Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 05:16 PM

6,107 posts, read 4,601,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoilers4me View Post
Well, well, well. Now the capitol, a symbol of systemic racism, full of old white racists, has become a sacred building and the people in it should be valued more than the average citizen? The irony in all this is rich.

Let the people protest, right?

Why is a politician's safety more important than a bystander on the street in Portland, Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, Seattle?

I won't take any of this seriously until I see people in the streets carrying pikes.
I think you're making incorrect assumptions that people who are condemning the looting, rioting and insurrection coup happening today haven't also been condemning the looting and rioting that has occurred elsewhere, or that they're not able to distinguish between peaceful and lawful protesting from looting, rioting, and insurrection coups.

The several people I've spoken to today about this, which includes conservatives, independents and liberals, know the difference and know which one to condemn regardless of the apparent political motives.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:16 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
There was NOTHING patriotic about the imbeciles who stormed the Capitol.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:17 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I'm taking about those literally breaking into the Capitol itself, with the photos of Congressional representatives and senators shielding themselves on the floor as security with guns drawn defend the broken windows in the entranceway.

Have you not seen these?
Where have you been? Facts don't matter anymore, the news media and politicians can create whatever fiction they want. If the news says what's going on is mostly peaceful, you better start repeating it, or social media might block you.

2,634 posts, read 2,675,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oping00 View Post
Most did not come from that as many were wearing masks.
What percentage of people in BLM protests were wearing masks?

8,886 posts, read 4,571,779 times
Relax folks, it's all just part of the Winter of Love in D.C.

8,494 posts, read 3,334,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, many of the very states who decided this election in the wee hours of the morning, violated the US Constitution and their own state election laws. So let's not claim these people breaching the walls in DC are the only ones to cast blame on.
The last time you were talking about this was to maintain that the Proud Boys would only attack the Antifa, with all violence but self-defense. This time they went after the Capitol itself. After, of course, more harassment of citizens on the street.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Where have you been? Facts don't matter anymore, the news media and politicians can create whatever fiction they want. If the news says what's going on is mostly peaceful, you better start repeating it, or social media might block you.
So the photos of Congressional representatives on the floor are only fake???

Old 01-06-2021, 05:18 PM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,098 times
A small scuffle? A woman died from a gunshot! Windows were broken. People had to evacuate.

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
and now the woman that was shot has died..if Trump has no problem living with that, he has no soul..
He doesn't care about the 350 plus thousand who have died of Covid. Why should he care about one woman?

5,051 posts, read 3,576,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I expected it. 4 years of political abuse by the left, the media, the FBI, the Rinos, the Establishment Republicans that put party over what is right. the greedy ones like Biden Pelosi , McConnell who line their pockets with Communist Chinese dollars, the CIA, Brennan , Clapper Comey and their witch hunt turned against Trump. The abuse by Biden calling Trump supporters Chumps, calling the military, dumb bastards . Left always getting a pass for their corruption. Putting Trump supporters in jail starting with Dinesh D'Sousa for making a movie about Obama. We are fed up with it

They already murdered one woman who was a Trump supporter. How many Antifa or BLM were murdered? They beat the police to a pulp and stood down. Yet Trump supporters are shot. Code Pink would invade the chambers to protest. No one killed there. They were lefties.. double standard . We get it and we will not forget the abuse of our own government.

So it's self defense if Kyle Rittenhouse defends himself from "Protesters";

it's self defense if the police shoot a black man who doesn't follow orders;

it's self defense if you shoot someone breaking into your home

BUT it's murder if it's a Trump Supporter breaking into the Capitol building housing the entire congressional delegation.

Okay I guess know who is not the party of law and order or even the rule of law.

Old 01-06-2021, 05:19 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
OP, I wish you'd have made this a public poll so we could see who is "gleeful" and/or "justified" over the attempted coup of the U.S. government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug1967 View Post
I find it confusing the same people supporting the protests last year are all of a sudden against this protest.
I find it confusing that you can't tell the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
For those that voted "sad", I wonder are they "sad" that this event happened, or are they "sad" that this is what has resulted due to the election fraud and other entities refusing to take any action.
Sad that there are so many people who disregard the U.S. Constitution and that so many people have been hoodwinked by the ultimate con man, Trump.

[quote=bu2;60081709]So far, I think its a good thing. But I don't know if there was damage./QUOTE]
Guess it's not a good thing, then, since the Capitol was vandalized. Or is that OK in Trump's Bizarro World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
but yet you can believe Clinton, Pelosi, Watters, etc etc on and on...and all the democrats in office that did the same thing
When did Democrats advocate storming the Capitol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Give me a break. The dems started it will protesting and rioting constantly in Trumps term
What an idiotic statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
But in true leftist form, you cant help but accuse racism in everything you see.
If the robe fits ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I support the protesters. Biden is illegitimate. We can’t have a president who is compromised.
Well, Trump is obviously mentally ill. And Biden won the election by 7 million votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Republicans just want to be heard
They were heard at the ballot box. We all were. Their candidate lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I expected it. 4 years of political abuse by the left, the media, the FBI, the Rinos, the Establishment Republicans that put party over what is right. the greedy ones like Biden Pelosi , McConnell who line their pockets with Communist Chinese dollars, the CIA, Brennan , Clapper Comey and their witch hunt turned against Trump. The abuse by Biden calling Trump supporters Chumps, calling the military, dumb bastards . Left always getting a pass for their corruption. Putting Trump supporters in jail starting with Dinesh D'Sousa for making a movie about Obama.
Typical Trump apologist - blaming everyone but the architect of this insurrection himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies