Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 11:38 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
30% of Biden voters feel his election is illegitimate.
That is a complete and utter lie. I am friends with hundreds of Biden supporters, and acquaintances with countless more. NONE of them think the election was stolen.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:40 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,931 times
The only way Trump should be able to avoid being removed is if he makes a public statement such as:

"This election is over. I concede. Biden won. There was no significant fraud."

But he won't. He keeps repeating that the election was stolen and he won by a landslide.

He should be removed.

Of course, Pence will be able to pardon him. But I don't really give a damn.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:48 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The only question is a very simple one.

Was there widespread election fraud as claimed? NO.

No proof whatsoever was presented. None.

The US Federal government agencies run by Trump appointees told us that.

The states themselves told us that.

The claimants, the ones making these fantastic charges showed nothing to the FBI, nor to any judge, anywhere.

It's all bogus. You've been hoaxed.
You've quite clearly fallen for the usual tricks of the insanely biased news media.

What does "widespread election fraud" actually mean?? Ten bogus votes? Twenty-five? One hundred? One thousand? One million? Ten million? One hundred million? One billion? Nobody knows!!

Tossing out something that is either poorly defined or not defined at all is propaganda 101. I can confidently call you an Alt-Right extremists anytime I want because it's a poorly defined nebulous term that has been applied to thousands people of every imaginable political position. "Widespread election fraud" is more of the same game. Since it doesn't mean anything specific, it can be applied to anything and everything.

There was fraud. There was questionable behavior. There was ballot harvesting. Mail-in ballots actually were illegally back-dated. There really were dead people voting. There was votes switching. Election laws and rules were broken and ignored. A significant number of votes were counted when the legally required poll watchers were not present. None of that is my opinion some whackadoo tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. It's established fact. These things actually happened. Your beloved Ministry of Truth knows this. They're just playing word games, getting you to dismiss it. They essentially admitted it by adding in the nebulous qualifier of "widespread." They know that the statement, "There was no election fraud" is a patently and provably false statement.

If any of the above happened even once, it should be addressed. I don't personally believe that there's enough out there to change it from a Biden victory to a Trump victory. That's irrelevant in my book. If even one dead person voted, it needs to be investigated and somebody should be going to prison for it. If just one nursing home staff member collected the ballot of one resident and fraudulently cast a vote in their name, it needs to be investigated and they should be on their way to jail. Anyone who tossed poll watchers out needs to be arrested and prosecuted.

Our election process has needed a good house cleaning for many decades now. I'm seeing a opportunity to get it done. What's the downside?

Old 01-07-2021, 11:50 AM

2,450 posts, read 972,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Is anyone even reporting on ANTIFA? It is just blowing air in this was totally owned by TRUMP and over zealous supporters he inspired to the degree the US Capitol was damaged and entered illegally. How can that be righteous?

No one is gleefully happy by these actions on the Capitol as Americans. What it did was make sure the taint on President Trump''s Legacy was sealed in infamy..... his actions and words incited it and it was all futile as the result had Trump concede.....
Of course not. I have read posts on Facebook that are claiming without proof that Trump stood at the Capitol yesterday raised his arm in a Nazi salute like Hitler and ordered the protestors to attack. It is unbelievable how dumb these 'educated" people are. It angers me that I know a few of them personally. But, when I look at them as people and know them as I do this type of denial mentality fits their personalities so I shouldn't be surprised.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You've quite clearly fallen for the usual tricks of the insanely biased news media.

What does "widespread election fraud" actually mean?? Ten bogus votes? Twenty-five? One hundred? One thousand? One million? Ten million? One hundred million? One billion? Nobody knows!!
Don't be disingenuous.

There was not enough to change the outcome.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:52 AM
bu2

24,080 posts, read 14,875,404 times
Quote:

Tossing out something that is either poorly defined or not defined at all is propaganda 101. I can confidently call you an Alt-Right extremists anytime I want because it's a poorly defined nebulous term that has been applied to thousands people of every imaginable political position. "Widespread election fraud" is more of the same game. Since it doesn't mean anything specific, it can be applied to anything and everything.

There was fraud. There was questionable behavior. There was ballot harvesting. Mail-in ballots actually were illegally back-dated. There really were dead people voting. There was votes switching. Election laws and rules were broken and ignored. A significant number of votes were counted when the legally required poll watchers were not present. None of that is my opinion some whackadoo tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. It's established fact. These things actually happened. Your beloved Ministry of Truth knows this. They're just playing word games, getting you to dismiss it. They essentially admitted it by adding in the nebulous qualifier of "widespread." They know that the statement, "There was no election fraud" is a patently and provably false statement.

If any of the above happened even once, it should be addressed. I don't personally believe that there's enough out there to change it from a Biden victory to a Trump victory. That's irrelevant in my book. If even one dead person voted, it needs to be investigated and somebody should be going to prison for it. If just one nursing home staff member collected the ballot of one resident and fraudulently cast a vote in their name, it needs to be investigated and they should be on their way to jail. Anyone who tossed poll watchers out needs to be arrested and prosecuted.

Our election process has needed a good house cleaning for many decades now. I'm seeing a opportunity to get it done. What's the downside?
I think it was Scalise who said 2000 was a wakeup call for Florida. This should be a wakeup call for the rest of the US.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:56 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,902,882 times
Quote:

1) Do you have any evidence? If you do, please send it to Trump. He'll give you a medal.

2) If there was fraud aimed at electing Democrats, why did they lose seats in the House and need a runoff (where they would presumable have to again fake an election) to just get 50 Senators? Why did a bunch of close races go to the GOP?

Old 01-07-2021, 12:02 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,863,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
All through 2020 the Dems normalized violent protesting. Radical democrats destroyed federal buildings and monuments,ents,, state buildings, took over and occupied whole areas of cities defying federal and state laws, killed and hospitalized police and innocent citizens, destroyed billions of dollars in businesses and personal property while the Dems and their media ignored it or called it all “mostly peaceful” protesters.
These anarchists were called heroes by many in the dem party and their media. We are now seeing a total disrespect for law and order.

By contrast, the republicans and their media have come out immediately to denounce this behavior by Trump supporters. If the Dems are now going to run this country, Americans better start demanding the Dems start cleaning up their own house and lack of accountability.
No, by contrast one group is passionate about racial injustice. The other group had a stated purpose or “passion” about disrupting the process of certification of the election results.

One group has a worldwide support and recognition, igniting people of all colors and backgrounds to join in on this purpose. While the other is disrupting a one time process, allowed to take taking selfies with cops, free to storm the capital due to their privilege. Ironic.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:03 PM

7,245 posts, read 7,072,982 times
heh
Attached Thumbnails
Storming of the Capitol -- January 6, 2021   MERGED-3652806788044148636_o.jpg  

Old 01-07-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
No, by contrast one group is passionate about racial injustice. The other group had a stated purpose or “passion” about disrupting the process of certification of the election results.

One group has a worldwide support and recognition, igniting people of all colors and backgrounds to join in on this purpose. While the other is disrupting a one time process, allowed to take taking selfies with cops, free to storm the capital due to their privilege. Ironic.
Excellent points, well articulated.

I would add that their stated "passion" is to disrupt the certification of the election that has been determined to be the most secure election in history, according to Chris Krebs, Director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security, a Republican appointed by Trump himself.

AND 60 cases brought forth to contest the election FAILED to change anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies