Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 08:37 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,499,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Anyone who can't see the difference is clearly uneducated about America's history.

Those who attacked our Capitol yesterday aren't patriots. They are gangsters. Nothing but gangsters.
What a funny reply. You offer nothing - nothing at all in actual rebuttal. Just a trite “herky der! you don’t know history!”

Suffice to say, my opinion stands.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 09:14 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,499,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Another one of you who thinks I should ignore my lying eyes.

No Foot Lockers were looted for Jordans. No Walmarts were stripped of TVs. No buildings or churches were burned. No Democrat gated communities in Georgetown were broken into, homes surrounded and residents intimidated with threatening chants. No anarchist autonomous zones were carved out and barricaded in city centers to serve as havens for anti-American revolutionaries. For those idiots who say these were white supremacists I'll remind you that no statues of MLK were torn down. These average people feel disenfranchised by a govt that now has complete control and intends to remake the institutions of govt to maintain single party control in perpetuity. They had a big gripe and instead of lashing out and destroying our cities they took it straight to those responsible. The lawmakers who occupy the "people's house" and made it clear that the people want their voices heard in their own house. They tried to do it with their votes but that was effectively nullified by the information suppression/manipulation of big tech and the media.

I know what I see. I see middle aged people, husbands and wives, I saw seniors, grandmothers and grandfathers waving American flags. You should choke on your lies that these were gangsters. You're a classic example of those on the left who instead of genuinely reflecting on how and why such normally mild, boring, law abiding people who go to work, raise kids, attend church and generally mind their own business could have become so angry that they resorted to storming the capitol. Those like you won't reflect though. Your reaction will be more govt crackdowns, more vilification and name calling, more marginalizing of half of America that feels this anger but might not quite yet feel pushed around enough to act.

Our founders foresaw this sort of disastrous scenario which they referred to as the tyranny of the majority. They knew that you cannot have a stable viable country where half of America is happy and the other half is deeply unhappy. It's clear to many of us that this is where progressives are going and I'm here to tell you that you aren't going to be able to stop the bonfire that's going to erupt if you keep contentedly silencing and marginalizing the other half. Keep it up and see what this gets you.
Awesome post. Huzzah!

Old 01-07-2021, 12:08 PM

5,321 posts, read 6,096,949 times
Very peaceful

https://twitter.com/philipindc/statu...685800961?s=21

Old 01-07-2021, 01:35 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,464,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wee-Bey View Post
Another one of you who thinks I should ignore my lying eyes.

No Foot Lockers were looted for Jordans. No Walmarts were stripped of TVs. No buildings or churches were burned. No Democrat gated communities in Georgetown were broken into, homes surrounded and residents intimidated with threatening chants. No anarchist autonomous zones were carved out and barricaded in city centers to serve as havens for anti-American revolutionaries. For those idiots who say these were white supremacists I'll remind you that no statues of MLK were torn down. These average people feel disenfranchised by a govt that now has complete control and intends to remake the institutions of govt to maintain single party control in perpetuity. They had a big gripe and instead of lashing out and destroying our cities they took it straight to those responsible. The lawmakers who occupy the "people's house" and made it clear that the people want their voices heard in their own house. They tried to do it with their votes but that was effectively nullified by the information suppression/manipulation of big tech and the media.

I know what I see. I see middle aged people, husbands and wives, I saw seniors, grandmothers and grandfathers waving American flags. You should choke on your lies that these were gangsters. You're a classic example of those on the left who instead of genuinely reflecting on how and why such normally mild, boring, law abiding people who go to work, raise kids, attend church and generally mind their own business could have become so angry that they resorted to storming the capitol. Those like you won't reflect though. Your reaction will be more govt crackdowns, more vilification and name calling, more marginalizing of half of America that feels this anger but might not quite yet feel pushed around enough to act.

Our founders foresaw this sort of disastrous scenario which they referred to as the tyranny of the majority. They knew that you cannot have a stable viable country where half of America is happy and the other half is deeply unhappy. It's clear to many of us that this is where progressives are going and I'm here to tell you that you aren't going to be able to stop the bonfire that's going to erupt if you keep contentedly silencing and marginalizing the other half. Keep it up and see what this gets you.
I would agree with you if I thought for one second the election was stolen. It wasn't. Those charges have been investigated up, down and sideways. No proof. Nothing. Nada. America voted for Biden. Trump's ego can't handle the fact that he lost, so he convinces his angry redneck followers that our nation's election process is fraudulent. Pathetic behavior from a president.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:58 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,988,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
At the time that I posted this originally...yes, at that time they were not showing damages to interiors of builldings.

Still, it was only a handful of people that caused the problems....and that is wrong.

Old 01-07-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
At the time that I posted this originally...yes, at that time they were not showing damages to interiors of builldings.

Still, it was only a handful of people that caused the problems....and that is wrong.
A "handful of people"?? Every person who was there and did nothing to stop "that handful of people" is guilty of inciting a riot. They are guilty by association. They all went there looking for trouble... looking to create chaos. As soon as they saw "the handful" climbing the walls and smashing windows they should have dispersed and gone home. By staying they gave their muted support to "the handful". Guilty! Lock 'em all up.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:07 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,063,003 times
Quote:
I would agree with you if I thought for one second the election was stolen. It wasn't. Those charges have been investigated up, down and sideways. No proof. Nothing. Nada. America voted for Biden. Trump's ego can't handle the fact that he lost, so he convinces his angry redneck followers that our nation's election process is fraudulent. Pathetic behavior from a president.
Please stop lying, it's unbecoming to you.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Please stop lying, it's unbecoming to you.
Then show us the proof, dear. You're hiding it for some reason. Just produce it so we can all see it and be as enlightened as you.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:41 PM

2,953 posts, read 991,545 times
Quote:
Why are you ascribing statements to me that I didn't make? I never mentioned an election stolen at the ballot box like Trump has alleged. I'll say it a second time so that you can get it - The election was manipulated and given to Biden in the months before the election by the media and big tech's suppression of information favorable to Trump and unfavorable to Biden.

Only an idiot would dismiss those people as nothing but slavish followers robotically obeying Trump's orders to storm the capitol. That is a willfully dishonest distortion. They were angry, disenfranchised and ready to rattle our leaders in their tower and shake them out of their smug complacency for reasons having nothing to do with Trump's election disputes. The results from Georgia coupled with promises from leftists of taking the Senate and then re-making America probably had at least as much to do with it. The specter of living in an America controlled by haughty elitist fools who think of half of America as a cartoonish abstract of "angry redneck followers" is more than enough to create a powder keg. Trump's behavior that morning may have been stupid and inflammatory but that explosion was going to happen regardless.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:23 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,063,003 times
Quote:
Then show us the proof, dear. You're hiding it for some reason. Just produce it so we can all see it and be as enlightened as you.
Sorry, honey, I don't have the proof in my back pocket. I want a full investigation, which is needed to either confirm or deny the hundreds of allegations made, and uncover any proof only the Bad Guys know about thus far - some murder cases take years to solve, and many others go unsolved forever - much to the chagrin of the deceased and their family. Again, the "real" damage was done when the constitution was torn up and thrown away, when state election laws were changed by people who had no legal right to do so. The Supreme Court was absolutely derelict to not take Texas' case up. They looked at zero evidence, as was done in the vast majority of the other suits that were filed.

If you're ignorant, I feel bad for you and encourage you to examine the facts. If you're being willfully ignorant, saying "Nothing to see here, move along" I feel REALLY bad for you, and you should be ashamed of yourself. I want an investigation, and you should too. Unless, of course, you think the ends justified the means, wink, wink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies