Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 07:42 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Watch this video carefully. Note what was used to break the Capitol's windows. It's a riot shield. Antifa arms themselves with those, not Trump supporters. This was the work of antifa agitators.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlfMHNYx4Vo
oh bs on that.

889 posts, read 272,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
It's a ****ing coup and these *******s are terrorists. That's what I think.
like these people were organized! lolz

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Sad at the disrespect. Embarrassed for our nation. Glad that Pence had the balls to say what he did. Sorry for the family of the person who died, even if she was a protester.

My husband can be clueless sometimes and when we visited Washington DC in the 90s, the first time either of us had been there, we were walking on the mall and my husband stopped a random person and said "What is that building?" She said "That's your Capitol Building, sir!" It still brings tears to my eyes remembering that.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:44 PM

2,657 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Today will be remembered for many years to come, and most importantly come the time for the 2024 elections.
Many are asking, how could this happen in the nation's capitol?
Why did it happen?
It happened because many feel this election was based on fraud.

Not only in politics, but in every day life, people get annoyed at many things that they feel helpless to solve, and that leads to frustration, which sometimes leads to striking out at those we feel are responsible.
I believe this is what happened today in Washington DC.
Since the election, supporters of the president have seen the courts, state, as well as federal, including the supreme court, dismiss claims of fraud, without even considering any evidence presented.
Most, if not all these claims were dismissed on technicalities, not for lack of evidence.
No wonder these people are frustrated.

I do not blame the people in these protest today, I blame the courts, and state legislatures for what happened in our nation's capitol today.
You can only be pushed so far, then you are only left with striking out in anguish, which is exactly what happened today.

I believe the American people were subjected to the greatest, and well planned, deceitful, election fraud ever in this country, while those in a position to act on it, stood by and did nothing.
Then we wonder why things like this protest today happen at all.

So many spoke today and repeated the words, "this is not who we are", "this is not who America is".
To that I answer, "voter fraud is not who we are".
"Voter fraud is not what America is"
Yet it happened in this country, and I would hope going forward, that the courts will be more respective of their sworn duties and not rely on party politics.
The courts were respectful of their duties. Over fifty cases were thrown out, often by conservative judges. Every state...with Dem and GOP officials alike...has certified the results. The massive voter fraud that is alleged simply does not exist.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:44 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvrilLavigne View Post
Readings comments here, I have the feeling
that this is mostly all orchestrated outrage,
you are outraged because CNN tells you, because all other people tell you how to feel

because the Democrats control people's feelings using techniques of emotional manipulation

Do you know how life would be in America if there had never been protests like this?
We would still be a British colony ruled by London and any protest would be morally condemned

All this outrage now, this is nothing new - it has beeen orchestrated centuries ago by British media

Back then, it was against the interest of the crown which was the rule of the élites why people were taught to feel outraged

Now, it is in the name of democracy which is just the rule of élites in disugise , just another name
Media are scared if people protest...because people can overthrow the government!

Today is a glorious day because it marks the revival of a feeling in American society that has paved the way for independence
So you're OK with rioters storming the capitol building. So noted.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:45 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
As an immigrant from a former communist country and as a republican voter since 1980, I partially blame this dumb riot on our complicated, unfair, and idiotic system for voting with the electoral college. I can't think of any other country voting like we do.
Right. Interesting how other countries didn't think that was one of the good ideas of our federal government. The Electoral College from the 2016 election proved how it can be disastrous against the nation. So I think one of the priorities of the Democrat Congress is to pass a constitutional amendment to abolish it and decide the presidential election by popular vote.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
I'm torn. The violence is uncalled for. Yet the Police came out in force instead of the democrat "stand down" orders that BLM and Antifa got while they burned everything. Despite the video's confirming election fraud, all that Trump supporters hear is "there is no evidence of election fraud". Then we are told to believe that gropey Beijing Biden got the most votes of any president in history when his rallies only got as many views in one week and Trumps did in 1 hour.
Even if we take the election results as being real, that's 74 million people whose concerns regarding vote fraud have been simply brushed aside and told "run along now you bother me".
I personally was awake until 1:30 PST, and watched several states flip to Biden in one update. The media called Virginia for Biden with only 18% reported and Trump with a double digit lead. Add in the Georgia after hours ballot counting video which was once again almost all Biden votes, and there's plenty there to call foul.
Now is the time to look forward, not backward in time like the commentators on Fox News, Hannity and Carlson, have done tonight.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:49 PM

2,657 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Conflicted. I don't like lawlessness, no matter who it is coming from. At the same time, I find it hard to publicly condemn them, when so many lefties here have been making excuses for all of the left-wing lawlessness over the last year.
Well, as a prior poster stated, protesting racism is far different than attacking Congress to overthrows the results of an election. And..most of us on the left do condemn the arson, and other acts of violence last summer.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:50 PM

127 posts, read 54,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So you're OK with rioters storming the capitol building. So noted.

Yes! If there were no riots, you'd still have pound with Queen Elizabeth's face on it - Washington betrayed the people, so the people have the right to complain.

+ the capitol is made for the people, not the rulers

Old 01-06-2021, 07:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Like policy which is something you rarely discuss? lol do as I do but not as I say. You sound Presidential.
Im a very long term poster here. Im more then happy to debate policy, and have done so at length when its been discussed here. Theyre my absolute favorite conversations. I never see them from the right here. Its been non stop name calling, and false claims.

So any more nonsense? Feel free to debate policy here sometime, I would love to see more of it. But thats not CD in the age of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies