Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 11:25 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,225,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
“They’re not gonna stop. They’re not gonna stop. This is a movement. Everyone beware! They’re not gonna let up and they should not let up.”

President Trump?

Nope.

Kamala Harris earlier this year regarding BLM. Those “peaceful protests” caused $2B in damage.

Please spare us your hypocritical outrage.
Have you ever wonder why the right-wing didn't called for her removal from office? Under normal circumstance, it'd have been protocol.

The only reason the Republicans were silence is because the Trump administration were committing worse crimes than her.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:25 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,423,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
LOL. No, that is your rage and anger. Towards what, I don't know nor care.

People tends to project themselves onto others. I was merely asking a question.

The exclamation mark after the question as well as the separate period suggests rushed judgment.

Put things in perspective:

These people sacked offices used to fund private equity firms that increase the demand for child slave labor at Cobalt mines in the Congo.

Who is the real villain?

Old 01-08-2021, 11:27 AM

5,316 posts, read 3,201,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You're being unfair to sheep.
I don't get it. The more far-fetched and fantastical the stories get the more they believe them!

They literally think that people are going to watch the Mike Pence say he's going to be loyal to the constitution, the President and his son tell the sheep to march to the Capitol and show strength while Mike Pence is doing his job, pictures of known right wing nutjobs entering the Capitol...

But somehow this is all ANTIFA's doing.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:27 AM

26,561 posts, read 14,430,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
"....the protest staged by Trump supporters would have more in common with a 1950s fraternity panty raid than political riot."

please cite the panty raid where a police officer was killed and secret service were involved with in a stand-off with guns drawn.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:28 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,225,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Let it go. It's impossible to communicate with people who chose to keep their eyes, ears, and brains buried in mud.

The right-wing has gotten away with it for too long.

Letting this go will only embolden the criminals.

In fact, THIS happened because they thought they could get away with it.... again.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:32 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,063,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
BLM protestors didn't commit an insurrection against the government. Bit of a difference. Kamala also didn't say she loved them and call them patriots either.
Yes, they did. CHAZ was an overthrow of the government. Burning police buildings was an insurrection against the government. Kamala clearly made known she was on their side, as did many other government officials.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,855,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Call it as you will, but I believe those who voted for Bernie Sanders in the primaries, would think otherwise. I am sure I am not the only one who remembers this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEsb9MftJC8

In any event, if one has cheated, to convince others that they are not cheating now, it is not enough to say, "No, I am not," or to say, "Show me the evidence.". If one has cheated before, they really need to go out of their way to show, to demonstrate that they are not cheating.

But.....I suppose when one is holding all the cards, it is not necessary to have people believe in one, to trust one.
You realize that you cannot prove a negative. You can only prove affirmatives. That is logic 101.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:35 AM

29,423 posts, read 14,612,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
See, this is why the right-wing has so little credibility:

For years they say: Don't listen to his words, just watch his action.

Now:

They say: Don't watch his action, just listen to his words; and we should give him all the benefit of the doubt for the belligerent part of his speech.

Again, do you have any footage of him inciting the riot, or calling for people to storm the Capitol ?
I'm not defending what happened in any way, just keep hearing how he was the one that caused this. There were thousands of people there, of them what, 500 nutcases decided to do something extremely stupid. Come on, use some common sense, we all know you hate the guy but stating he started this is laughable at most and does nothing for your credibility.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:37 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,085,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
please cite the panty raid where a police officer was killed and secret service were involved with in a stand-off with guns drawn.
I was wondering when one of the Trumpies would say it was just a big panty raid.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:37 AM

7,502 posts, read 4,344,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Yes, they did. CHAZ was an overthrow of the government. Burning police buildings was an insurrection against the government. Kamala clearly made known she was on their side, as did many other government officials.
Amazing what short memories they have? Or just plain willful ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.