Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 12:10 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
House Democrats Briefed On 3 Terrifying Plots To Overthrow Government

Capitol Police briefed Democrats on Monday night about three more potentially gruesome demonstrations planned in the coming days, with one plot to encircle the U.S. Capitol and assassinate Democrats and some Republicans. [...]

And another demonstration, which three members said was by far the most concerning plot, would involve insurrectionists forming a perimeter around the Capitol, the White House and the Supreme Court, and then blocking Democrats from entering the Capitol ― perhaps even killing them ― so that Republicans could take control of the government.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/democ...b691806c4bf199

Time was when I would discount this as a conspiracy theory, but not any longer. The far-right MAGAs have proven they are capable of attempting this. Shoot to kill anyone who tries.
There were even more gruesome plots posted on thankfully now gone Parler following last Wednesday, in which brutally torturing and killing the families of Democrats was proposed, in very graphic and detailed terms which I won't reiterate here. The FBI was notified and I hope they locate the idiot making these threats, which were reprinted (with trigger warnings) and discussed on Twitter last evening by reliable news sources and commentators.

My guess is he's a mouth-breathing, bearded, tubby incel living in Mommy's basement, guzzling beer and chowing down on Fritos (no insult intended to either snack) while posting his grotesquely violent fantasies of torturing and killing anyone he blames for his pathetic state. Let's just hope he's not a gun collector, but it would fit right into the all-too-accurate stereotype.

And these sociopaths call themselves "Patriots".

Old 01-12-2021, 12:34 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
That article was a complete joke! But what should I have expected from welovetrump.com lol
Just a bunch of conspiracy theories, misdirection and 'maybes'. Yawn...would think this crowd that is so big on personal responsibility would pull up their big boy pants, but nope.
Great unbiased source

Old 01-12-2021, 01:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
FBI and DOJ to have a joint press conference in a few minutes.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:33 PM

FBI spokesperson said that they have "opened over 160 case files and that is just the tip of the iceberg."

"Even if you left DC agents will be knocking at your door if you were involved in the riots"

Acting US attorney DC Sherwin expects hundreds of criminal cases. Already have charged over 70 cases. Many cases were opened on misdemeanor charges but expect to add felony charges for some of those. Looking at significant felony cases regarding sedition and conspiracy.

"regardless of if it was just a trespass in the capitol or someone planted a pipe bomb you will be charged and you will be found"

Old 01-12-2021, 01:35 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
FBI spokesperson said that they have "opened over 160 case files and that is just the tip of the iceberg."

"Even if you left DC agents will be knocking at your door if you were involved in the riots"

Acting US attorney DC Sherwin expects hundreds of criminal cases. Already have charged over 70 cases. Many cases were opened on misdemeanor charges but expect to add felony charges for some of those. Looking at significant felony cases regarding sedition and conspiracy.

"regardless of if it was just a trespass in the capitol or someone planted a pipe bomb you will be charged and you will be found"
I hope they track down each and every one of these perps. It's a shame they won't do anything about the ringleader himself though.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:36 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
They are speaking about how serious this insurrection was and the multitude of crimes committed by the Trump supporters. They claim the public will be shocked when the details emerge over the coming days and weeks. Also vowing to hunt down all the traitors who ransacked the capitol and assaulted police. $50,000 reward for identity of the Trump supporters who left pipe bombs.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:37 PM

These two guys look like they could be brothers.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:08 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
I watched it. I wonder why Christopher Wray, head of the FBI, wasn't there.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:22 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
The worst pic i've seen was the policeman in the Capitol getting crushed and him hollering HELP! and blood was coming out of his mouth that was disturbing and looked like a scene from a horror movie. I hope he is ok. Does anyone know?

Old 01-12-2021, 02:25 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I watched it. I wonder why Christopher Wray, head of the FBI, wasn't there.
Or the acting AG, whoever that might be, but presumably someone who can step up to a microphone and answer a few questions.

It's been a week and this is the first official press conference I'm aware of and I don't even recognize the two guys.

Though I will say seemed to answer the questions with authority and sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies