Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2021, 06:33 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've read that events are planned around the country.
I was reading this a minute ago. Lots of online chatter about it. There was a mention of burning D.C to the ground. What dark days we are in.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:37 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Trump's polling is about to go under 33% approve. Goes under 30% and the politicians burn the bridge behind them

Old 01-11-2021, 06:39 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
So are the savages that looted, burned down buildings, raped and murdered during the peaceful protests, ...
no argument here.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:44 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/tech...ll/ar-BB1cEvft

OK, if this is real you have to wonder how far Trump supporters can be taken. Just how many will have their personal Info get to MPD.
Hoooo boy!

"Moreover, Parler encourages users to hand over more identifying information than Facebook or Twitter."

If these folks are smart (I know, I know, but work with me here), they'll never go back to Parler when it does manage to get itself back on line.

Sounds to me like Parler has always been a "deeeeeep state" plot to get these folks to part with their precious bodily essences. Or at least their identities.

"Sure come on over here to plot your next riot! We'd just love to offer you the safe space you need to organize your own unique mayhem!"

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-11-2021 at 06:52 PM..

Old 01-11-2021, 06:44 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
Nah but you can bet it will be a rough four years going forward - and you can thank the media mostly and democrats for the problems that are going to arise. Way to go Biden for bringing us all together !!!
So your blaming Biden for problems and he’s not EVEN president yet??? Umm okay.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:02 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How about this... everyone who is found to have been in the Capitol building has their social media cross-referenced. If they make any mention that alludes to replacing tyranny or charging traitors or 2A remedies or anything along those lines, then they get the insurrection label and all that comes with it. If they didn't, then they can just be charged with trespassing and probably walk off with a warning. Sound fair?
Sure, same goes with all the people that rioted since Inauguration day 2017. Any collaboration between individuals via social media and they get labeled domestic terrorists. Sound fair ? Although it will be tough catching them since woke politicians dropped charges, groups like ActBlue bailed them out, and several celebrities did as well.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:25 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchz View Post
You are right BUT the people who voted him in wont be.
Going by the behavior of Trump's "supporters" last Wednesday's, a good many of them will be going as well.

Going to jail, then to prison, that is, thanks to their utter disrespect for our Capitol and assault upon it, police officers, and loudly shouted threats to "Hang Pence!" as they barged their way into the Rotunda, breaking doors, windows, and no doubt various bones of hapless others swept helplessly into the swarm of rioters.

They killed a police officer, injured at least 60 others, did severe damage to the Capitol, and were about as Un-American a mob as most ever witnessed outside of warfare.

Thankfully the whole wretched mess was filmed and photographed, and that record is greatly assisting the FBI at present as they round up these criminal thugs and willful ignoramuses.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I was reading this a minute ago. Lots of online chatter about it. There was a mention of burning D.C to the ground. What dark days we are in.
Around 100 "militiamen", mostly tubby, all armed and clad in camouflage, rallied on the grounds of Kentucky's state Capitol building in Frankfort this past weekend. Some had their young children with them. They didn't attempt to enter the Capitol, but promised they'd be back soon.

One, interviewed on local TV, said they didn't believe in violence but were protesting the election and protecting the 2nd Amendment. They also marched around the Capitol building to "honor" the woman who got herself shot and killed when she tried to break into the Senate chamber.

Unlike that event at Jericho, the state capitol's walls didn't come a-tumblin' down following their "march", thankfully. Our savvy Democratic governor is well-aware of this bunch and other similar but more rowdy groups. I am sure the Kentucky National Guard has been placed on alert, along with state police, and I am sure our governor's young family will be moved well away (the Governor's Mansion is very close to the capitol building) for whatever the duration turns out to be.

Nonetheless, I don't think I'll be heading over to Frankfort this week or next.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/tech...ll/ar-BB1cEvft

OK, if this is real you have to wonder how far Trump supporters can be taken. Just how many will have their personal Info get to MPD.
I heard a similar report on NPR this morning. Just another illustration of the extreme gullibility of many of Trump's "supporters". Their vulnerability and resulting sense of being left out of most of life's rewards helps explain why the Trump cult is so readily attractive to them, as both Trump himself and the feeling of being strengthened and supported by belonging to what they perceive as a powerful like-minded, patriotic (!) group play to their resentment and take advantage of their gullibility (and it must be said, their general lack of intellectual savvy).

Old 01-11-2021, 07:50 PM

15,433 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
See: How the Supreme Court Caused the Riot at the Capitol

"The question was not how Pennsylvania conducted “its” election, as the Court wrongly characterized the issue. The allegations went to the constitutional legitimacy of election procedures in a presidential election in which voters in both Texas and Pennsylvania participated. If one state may illegally manipulate votes in a presidential election, the influence of all the other states that do play by the rules is undermined. The Court was essentially saying that one team has no interest in whether the other team is cheating."

JWK

When our federal judicial system ignores our written Constitution and assents to legislative acts contrary to our supreme law of the land, it not only opens the door to anarchy, but participates in such treachery.
You keep missing the point that Pennsylvania voting was thoroughly litigated in Pennsylvania, where the courts are responsible for interpreting the laws passed by the Pennsylvania legislature, and no issues were found. If there were any issues to be found in Pennsylvania, the courts there were the proper venue, not the Supreme Court.

Men Paxton and Ted Cruz are two Texas politicians I wish we could run out of office. Paxton has been under indictment for something like 5 years, and keeps using his influence to delay proceedings. I am very hopeful that the current FBI investigation into his corruption results in Federal charges and a lengthy Federal prison sentence. Ted Cruz, who apparently bribed someone to get a Harvard law degree, since he is far too stupid to have earned one, needs to just fade away. He is one of the least like Congress critters in DC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies