Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 07:52 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Is it even possible? Look at those who still believe the Civil War was some noble endeavor instead of treason.
Just imagine the 'storming the Capitol monuments' that will be erected to honor those 'rebels'.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:12 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Just imagine the 'storming the Capitol monuments' that will be erected to honor those 'rebels'.
Wonder who will end up memoralized as noble heroes.

Man wearing his work I.D. badge on a lanyard who was promptly identified and fired by his call center employer for calling in sick on Jan. 6?

Man with the Nazi tattoos and the coyote pelt helmet who lives with mother?

Men with the zip cuffs?

Likely the woman who was shot trying to break into the House chambers to overturn the election will be honored in some way.

What about those who beat on police officers with wood poles, iron pipes, and fire extinguishers? How about the ones who seemed to know where the actual offices were rather than the ceremonial ones and stole documents, laptops, etc.? Do they get honorable mentions?

Old 01-14-2021, 08:25 AM

726 posts, read 328,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
....Imagine this...You a Biden supporter wake up the day after the election after Trump is declared the winner in a very close race. Biden calls a press conference and says.... the election was stolen, I have proof and soon you will see I tell the truth....

.... Now if I heard that from Biden and believed it really was, that the Trumpers actually fixed the machines, I guess I would march too but here is that 2 realities we live in.
You forgot a very important step, Zero. He claimed he had proof, but let's see it. Where's the proof? Reasonable people don't just accept somebody's claim without any evidence to back it up (especially a claim from Trump, for heaven's sake! He's a pathological liar!). And the more outlandish a claim, the more robust the evidence should be. There's not two realities, Zero. There's one reality, then there's a lot of people who have been duped.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:26 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wonder who will end up memoralized as noble heroes.

Man wearing his work I.D. badge on a lanyard who was promptly identified and fired by his call center employer for calling in sick on Jan. 6?

Man with the Nazi tattoos and the coyote pelt helmet who lives with mother?

Men with the zip cuffs?

Likely the woman who was shot trying to break into the House chambers to overturn the election will be honored in some way.

What about those who beat on police officers with wood poles, iron pipes, and fire extinguishers? How about the ones who seemed to know where the actual offices were rather than the ceremonial ones and stole documents, laptops, etc.? Do they get honorable mentions?
My vote is for the cretin who threatened and chased the Capitol police officer who bravely and cleverly lured the terrorists away from the Senate Chamber possibly saving many lives.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
My vote is for the cretin who threatened and chased the Capitol police officer who bravely and cleverly lured the terrorists away from the Senate Chamber possibly saving many lives.
How about a 'Silent Sam' sortof monument? For all of the Congress folks who remained sycophantically silent for 4 years?

How about those 'patriots' who protested having metal detectors installed, while demanding to bring their guns to the Capitol the day or days after the riots? (<- what to name? )

Old 01-14-2021, 08:53 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Default Feds Charge 2 Trump-Loving Cops

Thomas Robertson and Jacob Fracker, two members of the Rocky Mount Police Department in Virginia, took a selfie in front of a statue of John Stark, a general in the Continental Army during the American Revolution.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/polic...211746274.html

Old 01-14-2021, 09:08 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
How about a 'Silent Sam' sortof monument? For all of the Congress folks who remained sycophantically silent for 4 years?

How about those 'patriots' who protested having metal detectors installed, while demanding to bring their guns to the Capitol the day or days after the riots? (<- what to name? )
Also there is a story in today's Washington Post that some Republican members of Congress may have actively assisted the terrorists by providing logistical help and reconnaissance info. This would be a massive scandal and would probably result in lengthy prison sentences. Stay tuned.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:15 AM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Also there is a story in today's Washington Post that some Republican members of Congress may have actively assisted the terrorists by providing logistical help and reconnaissance info.
yep. the groups were reported to the sergeant-at-arms the day before the riots so it's obviously not a fabricated claim.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:16 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:

ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

I mean, you sounded like the peaceful one, do you have idea what you are asking for?????

AHEM! A "Silent SAM" is a designation for a Surface to Air Missile asset, such as a missile cruiser, to be radio silent until called into action and then, WATCH OUT!

Old 01-14-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
ARE YOU SERIOUS???????

I mean, you sounded like the peaceful one, do you have idea what you are asking for?????

AHEM! A "Silent SAM" is a designation for a Surface to Air Missile asset, such as a missile cruiser, to be radio silent until called into action and then, WATCH OUT!
Yeah right whatever edgy rebel

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Sam

It's worth noting there's a Guns & Hunting sub forum under the Hobbies & Recreation forum right here on C-D.

Last edited by ChiGeekGuest; 01-14-2021 at 09:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies