Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the situation at the capital
Gleeful 37 5.17%
Justified 72 10.06%
A bit conflicted 54 7.54%
Sad 137 19.13%
Disgusted 485 67.74%
Other (please elaborate) 49 6.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 716. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 07:51 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
McConnell spoke before the Senate this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9idESc8Kweg

The protest became an unlawful assembly when it breached security.

Trump has only tweeted twice during this period.
Thanks for uploading that! This gives me a whole new favorable perspective on Mitch McConnell!

Old 01-06-2021, 07:51 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
oh bs on that.
It's true. Here's antifa in action with a truck load of banners, riot shields, etc., last year. They do indeed arm their agitators with riot shields.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._decision.html

Old 01-06-2021, 07:52 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Default Capitol siege - Why couldn’t police stop the protesters?

Let’s try to have a civil conversation
Why couldn’t Capitol police stop the protesters?

All this mess could have been avoided if the capitol police had done their job and stopped protesters from going in the Capitol

What failed?
Why couldn’t they stop them?

Old 01-06-2021, 07:53 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Trump is kind of losing me.

Ultimately Trump had the congress and he failed to do jack during his term. I do really wonder what his motivation is and I am starting to consider him a deeply selfish person who may be going off the rails. He is constantly egging other people on to do his dirty work and never actually doing it himself. He talks a lot about things but never takes action. His term was basically a waste from the GOP's point of view.

I enjoy that people went to the capitol and *made some noise* (as everyone who got the $600 stimulus should be smiling about tonight) but it will just get written off as something to do with Trump so it will be ignored.

There are more constructive ways to fight the voter fraud that is going on -- if someone actually cared about doing that. But I don't think Trump does. He isn't a patriot... he is him him him.
Trump is simply like a denied child. He wants to get back at America for not giving him 4 more years.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:53 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
You are wrong.
How?

It what way do you think she is wrong?

Old 01-06-2021, 07:54 PM

735 posts, read 654,292 times
inb4 this thread gets deleted by a fascist mod because it’s anti-Trump and stickied

Old 01-06-2021, 07:56 PM

1,600 posts, read 864,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
There is no "all sides" in this. Her actions caused her death.

You could easily say that about George Floyd. Anyway, I don't think we know yet exactly what happened to precipitate her shooting, or even if it was by an officer.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:56 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Now you have everyone at congress making a 5 min speech about what happened... Good grief just certified the votes and go home.

I bet the next covid relief act will have 1 billion dollars for security for DC.
Wrong, it will go to foreign enemies of America.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:57 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
I suspect it's Antifa infiltrators, to be honest. Destroying stuff is totally their MO.

Old 01-06-2021, 07:58 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Today will be remembered for many years to come, and most importantly come the time for the 2024 elections.
Many are asking, how could this happen in the nation's capitol?
Why did it happen?
It happened because many feel this election was based on fraud.

Not only in politics, but in every day life, people get annoyed at many things that they feel helpless to solve, and that leads to frustration, which sometimes leads to striking out at those we feel are responsible.
I believe this is what happened today in Washington DC.
Since the election, supporters of the president have seen the courts, state, as well as federal, including the supreme court, dismiss claims of fraud, without even considering any evidence presented.
Most, if not all these claims were dismissed on technicalities, not for lack of evidence.
No wonder these people are frustrated.

I do not blame the people in these protest today, I blame the courts, and state legislatures for what happened in our nation's capitol today.
You can only be pushed so far, then you are only left with striking out in anguish, which is exactly what happened today.

I believe the American people were subjected to the greatest, and well planned, deceitful, election fraud ever in this country, while those in a position to act on it, stood by and did nothing.
Then we wonder why things like this protest today happen at all.

So many spoke today and repeated the words, "this is not who we are", "this is not who America is".
To that I answer, "voter fraud is not who we are".
"Voter fraud is not what America is"
Yet it happened in this country, and I would hope going forward, that the courts will be more respective of their sworn duties and not rely on party politics.
As I posted in the other thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The problem is that several states held unconstitutional federal elections, rendering their results invalid. Their 2020 federal election rules and procedures were arbitrarily changed by people in their executive or judicial branches which the US Constitution does not permit, but no one is doing anything about it and SCOTUS has to date refused to uphold the Constitution. That's a shame because it's actually their JOB and all Justices have sworn an oath to do so.

To see what I'm talking about, read the Constitution's requirements in Article I, Section 1, Clause 2 and Article I, Section 4, Clause 1. Only state legislatures can federal elections.

When you have some states and counties abiding by the Constitution when conducting their federal elections and others doing whatever the hell they want, unconstitutionally, there's a BIG problem. The states and counties in violation disenfranchise the voters everywhere else. That's not going to be resolved until ALL states and counties conduct their federal elections as directed/prescribed by the US Constitution.

The US Constitution on federal elections:

Election for President, Article I, Section 1, Clause 2:

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress"

Election for US Congress (Senators and Representatives), Article I, Section 4, Clause 1:

"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but Congress may at any time make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of choosing Senators"

The state legislatures determine each state's federal election procedures, not some arbitrary state official. GA, MI, PA, and WI failed to abide by that Constitutional requirement when conducting their federal elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies