Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 01:23 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,979,166 times

Advertisements

Anyway - how abut blaming the rioters? Too easy?

Old 01-11-2021, 01:23 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Even if we were to entertain the pie-in-the-sky idea that the SC would go "Sure, we'll let one state meddle in Constitutionally secured affairs of another state, what could go wrong?", the only effect of finding Act 77 somehow incorrect would be a strict finger-wagging at Pennsylvania and an admonishment to fix the issue for the next election.

But that's not what the Trumpenproletariat was looking for. They wanted specific votes thrown out. Votes that Pennsylvania voters had cast in good faith.

In fact, see only one set of people wanting to disenfranchise anyone here. And they're not in Pennsylvania.

As it happens, the Supreme Court is a bit of a higher authority than random message board posters. It's also noteworthy that the Texas Solicitor General - who's the official normally arguing for Texas in the Supreme Court - didn't want to touch this nonsense, at all. He probably went to law school.
Yup, you can't just take away votes from people who were doing it properly through the channels available at the time. Not only that, the sheer scale of how many they wanted thrown out because of it was astounding, as several judges noted. They were trying to get all mail in votes thrown out as a result. Millions of them.

I liked Legal Eagle's explanation of the situation.
https://youtu.be/l6MyImeCKlk

Old 01-11-2021, 01:26 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Stop with the hyperbole. It's complete and total BS. While what those specific individuals did, was of the utmost stupidity, and destroyed the party they supposedly represented, it was nothing more than some opportunists that were unhinged. Like many of the same type of people we've seen rioting since Inauguration day 2017. The individuals that were violent or destructive should be arrested, without a doubt. Outside of that, the thousands of other people that were there peacefully protested, rallied, whatever.

Now if the 20k armed individuals that peacefully protested in VA, decided to storm the Capitol, and started dragging politicians out or shooting them, I'd agree with you. That is not what happened. Save your faux outrage, it makes you look silly.
From the most prominent figure associated with Trump's insurrection

https://imgur.com/gallery/99qn9ef

You're saying that's a hoax? That the people coordinating on Parler weren't aware of this? That this isn't the message that had been spreading?

Old 01-11-2021, 01:38 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
From the most prominent figure associated with Trump's insurrection

https://imgur.com/gallery/99qn9ef

You're saying that's a hoax? That the people coordinating on Parler weren't aware of this? That this isn't the message that had been spreading?
Hoax ? What are you even talking about ? If this screen shot was even remotely credible, why isn't Lin Wood in Federal custody ? You really expect me to believe that the demographic that uses social media the least is on some social media platform planning the "insurrection (Lol) and what happened that day was the result ? Thanks for the laugh of the day.

People that think like you, are no different than right wing conspiracy people. The horseshoe theory really is true. I wish we could get all the far left, and far right extremists together in one place and let you guys figure things out on your own. That would be pretty entertaining to watch.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:39 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
BLM never rioted, Trump supporters came in and rioted to make people think it was BLM. Do your research!

Old 01-11-2021, 01:44 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times
Quote:
Hoax ? What are you even talking about ? If this screen shot was even remotely credible, why isn't Lin Wood in Federal custody ? You really expect me to believe that the demographic that uses social media the least is on some social media platform planning the "insurrection (Lol) and what happened that day was the result ? Thanks for the laugh of the day.

People that think like you, are no different than right wing conspiracy people. The horseshoe theory really is true. I wish we could get all the far left, and far right extremists together in one place and let you guys figure things out on your own. That would be pretty entertaining to watch.
Uh huh... https://www.mediaite.com/news/pro-tr...d-from-parler/

Quote:
Following publication, Parler CEO John Matze told Mediaite they had taken action against some of Wood’s “parleys,” including the message about the “firing squads.”

“Yes, some of his parleys that violated our rules were taken down,” Matze told Mediaite. “Including the ones you are talking about.”
Unlike Trump's morons, I know how to fact check something before I post it.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:50 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,954,202 times
If anybody wonders at the unhinged overreaction by the lib pols and their PR firm (AKA the media) it is obviously to gin up support for a whole host of wacky ideas such as twitter bans, impeachment, etc.

The more wild the exaggerations the more chance (in their calculations) of the dingbat dreams coming to fruition.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:54 PM

5,336 posts, read 3,210,678 times
Quote:
It's okay when they do it.
So...knocking on doors is on the same level as what MAGA did on 1/6/2021?

How do you even handle Halloween with all those kids rioting at your door?

Old 01-11-2021, 01:56 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier de Saint-George View Post
Lawrence: "We Learned Nothing New About Donald Trump This Week."

Wow, there's an element in the Cult of Trump that say things like this "6MWE." I take it that dude was a Proud Boys member. Actually, I'm not surprised.
Some of them were wearing 6MWE T-shirts in the mob the other day. Wonder how Trump's Jewish friends in the NYC RE industry feel about that.

Old 01-11-2021, 01:57 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,639,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Uh huh... https://www.mediaite.com/news/pro-tr...d-from-parler/

Unlike Trump's morons, I know how to fact check something before I post it.
Again, if this is true, why hasn't he been arrested ? If this was truly said by him, he should be, without a doubt. Again, if said, this is the actions of a single unhinged individual. Granted , more unhinged will follow him, that is the dangers of social media. The average person, though, will just look at this stupidity, shake their head and move forward with their day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies