Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 02:53 AM

4,900 posts, read 2,054,437 times

Advertisements

What strikes me as funny is that the Left is now Pro Law Enforcement... After spending half of 2020 defunding the police and blaming cops for all the problems in the United States and basically, all the problems on this planet.

News Flash!! Most cops will uphold the law, but many don’t really care for the Left or their ideals at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 03:56 AM

14,225 posts, read 4,589,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That issue was decided at the Nuremberg trials !!! Just following orders is not a justifiable defense !!! Known as the Nuremberg defense !!!

https://qz.com/621274/neuroscientist...orders-excuse/
I'm not sure if i can see any relation between Nuremberg Trials to convict international war criminals has anything to do with American law enforcement enforcing/not enforcing domestic law.

FYI: Nuremberg Trial only go after high ranking Nazis officials, not the low ranking enlisted and officers in the German military

Old 01-07-2021, 09:32 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
the proud boys I believe dressed as antifa members at some event. it makes sense if antifa goes there looking like trump supporters and causes problems and then trump supporters are blamed.
The reason this is a silly observation is that the whole crowd went with the supposed antifa imposters from the white house to the capitol.

All you are saying here is that the Trump supporters were easily duped and influenced by these Antifa "imposters".

Old 01-07-2021, 10:18 AM

3,393 posts, read 1,545,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
The DC Mayor issued stand-down orders, AGAIN.
the dc mayor has no authority over the capitol building because it's federal.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
The reason this is a silly observation is that the whole crowd went with the supposed antifa imposters from the white house to the capitol.

All you are saying here is that the Trump supporters were easily duped and influenced by these Antifa "imposters".
the crowd as a whole was not violent at all. there is a possibility they had antifa people mixed in. trump supporters are not violent like antifa and blm. some find them entering is not violent and their right. obviously, any violence would be wrong.

violence was not their intent but to delay or stop the certifying the electoral vote.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:33 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
the crowd as a whole was not violent at all. there is a possibility they had antifa people mixed in. trump supporters are not violent like antifa and blm. some find them entering is not violent and their right. obviously, any violence would be wrong.

violence was not their intent but to delay or stop the certifying the electoral vote.
They used violence to delay or stop the certifying of the vote..they pushed through barricades and cops, threw projectiles at cops. They succeeded in stopping the certification through violent action. they wanted to overturn a legally held election through violence. That by definition is a violent coup.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:35 AM

141 posts, read 83,899 times
After 4 + years of the news media constantly showing great levels of unhinged hatred and paranoia against Trump, after throwing the election, people had finally had enough of the political/media complex telling them what reality was. Trump will not resign.

Last edited by teslasucks; 01-07-2021 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: trmp

Old 01-07-2021, 10:39 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,147,759 times
Quote:
The world you live in or see on tv might not be what you think......

here is the proof....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1346909463660396550

this event was to use an excuse to take more of your rights.

rumors are they will use this to expand the patriot act.

The united states is 1000 times more corrupt than you think.
Someone’s tweet is proof of nothing. The Capitol police were overwhelmed. What if they had begun shooting? There would have been a bloodbath! They should have had reinforced security. I am sure there will be an investigationmofbthe Capitol police, and we’ll find out more.

Lay blame where it belongs! Lay it at the feet of the president and with the gullible rioters, who I hope will be identified from footage and prosecuted.

Old 01-07-2021, 10:48 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They used violence to delay or stop the certifying of the vote..they pushed through barricades and cops, threw projectiles at cops. They succeeded in stopping the certification through violent action. they wanted to overturn a legally held election through violence. That by definition is a violent coup.
I must have missed it when these people attempted to impose THEIR OWN govt.

According to what I saw, they didnt do anything but sit and stand around for a very brief period of time, heck, within hours, they were all gone!

Not really a 'coup' imo. lol

Old 01-07-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Someone’s tweet is proof of nothing. The Capitol police were overwhelmed. What if they had begun shooting? There would have been a bloodbath! They should have had reinforced security. I am sure there will be an investigationmofbthe Capitol police, and we’ll find out more.

Lay blame where it belongs! Lay it at the feet of the president and with the gullible rioters, who I hope will be identified from footage and prosecuted.

where did the president ever instruct his supporters to storm the capital building?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies