Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 11:34 AM

5,294 posts, read 3,171,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Great Post OP. Far too many have forgotten that what they once called social justice and rightful protest they are now calling domestic terrorism.
Dude, you couldn't even remember Obama at Trump's inauguration.

Nobody needs to take history lessons from you.

And back to the OP...

Remember when all of those other locations were as important the US Capitol, where #2, 3, and 4 were physically located (while #1 was not in the White House)? Me neither.

10,077 posts, read 6,372,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
so what if they would have heard it..it would still have been the same outcome..
True. And when that occurred, the same outcome would have occurred with the "protests", i.e., insurrection at the Capitol. because Trump and his acolytes simply didn't want to be told "NO".

15,936 posts, read 12,236,371 times
Nice post. Treating conservatives like second class citizens by this increasingly one-sided reporting is going to end up backfiring and causing major problems down the road it's like our leaders insult our intelligence and think we're too stupid to notice what they're doing.

I don't condone what happened but it would be nice if we didn't have one sided reporting within the media that I was gives progressive protests a free pass.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:38 AM

20,794 posts, read 9,435,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
I sincerely suspect had the Supreme Court did its job, and hear the Texas case and ruled upon its particulars, the vast majority of Trump’s 75 million voters would have accepted the court’s ruling and moved on.
That is where you are wrong. Absolutely nothing that did not overturn Biden's victory would have satisfied the majority of the Trump supporters. Had the Supreme Court heard the Texas complaint but then ruled against it (as 2 of its justices implied), that majority of Trump supporters would then just have considered the Supreme Court as evil as they do now.

The majority of Trump supporters simply cannot be satisfied at anything that does not reinstate Trump and give him a 2nd term. Biden could have gotten more than 400 electoral votes and more than a 10% margin in the popular vote, and all those Trump supporters would have done is expand the scope of their conspiracy theory and screamed "Fraud! Fraud!" anyway.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:39 AM

254 posts, read 112,325 times
I mean its hella true. To be white in america is to be privileged. We live in two different americas. One for minorities and one for white Americans. It was displayed on Tuesday in full throttle. 98 percent of the participants were far right wing white men and women. We know throughout history white americans have been doing mob attacks for 100 hundreds of years not only on its citizens but on state governments also

If democracy falls it wont be because of minorities in this country.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,526,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Dude, you couldn't even remember Obama at Trump's inauguration.

Nobody needs to take history lessons from you.

Lol, right? Zero credibility

Old 01-11-2021, 11:40 AM

726 posts, read 327,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Remember in 2011... Remember in 2016...
Were you able to criticize what happened back then? Were you and others able to turn that criticism into anything productive? Then why are you trying to deflect any criticism about what happened this week? And besides, NONE of the past actions you mention were intended or came close to murdering United States Senators and Representatives like the overtaking of the United States Capitol did this past week. And it is beyond reprehensible that you continue to be an apologist for that insurrection.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp102 View Post
Did Nancy not notice they were black people too. She needs to stop this foolish rhetoric. If we keep it up we will split our country and we will never be able to repair it. Our economy will suffer badly make no mistake. We will open ourselves up to a war whether civil or from another country.

So let’s stop with this crap..let’s move forward and do our best to stop fighting with each other, stop calling names. Let’s fix our country..before it’s too late.
98 percent of those people were white. Every minority groups have a few lost souls but majority of those folks were white. They are always white when it comes to domestic terrorism . Shooting up churches theaters schools and the list goes on.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I totally agree. Let's compare;

BLM and Antifa KILLED lots of people. How many people did the protestors kill on Monday? NONE!

BLM and Antifa ruined the livelihood of hundreds of small business owners. How many businesses did the protestors burn down Monday? None!

BLM and Antifa assaulted hundreds of innocent people for months. Many of them while they were just sitting at a restaurant. How many restaurant patrons did the protestors assault on Monday? None!

BLM and Antifa burned dozens of churches. How many churches were burned on Monday? None!

What rock are you living under lol. This is a false equivalency

Old 01-11-2021, 12:17 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,747,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatz713 View Post
Won't be long now, the Great Instigator will be an inconsequential zero.

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
I wish I believed that. I think Biden will become president, but he won't be inconsequential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.