protest was that? I remember the peaceful protests last year where cops were killed, women raped, buildings burned, business looted and cities occupied for months. The people yesterday were amateurs.
No one condones looting a Best Buy, or any business. But if you're gonna equate bum-rushing a Best Buy with taking over the Capitol of the United States.....!

Old 01-07-2021, 09:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
WOW, you seem to think that Trumpism is stronger than God! But, Ms. Babbitt was standing up against domestic enemies, so please understand that when you fix an election- after years of obummer type hate being hurled at decent hard working Americans, there will be anger. Hopefully, her murderer will be held accountable for his domestic crimes. She was an American standing up for other American's freedom and the right to have their votes actually counted instead of manipulated.
No.

She was following baseless conspiracy theories. Those people in Congress who were counting the electoral votes weren't domestic enemies. The election wasn't fixed. Obama was hated, but didn't hurl hate at decent hard-working Americans. She was an American standing up for delusion. The votes in the Presidential election (or the Senate run-off in Georgia) weren't manipulated. People's votes did count.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:54 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

And that is where we are today. Through a steady stream of thousands of lies by the president and right-wing fake-news networks and pundits, a sizable portion of the US believes the absurdity that the election was stolen from Trump and are willing to commit atrocities to "save the country", all over a lie.

This is how Hitler convinced Germany to exterminate 6 million Jews.

This is how Rwandan's were convinced to kill their own neighbors and friends who were of a different ethnicity.

And now we have Americans willing to place their lives on the line to rescue a nation from a phantom threat, a delusional tale created by a charismatic psychopath.

These are dangerous times for our country my friends. Dangerous times.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:55 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
All I can say is I'm embarrassed to be an American. We are the laughing stock of the planet

Old 01-07-2021, 09:56 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
I think you're responding to the wrong post. I didn't say the cops were "shooting them on sight" nor was I advocating it... I'm confused what your point is...???
I apologize for misreading your post.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:57 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,668,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
First off, I know I'm screaming into the wind, but there is no evidence. Your gut feeling and your hunch and some doctored (and debunked) videos do not evidence make. You follow the court system and you find your evidence and you PROVE it. No one has been able to do this.

That said, who was Ms. Babbitt "standing up against" as she rushed into the Capitol building? Congress? The 155 or so congress people and a VP who were ACTUALLY going to stand up and do her bidding by objecting and debating? What domestic enemy was she rushing into the building with several hundred other people there to do? This is NOT how you face or stand up to your domestic enemies unless they are coming at you physically. You view of patriotism and protection of the country is really anarchy.
Keep screaming in the wind, I'm sure pelosi/biden/harris/obummera and the rest will have a good laugh.

It is what happens when votes aren't counted/manipulated; people will stand up against those domestic terrorist who have infected our country through more than bullets and think America is theirs to sell out to any foreigner.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:58 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,935,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I apologize for misreading your post.
No problem

Old 01-07-2021, 10:02 AM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
Google it, there's info everywhere but basically: QAnon is the umbrella term for a bunch of conspiracy theories that allege that the world is run by Satan-worshiping pedophiles who are plotting against Trump while operating a global child sex-trafficking ring. They believe Trump was recruited by top military generals to run for president in 2016 in order to break up this criminal conspiracy, end its control of politics and the media, and bring its members to justice. In short, it's bats**t crazy, though I'm sure there are even people on this forum who believe this idiocy.

And the guy may be a tooth fairy supporter, we have no idea. But we do know he was a follower of QAnon. He may actually be the most well-known QAnon follower there is due to his distinct outfits, attendance at all sorts of rallies and protests, and his ability to get himself in front of a camera whenever he can.
Well, I don't need to be a "QAnon supporter" to believe the world is infected with evil ("Satan," if you will). That's just a matter of opening one's eyes.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:03 AM

2,948 posts, read 2,917,363 times
I would have never though that one day I would see scenes of banana republic in the US like many I've experienced in my country :P

Old 01-07-2021, 10:03 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

And now we have Americans willing to place their lives on the line to rescue a nation from a phantom threat, a delusional tale created by a charismatic psychopath.
This is the part that floors me: charisimatic.

I've always known that people are susceptible to the charisma and intelligence of some cult leaders. You can almost see how it happens where people fall under their spell. I never, ever thought that when this nation "fell" to some autocratic, anti-American force that was only interested in his/her own power it was going to be this Doofus. Good Lord. Really? There is zero charisma there. None. I believe this was an attraction to arrogance/bullying and the desire to be dominated while also hoping upon hope that they'd get to do some oppressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies