Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 10:59 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Great Post OP. Far too many have forgotten that what they once called social justice and rightful protest they are now calling domestic terrorism.

It seems like we can have 100 riots carried out by far Left groups but all it takes is one outburst by the far Right fringe to tip the scales. We can have Police ambushed and murdered, countless citizens brutalized for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and business owners watching their lifes work looted and burned and it is no big deal but one idiot in Charlotte in 2017 drives his car into a crowd and that is THE example of racist white supremacy and everything that is wrong in the USA?

Watching the mob storm the Capital building reminded me of so many riots where antifa and BLM attacked court houses and Police stations. The only difference being that one crowd waved the American flag while the other dragged it on the ground.

We are in big trouble. The Democrats have an agenda and they have the media to control the narrative.

This is not going to end well for America
I will bet you $100 that nothing much will be changed at all thru out the next 4 years!!

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
My town was burned and looted by BLM in june my church members were threatened when they tried to do clean up
Where was your moral outrage?

2,634 posts, read 2,677,060 times
Rioting used to be a sign of a vibrant democracy and "the voice of the unheard" up until January 6th. The numerous deaths, violence, and destruction we were assured was just a small percentage and there is insurance to pay for property damage. This all held true until January 6th.

Once you say riots are an acceptable form of expression, then you can't turn around and say its wrong when someone you don't like does it. Luckily all mainstream Republicans are denouncing rioting no matter who does it and believe rioters should be hunted down and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I have yet to see bail funds set up for the Capitol rioters. I have yet to see anyone denouncing the tear gas used on the Capitol protestors or the fact that the National Guard was called in. There are no outcries about using our military on January 6th to put down rioting. Our response to rioting should be the same no matter who does it.

"Save America" has been deemed as inciting violence while the quotes below somehow are deemed ok? After multiple incidents of violence, murder, and rampant destruction broke out, starting back under the Obama administration, Dems continued to support these "protests". Imagine the outrage if Republicans used the rhetoric of violence as Dems do on a regular basis.

"You know, there needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there’s unrest in our lives." --Ayanna Pressley

"everyone beware, because they’re not going to stop. . .and everyone should take note of that, on both levels, that they’re not going to let up, and they should not, and we should not." -- Harris

"You think we’re rallying now? You ain’t seen nothing yet. . .Already you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of restaurants. . .protesters taking up at their house saying ‘no peace, no sleep'. . .If you see anybody from that Cabinet...you get out and create a crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere." --Waters

"I just don't even know why there aren't uprisings all over the country. And maybe there will be..." --Pelosi

Old 01-11-2021, 11:03 AM

45,354 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I will bet you $100 that nothing much will be changed at all thru out the next 4 years!!
The first thing you'll see is $4 gas followed by a recession.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:04 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
And I hope you are right. Things were great for my wife and I and pretty much everyone we know. Financially, career, etc. Our friends that own businesses did prospered. It was all good. I'd love to see another 4 or 8 years of it of that same prosperity.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:08 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
So.....let's apply the transitive property here/ You're either saying all those examples were okay because you're condoning the events of Wednesday OR you're saying the events of last Wednesday are equally as bad as the events you listed.

You're either condemning them all or condoning them all. THAT'S the flaw in whataboutism. Which is it?
I'm happy to condemn all of it. Are you?

The Left is currently running around shrieking, "The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!!" after the DC riot, but they actively excused and even encouraged hundreds riots over the past decade and more. The Left just got to look at itself in the mirror and didn't like it.

We don't need to imagine what the Left-biased media would be saying right now if these rioters were on their side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mzp...ist=WL&index=1

Old 01-11-2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLamb0518 View Post
So.....let's apply the transitive property here/ You're either saying all those examples were okay because you're condoning the events of Wednesday OR you're saying the events of last Wednesday are equally as bad as the events you listed.

You're either condemning them all or condoning them all. THAT'S the flaw in whataboutism. Which is it?
All the Republican politicians I have seen have condemned them all, including any protests that lead to violence. Show me a Republican politician that supports more protests at the Capitol over election fraud.

Dems exposed themselves recently. Whataboutism would be if there was something unrelated, not that on January 5th Dems loves riots and called them a sign of a healthy democracy and saying this is how democracy works, and then on January 6th they flip the script. That's utter hypocrisy, not whataboutism, where I would point out something unrelated to the Dems massive support of protests that lead to violence.

Riots are wrong and bad. Tear gas and the National Guard are legitimate ways to help contain widespread violence and destruction. We all condemn Jan 6th, if you don't think so, point to some Republican politicians supporting the protests on Jan. 6th after they turned violent.

Dems will continue to support their own "peaceful" protests even as they continually lead to violence. Dems cry "whataboutism" because they've been caught in an embarrassing hypocrisy that the entire American public can see. Dems know summer will come and more violent protests will ensue that they must justify and defend so they can stay on the Woke train. They'd rather not have to deal with the fact that they are complete hypocrites.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:19 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
This is a fun parody summary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH9X...re=emb_rel_end

Old 01-11-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm happy to condemn all of it. Are you?

The Left is currently running around shrieking, "The Sky is Falling!! The Sky is Falling!!" after the DC riot, but they actively excused and even encouraged hundreds riots over the past decade and more. The Left just got to look at itself in the mirror and didn't like it.

We don't need to imagine what the Left-biased media would be saying right now if these rioters were on their side:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mzp...ist=WL&index=1
Ha, that's brilliant. No doubt, the Capitol would be an autonomous zone by now. What happened when riots were happening and reporters were saying "this is democracy" and "this is what democracy looks like"?

I'm no fan of the Jan. 6th riots, but it'd be nice if we were all on board that riots are wrong. I guess Dems never imagined it wouldn't be their people rioting.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:20 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Do you have some insider intelligence to know this as fact?
See today’s lead AP story. It was planned and talked about extensively on the internet. Do you think DJT would have given a pep talk beforehand to BLM members? Look at the banners the rioters were carrying!

Look at the unmasked faces of the rioters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies