Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 06:21 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Your story is slightly embellished to suit the narrative you want.

Blake was walking away from the officers when he was shot and getting in his car. There was no attempt to lunge at the officers. While one officer claimed there was a knife -- they failed to prove that in court or produce the knife. There is no evidence to suggest that he was kidnapping the children. That came out in court.

They had no clue he was someone with a checkered past. For all they knew he was just a jerk at that time. His sexual assault charges came out after they killed him.

He did resist arrest and probably because he had some charges pending.

Yesterday we saw hundreds -- maybe thousands? of folks assault, 'resist' the police and only one woman was shot.

For some it does seem there is a double standard.

I would suggest that it is more complicated than that. The law enforcement at the Capitol weren't trained or prepared for that kind of mob and they were unsure how many were armed. There could have been a blood bath.....there wasn't......
They were told he was violating a protective order and taking the children when he wasn’t supposed to. Protective orders of that length are only given when previous physical violence has occurred so preventing him from taking the children was a good enough reason for making sure they stopped him. The bigger error in what you’ve written here, though, is claiming he was killed - he was not.

By the way, had all the “peaceful” protests not happened this summer many more people probably would have been killed yesterday, to include lots more that got into the Capitol Building. Police departments throughout the nation have received extensive training on how to avoid shooting protestors or escalating the violence. There is a reason most police involved shootings during protests happened the first days and almost never happen now. I am absolutely positive the DC associated law enforcement agencies were among the first to do the training and undoubtedly continue to do it.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:23 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Many have been arrested, one shot dead, I am failing to see any privilege they got.
That's issue.. fortunately only one shot and several arrested. I believe the players have a valid point. As the protesters were POC there would've been plenty more shot/killed with few left alive to arrest.

We can't endorse the behavior of Domestic Terroristic NeaderTHUGS and finally their behavior and disastrous actions with little recourse constitutes "White Privilege."

A privilege 90% (of) dont deserve.

Sorry grandma and grandpa yet it's true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 06:27 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,941,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
That's issue.. fortunately only one shot and several arrested. I believe the players have a valid point. As the protesters were POC there would've been plenty more shot/killed with few left alive to arrest.

We can't endorse the behavior of Domestic Terroristic NeaderTHUGS and finally their behavior and disastrous actions with little recourse constitutes "White Privilege."

A privilege 90% (of) dont deserve.

Sorry grandma and grandpa yet it's true.
ANd if a black president was in the white house it would have been racist because they didn't protect the white house because he was black and how this would never have been allowed to happen with a white president. No matter what happens they will find a way to play the race card.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:41 AM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
ANd if a black president was in the white house it would have been racist because they didn't protect the white house because he was black and how this would never have been allowed to happen with a white president. No matter what happens they will find a way to play the race card.

Duly noted

Apparently each community utilizes the racecard, fortune for some their card has a white shiny "P" for privilege.

Old 01-07-2021, 07:30 AM

1,951 posts, read 700,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This isn't the "NBA".

The guy quoted 2 guys out of thousands of current and former NBA players, coaches etc.

Comments likely made prior to finding out that the lone violent death was a protester shot by security.
Sorry, I don't know that. The whole story was the leading story at my local sports station live program (9:00 pm pst)

Old 01-07-2021, 07:40 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Could you imagine the level of NBA tweets that would happen if a black woman was shot to death in the neck by a police officer as she entered a police precinct or court house during a BLM/Antifa rally?

Old 01-07-2021, 07:44 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Many have been arrested, one shot dead, I am failing to see any privilege they got.
I have to agree.

I don't recall (feel free to correct me if wrong) any of the BLM or Antifa rioters being killed by police during their 'mostly peaceful protests'.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 AM

1,301 posts, read 665,856 times
Why is it that wealthy black folks are always complaining about white privilege?
As if making hundreds of millions of dollars to toss a ball down a court and getting multi-million dollar deals with Nike and other companies isn't one of the biggest privileges one could possibly attain.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:08 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
I’m staring at the tv right now and I am seeing an enormous group of black people who were at the Capitol yesterday, marching with “Blacks for Trump” shirts and banners.

Are they considered white for being conservative??

This racist narrative is doing so much damage. Just keep it up, progressives.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:13 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Who watches these people anymore.
I enjoy competition, so when I got home last night I turned on ESPN... Lakers /Warriors.

They broke in with a story about what happened earlier in the day with the Celtics and Pistons (I think). They did the opening tip, and then they all kneeled on the court to protest what happened at the capitol.

TV immediately turned OFF. Ridiculous to turn this into a racial issue - but that's what rabid liberals do.

They approved violent actions where many minority business owners lost everything to white Antifa/BLM Inc goons in multiple cities - and somehow this was worthy of their attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m staring at the tv right now and I am seeing an enormous group of black people who were at the Capitol yesterday, marching with “Blacks for Trump” shirts and banners.

Are they considered white for being conservative??

This racist narrative is doing so much damage. Just keep it up, progressives.
Yes. And it pre-dates Trump.

It's totalitarian thinking. No individuals. Must be in lockstep...

Results of years of media drum beating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies