Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2021, 01:22 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times

Advertisements

REsponse: Opinion

Just when you think you heard it all.

Covid vaccinations as racists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 02:46 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,550,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
The virus affects and kills asians at effectively the same rate (1.1x) as whites. The reason why the infection rate is so low in asian countries, up till just recently is because they still wear masks there. It's only when they start getting careless does the infection rate begin to go up, like it has in korea and japan. Even then it's still quite low compared to the s*it show that is the united states.
I have read that Filipinos make up a disproportionate number of COVID deaths among nurses in the US (something like 30%), although that could be due to geographic factors (higher concentration in cities like NY and LA) or higher-exposure roles (ICU, ER, etc).

Old 01-07-2021, 04:24 PM

37,108 posts, read 41,277,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
I have read that Filipinos make up a disproportionate number of COVID deaths among nurses in the US (something like 30%), although that could be due to geographic factors (higher concentration in cities like NY and LA) or higher-exposure roles (ICU, ER, etc).
Nursing homes?

Old 01-07-2021, 04:26 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
i do not trust anything coming from the Chinse Communist Party. Betafish is a CCP propagandist.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
REsponse: Opinion

Just when you think you heard it all.

Covid vaccinations as racists?
you have to consider the source. Beatfish is here on behalf of the Chinse Communist Party. This thread is about pushing the agenda. it isn't intended to be about any fact

Old 01-07-2021, 04:42 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
The virus affects and kills asians at effectively the same rate (1.1x) as whites. The reason why the infection rate is so low in asian countries, up till just recently is because they still wear masks there. It's only when they start getting careless does the infection rate begin to go up, like it has in korea and japan. Even then it's still quite low compared to the s*it show that is the united states.

I suspect a big part of it is cultural behavior that goes beyond masks. I've done lot of business in Asia. Places like southern Europe are contact cultures. Asia is the opposite. Nobody kisses on the cheek. Nobody shakes hands. In my life experience, everyone has a 3 foot bubble. That kind of has to impact the transmission rate some despite the massively high population density.

I think the other aspect is that Asia has real public health and they expect compliance. If there's a mask order and a lockdown, they don't have Meal Team Six and the Gravy Seals ignoring it. If you're supposed to quarantine, you quarantine and people will turn you in if you violate it.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:48 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Is it because the experiment design used white samples only? Or some other reason?

-------
After all the attention paid to Moderna and Pfizer’s new Covid-19 vaccines, some health experts have expressed caution about the companies’ confident assertions that the vaccines are 95 percent effective for all populations.

https://www.csail.mit.edu/news/mit-s...sian-americans
I think it's more because when China engineered the virus, they did so in order to make it focus on the genetics of "round eyes", not people of Asian descent. Asians seem to have a strong natural immunity to the released version of the bug, given the low rate of infection in SEA. If Asians are genetically immune (to some degree) it only makes sense that a vaccine wouldn't generate the same anti-body response.

Old 01-07-2021, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I think it's more because when China engineered the virus, they did so in order to make it focus on the genetics of "round eyes", not people of Asian descent. Asians seem to have a strong natural immunity to the released version of the bug, given the low rate of infection in SEA. If Asians are genetically immune (to some degree) it only makes sense that a vaccine wouldn't generate the same anti-body response.
this is a good point!

Hey Betafish! Your overlords genetically created a virus to kill white people. How do you feel about that? Mad it didn't work better?

Old 01-07-2021, 04:58 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Whatever, MIT race baiters.

Old 01-08-2021, 04:39 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Aaah. So China engineered the virus? Don’t you have a Capitol Building to storm?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies