Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2021, 11:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Go home in Peace...........................
After the toothpaste is out of the tube, it's easy to say anything you like....

"...We love you. You're very special...."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2021, 11:53 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,293,305 times
If Trump is too irresponsible to use social media, how is he responsible enough to have access to the nuclear launch codes?

Old 01-07-2021, 11:53 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,113,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
I mostly agree with this but I am concerned that there was so little security at the Capitol. Its not like these crazies haven't been saying they were coming. The question is was it just a leadership failure or was it deliberate?
I wondered that also. Seriously, we know that our enemies have set up in all the major cities in the US. Now, if they got together and stormed the Capitol, with weapons and were determined to behead Congress, how easy would it be. Something isn't right at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
A pardon for what? What crimes has he committed? Trump doesn't need Pence to pardon him. He could pardon himself.
Oh, you know what crime he committed! He defeated Hillary Clinton in 2016, that's the crime! He delayed the agenda of Obama and the puppet masters. The only recent crime that I know of was with the election fraud, and that was brushed aside.

Old 01-07-2021, 11:56 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,989,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I was going to ask the same thing. A pardon for what? People have a right to assemble. Trump encouraged people to assemble. How is it his fault some of them became violent?
What did Trump say? What were Trumps words ?

Old 01-07-2021, 12:00 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have virulently opposed the three impeachments in my lifetime, I thought they were destructive to our nation and driven by nothing but pure politics. I honestly believe what happened yesterday was fueled by the last impeachment charade and have nothing but contempt for Adam Schiff. I’m certainly no Trump fan but he never got under my skin and unlike most people I have been willing to give him credit where it was due.

Yesterday, though, makes me think, despite the fact that he only has a couple of weeks left, that he needs to be impeached. I have no interest in punishing him, I just want to protect the nation. If this were just about getting him out of office, the 25th Amendment should be the appropriate response, but it’s not just about getting him out of office. It’s about making sure he and his followers, especially the more fervent ones, understand he can never be president again. If convicted, instead of just impeached as we have done in all four cases, it can include a stipulation that he would never be able to hold office again. That is the important part.

I know they took forever with the last charade, but if 75% of Congress will support it, this can be rammed through in the time left. Our nation does not need the domestic terrorism that he would be capable of whipping up if his more delusional followers.

Couldn't rep you again, yet.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:03 PM

1,514 posts, read 890,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I was going to ask the same thing. A pardon for what? People have a right to assemble. Trump encouraged people to assemble. How is it his fault some of them became violent?

You might as well remove all the Democratic lawmakers for encouraging people to assemble this summer as soon as those turned violent. If the left didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.
Not so fast. Lets not be so quick to deflect and minimize that is so common on this forum.

From Middle State Tennessee University regarding the right for the far right hate group Klu Klux Clan to assemble (very last paragraph):
https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment...1/ku-klux-klan

"The Klan and Klan activity have been at the heart of many First Amendment cases. Demonstrations (and counter-demonstrations) and racially provocative statements by Klansmen have often produced controversy. In overturning the conviction of a Klansman in Brandenburg v. Ohio (1969), the Supreme Court established that states could only suppress subversive speech that is “directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action"

Trump's event: "STOP the steal", "Save America" march
Trumps statement: "Be there, it will be wild"

These are calls to action

We can honestly start another whole thread on the individual Tweets Trump has said in regards of how the election was stolen from him and how his "Patriots" and members in government need to "Fight".

It is very clear, Trump was creating a conspiracy theory that the election was stolen from these people and in so drummed up anger. He called to action many of those who were angry and to march on those who have a chance at overturning the election that was stolen from them and then Trump stated that they should be there because "It will be wild".

It is very clear to many people. I am sure you are a smart person can put bias aside as much as possible and can put 2 and 2 together and see what truly went on here.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:07 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
First of all, I take you for your word that you are not a Trump supporter, and that you voted for Biden (earlier response). That being the case, I 100% misjudged you, and I'll own it. From your posting history, I figured you are fully on board the Trump train. Again, if I was wrong (and it looks like I was), I own it.

This is no more or less "a protest that got out of hand" as the BLM and related protests over the summer. The big difference is this is the first time that a sitting President gave the reason to protest (with lies about election fraud), he called them to the protest, and at the protest, he encouraged them to march on the capital to distrupt the certification process (in other words, he went out of his way to make it get out of hand.)

Comparatively, the BLM's were infultrated by agitators, many are believed (with good evidence) to be right wing sympathizers. I think we can all agree that the people that stormed the capital were not anything other than Trump base.

But yes, I will give you it was "a protest that got out of hand". Upon getting out of hand, it became much, MUCH more.
First off, we all get things wrong, few have the chutzpa to own it. #tips hat

I agree with the rest of your post with the only exception being the right wingers being a big factor at BLM\ANTIFA rallies as there is only evidence of that in 1 or 2 cases out of thousands upon thousands of protests.

You can watch literally hundreds of videos of incidents and clearly they are not boogaloo boys. (or just start googling city names with felony charges for assault, arson and key word mugshots....it's not the redneck types we saw in yesterdays footage....just a different type of loser.)

Go google Chicago protests felony arrests and see what pops up?

Old 01-07-2021, 12:19 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
The impeachment has nothing to do with Schiff. It had everything to do with Trump holding up foreign aid to get get the Ukraine to announce an investigation into his political rival Biden. Susan Collins reasoning for not voting for impeachment was that she felt Trump learned his lesson and it would not happen again. It did. He tried to brow beat the Georgia SOS to throw Georgia votes to him.
Wait two weeks and after trump announces he will run in 2024, he will be Biden's political rival. You will be pleased if Biden investigates Trump at that time, because all leftists hold to a double standard when it comes to the law.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:22 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I have virulently opposed the three impeachments in my lifetime, I thought they were destructive to our nation and driven by nothing but pure politics. I honestly believe what happened yesterday was fueled by the last impeachment charade and have nothing but contempt for Adam Schiff. I’m certainly no Trump fan but he never got under my skin and unlike most people I have been willing to give him credit where it was due.

Yesterday, though, makes me think, despite the fact that he only has a couple of weeks left, that he needs to be impeached. I have no interest in punishing him, I just want to protect the nation. If this were just about getting him out of office, the 25th Amendment should be the appropriate response, but it’s not just about getting him out of office. It’s about making sure he and his followers, especially the more fervent ones, understand he can never be president again. If convicted, instead of just impeached as we have done in all four cases, it can include a stipulation that he would never be able to hold office again. That is the important part.

I know they took forever with the last charade, but if 75% of Congress will support it, this can be rammed through in the time left. Our nation does not need the domestic terrorism that he would be capable of whipping up if his more delusional followers.
So you want to start a civil war?

Most of your posts are 10s. This is below zero.

It seems like the whole swamp has become delusional.

What would you impeach him for? Because some of his followers behaved badly?

So how quick will you support impeaching Biden?

Old 01-07-2021, 12:28 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
You really don't get that the bolded is precisely why the underlined is exactly the wrong move? Why would you want to leave people who truly think they are fighting for the very soul of this nation with no hope? Do you think it will make them just give up or go away?
It is just amazing to me that President Trump won the Republican nomination, beat the Clinton machine, survived 4 years of attacks by the MSM, gained 10 million votes over last time and so many people still don't get it.

We have a complete failure of empathy in this country. A total incapability of people to see outside their own paradigm.

People think their voices haven't been heard, so the establishment proposes stomping on them.

There's also a serious shortage of common sense in this country. People act on their emotions, not on what makes sense.

We need to fire almost all those people in Washington.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies