Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 06:02 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,609,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
https://media1.tenor.com/images/2695...temid=12400026

This thread is pretty symbolic of how low the intellect has fallen in my once-great state, once known for its scientific innovation, now full of white supremacists and heroin addicts due to the best and brightest mostly moving elsewhere.
I'm one of those who moved elsewhere from my small town of Lima Ohio. I'd say 90% of people I graduated with who earned a degree or served in the military didn't come back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 06:02 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Ashli Babbitt Avenue. She was an unarmed veteran who was shot in cold blood while defending her nation.
Nah. She was an idiot breaking and entering into a secure federal building.

Should’ve just stayed home yesterday instead of partaking in the riot.

They should all feel lucky. If it was black people doing it a lot more would be shot and they’d be gassing them and hauling them out.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:07 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
Quote:
I wonder if President Trump has the authority to make the name change before he leaves office. That would be awesome.
Even if he tried to do so and somehow succeeded, the street name would be named back. And street naming would be a local decision anyway, not a federal one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Projecting how you view yourself again?

But BLM and Antifa destruction, looting, murder and arson is OK?
The storming of the capital and rioting yesterday was done by extremists right wing Trump supporters who were trying to mount an insurrection.

As someone who fervently opposes Trump, I condemn looting, murder, and arson whether left- wing or right-wing extremists are involved.

And you?

2,828 posts, read 824,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon3290 View Post
Absolutely not. Go watch the videos, she was trying to gain entry to a secure area that was barricaded moments after windows had been smashed. Her name should NEVER be used to honor her. She is a domestic terrorist and should be treated as such.

Her last tweet said "Nothing will stop us…. they can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours….dark to light."

Stupid is as stupid does. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
But it was OK to make the criminal George Floyd a martyr, a felon who held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach while his buddies ransacked her apartment looking for drugs and money. The capitol police were wrong and should be prosecuted.

4,190 posts, read 2,509,475 times
Her only claim to fame is that she was used by Trump. Why weren't his sons or daughters out there "protesting?" They stayed tucked away in comfort while others danced and in this case, died for Trump. Add her name to the hundreds of thousands he could care less about as he plays golf, watches TV and continues a downward spiral mentally.

Trump and his family are cowards wrapping themselves in a flag which they disgrace.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:10 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Why not name Pennsylvania Ave after one of the other three who died in this attempt to overthrow our government?

I think the guy who tased himself might be the perfect metaphor.
There was no attempt to overthrow the government, the trouble makers were Antifa bused in to cause disruption. This has already been duly noted.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:13 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
But it was OK to make the criminal George Floyd a martyr, a felon who held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach while his buddies ransacked her apartment looking for drugs and money. The capitol police were wrong and should be prosecuted.
as usual, you people can't seem to figure out that the MAJORITY OF US AMERICANS do not think either one is okay. It is NOT one or the other, BOTH yesterday and all the floyd looting/protests ARE NOT OKAY. This is what a balanced US citizen can think. We aren't all extremists like you and your ilk.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:14 AM

2,941 posts, read 1,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
There was no attempt to overthrow the government, the trouble makers were Antifa bused in to cause disruption. This has already been duly noted.
Insane. Get help.

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Time to Rename Pennsylvania Ave
Quote:
Time to Rename Pennsylvania Ave to Ashli Babbitt Avenue. She was an unarmed veteran who was shot in cold blood while defending her nation.
And an avowed Q'Anon kook who had a large social media presence which included calling for the arrest of the VP Mike Pence on charges of treason.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-capitol-riot/

Quote:
I wonder if President Trump has the authority to make the name change before he leaves office. That would be awesome.
Quote:
And if you object to this name change, you are merely showing that you are a racist, since she was a white woman. If she had been a POC you would be saluting the idea. And you know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Ashli Babbitt, who had 14 years in the service and did four tours of duty...a domestic terrorist...yeah right! I really wonder who’s the real crap stain on toilet paper. Her or “You”!
Dear folks who support those who have fallen prey to the poison of a POTUS who called for an attack on the government of the United States, yesterday. There is a reason the city in which this occurred is called Washington D.C. and not Arnold D.C. An American would know this.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 01-07-2021 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: clarity and citation inclusion

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Ashli Babbitt Avenue. She was an unarmed veteran who was shot in cold blood while defending her nation.
While participating in a riot and was breaking into the US Capital, forget it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies