Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 10:28 AM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times

Advertisements

https://rumble.com/vci18x-capitol-po...-patriots.html

Here's these dangerous armed insurrectionists, asking the Capitol police to take selfies with them.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:31 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Yesterday was a nothingburger. A month from now it will be all but forgotten.
You are completely delusional if you believe this. What the world witnessed yesterday was the weakening of America. You can bet Americans with brains (MAGAs obviously excluded) were horrified at what they saw yesterday, and how easy it appears to be to take over a federal building. These are images that will not fade away.

The Trump spell was broken inside the Republican party yesterday. People will not forget, though I suspect every MAGA hopes they will.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:31 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,615,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Angry Americans! Cool!

Angry Americans? More like Terrorist Americans!! Americans don't storm our Capitol!! The very same building where brave Americans gave their lives to save that building on 911!! Shameful Americans!!

Old 01-07-2021, 10:33 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
https://rumble.com/vci18x-capitol-po...-patriots.html

Here's these dangerous armed insurrectionists, asking the Capitol police to take selfies with them.
Do you think any of the 60 Capitol police officers that were injured think it's cute that some of their fellow officers were palling around with these thugs?

Old 01-07-2021, 10:34 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't think so.

This is part of Trump's legacy, he brought us to this point.

It will not be forgotten. It was a truly sad and disappointing display.
It was certainly disgusting and completely counter-productive, but it absolutely pales in comparison to the rampant violence, theft, arson, murder, rape and treason committed by the foot soldiers of the Left throughout 2020.

It's nice to see so many who defended the BLM terrorists finally come to their senses and at long last condemn all political violence. Far too many who are calling for death sentences for treason now were only mildly annoyed when the Federal Courthouse in Portland was under siege and the CHAZ was declaring itself an independent nation/zone, outside United States jurisdiction. Sure would have been nice to hear you folks speak up a little louder back then. Kinda makes any and all outrage against the riots yesterday seem awfully fake and hypocritical.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:34 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Come on, it was a small mob, not representative of the vast majority. Get over it.
I thought you people were into bragging about Trump crowd sizes?

After Trump sent his audience down the street, did any refuse to go? More than 50 were arrested, so I am guessing that there were more than fifty attacking the capitol building.

So how many WERE present anyway? Give us a number.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:35 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
You know, this 'feelings' excuse really gets to me.

People "feel" that the election was rigged. They don't know it was rigged, they "feel" it was rigged.

Why? Why do they "feel" this?

Because they were lied to, that's why.

We are supposed to have sympathy with people who swallow blatant lies hook, line and sinker? They take to these fantastic conspiracy theories like addicts to heroin.

If they "feel their grievances were being completely ignored and that their voices were being repressed and silenced" as you say, they need to wake up and smell the coffee. They are only angry because they have been lied to by Trump and his collaborators, they never had ANY justification for what they did.

They can't blame the rest of us for their own self-induced willful ignorance. They can't blame the rest of us for their own fantasies.
We were all lied to and some of us just decided to do a little investigation. I don't like cheating either and I don't want to hear that so much fraud occurred that it changed votes. While I found it hard shocking to think it could happen, I actually looked at all the accusations, read the stories, watched the "hearings" etc, but I also read the counterpoint or "debunking" of everything. (Hey, it's a pandemic and I'm home bored). It's not hard to see how these things are disproven and realize the claims aren't right. I'm really struggling to understand how so many educated people can continue to fall for it. Yes, maybe you have a knee-jerk reaction to believe the worst initially, but the information is out there to show how it DIDN'T happen. This I cannot understand.

In that regard, I too, have no sympathy. I don't want to see anyone die but I'm so saddened by their embracement of conspiracies that I'm still trying to deal with the shock of it.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:38 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
I thought you people were into bragging about Trump crowd sizes?

After Trump sent his audience down the street, did any refuse to go? More than 50 were arrested, so I am guessing that there were more than fifty attacking the capitol building.

So how many WERE present anyway? Give us a number.
Well, I heard at some point this morning that the initial thoughts were that there were be 20,000 people; however, the end count ended up being about 40,000. My poor husband who left the White House at 2PM yesterday to come home from work got caught up in the throngs of wall to wall people on Constitution Ave (he'll probably have COVID by the end of the week). Based on what he saw while out there briefly and going near the Capitol and the sheer numbers I saw loitering on the steps, my guess would be that 2,000-3,000 were pushing into the Capitol for a few hours.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:44 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I haven't seen any links on that.
https://news.yahoo.com/woman-shot-du...235716296.html

Old 01-07-2021, 10:45 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,783,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I feel badly for the officer that was chased up the stairs. The whole world saw him running, and it was the smart move, but it's not the look an officer wants the world to see. How they could not have been prepared with more officers when we all saw this coming is insane.

Obviously they need to take a closer look at security at the capital building. Even if they were understaffed police wise, windows on ground floors should be bullet resistant, at critical hallway junctions, gates or barriers should be able to be quickly deployed to secure sections of the building and the floors above and clear rules need to be put into place, if intruders get to this point in the building, lethal force is automatically authorized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies